• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

His dad was at least an Army man so he's particularly American even if born elsewhere. Most of those guys in Europe who play for other countries have like a grandparent from there or something similarly silly.
Thats true, but hes as much American as Holtby is English. :lol

pulga

Banned
They should bring Bojan on. I want to lick some tears if he somehow manages to score.

It'll probably be an own goal.

Suen

First half was boring as shit, this is what people call entertaining football? 350 side passes, never shooting on goal etc..
Barca.

Messi looked frustrated as he walked out after first half lol. Milan seem to be doing good though. Team looked completely dead after the transfers summer last year in the beginning of the season but they seem much more confident now, not to mention that I think they've definitely been improving since then. Hope the second half now will be better.

Man nothing is worse than american commentators on football. I'd expect them to be reviewing the first half in some typical football studio but nope, you never get to see them, only hear them. Not only does it just sound weird with the american dialect but they have some shitty rock music in the background for no fucking reason while they are reviewing the first half, as if it's supposed to add any excitement.

rodvik

When Barca score 5 goals "lol shit defence, when will teams learn how to play against them"

when teams use the right tactics "lol fucking boring match, typical Barca"

Don't really know what they want.

Barca are trying to score and break through with possession, Milan are holding back and trying to score on the counter.

Nothing wrong with either tactic. Yeah it can be boring but no one is forcing anyone to watch.

Agreed. I only hate on Barca when they dive, which they have not done today by any stretch. I like this game, two tactically smart and skillful teams. Some of that passing in tight spaces is beautiful.

Linius

Switching to the Schalke game for some entertainment. At least there are two teams playing football in Istanbul tonight.

fuenf

Well I didnt think this day would come but I cant help rooting for Schalke to win. A Schalke - Dortmund QF would be delicious and I don't want to see Drogba / Sneijder in the CL ever again, far too many bad memories.

AlexBasch

Eh, switched to Schalke-Galatasaray instead.

Also, call me nuts but I have been enjoying Europa League matches a lot more than UCL lately. :/ I don't want to see 7-0 or 5-5 games with "sick skillz" but damn, I don't like falling asleep in the middle of a match.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Milan can win this if they stop running the ball out of play. Barca are playing shit and there for the taking, Milan have fucked up every counter attack.

Liverpool scored 1 last year when they came to Portugal.

FUCK YEAH

animedance.gif

Alexis is worse than the tiki-taka guys against a deep back line :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom