• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

"It shows how Milan's stock has dropped, this is the only way Milan could play against Barcelona" - Sky Sports 3

No fucking shit. Teams worth much more still need to play this way against Barcelona.

rvy

Banned
Barcelona's tactics are the fucking worst. They're all extremely talented yet they don't take risky passes or runs and just pass it side to side eternally so they don't lose possession while they wait for the opposition to get tired and make a mistake. Actually, that is not the worst, the worst is that noone in the world seems to figure out a counter-tactic other than parking the bus and letting them have the ball.

I'm sure plenty of people have figured that you need to play Barca's game to beat them, they just don't have the balls to do it because Barca is so talented. Are you gonna play possession in Barca's midfield? You miss a pass and then what? Get wrecked in a quick counter?
It's a dangerous game.

FootballFan

Barcelona's tactics are the fucking worst. They're all extremely talented yet they don't take risky passes or runs and just pass it side to side eternally so they don't lose possession while they wait for the opposition to get tired and make a mistake. Actually, that is not the worst, the worst is that noone in the world seems to figure out a counter-tactic other than parking the bus and letting them have the ball. Fuck Guardiola for gracing european football with this shit.

You guys saying "typical boring Barca" surely you have to see the boringness is shared between both teams.

Would it be this boring if Milan didn't have 10 players in the box? Nope, but it's understandable that they do it because they have to.

rodvik

lol at the Barca/Milan hate. I see two great teams at full tilt pressing each other trying to turn a sliver of a chance into something special. I dont find it a snooze fest at all.

pulga

Banned
hahaha this barca haters, lets forget milan is putting 8 defenders in the last 10 meters. How are we suppose to sort that coward state of mind?

I really fucking hope you have to chase away another milanese team with sprinklers this year. I've never seen a bigger bunch of stuck up egomaniacs than you lot.

jtb

Banned
You can beat Barcelona by playing them; the only problem is you also risk outright humiliation. You really need the right set of players though. Portugal played Spain at the Euros and did very well, Inter played Barcelona at the San Siro and won. It can be done, but you need like three really strong, capable central midfielders, who can put in a tackle but also release players very quickly.

rvy

Banned
You guys saying "typical boring Barca" surely you have to see the boringness is shared between both teams.

Would it be this boring if Milan didn't have 10 players in the box? Nope, but it's understandable that they do it because they have to.

They could try to keep possession in Barca's midfield, but I understand why they don't.

feel

Just noticed in that ball boy ronaldo gif that he signals the stewards to fucking relax and not tackle the kid.

I'm sure plenty of people have figured that you need to play Barca's game to beat them, they just don't have the balls to do it because Barca is so talented.
In-form Porto to show the world the way. Not even kidding.

arkon

Yeah. I don't get this milan cowards nonsense either. Needs must

deroli

What the fuck are you doing, Galatasaray? That has to be one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen in the CL. They are lucky to have only conceaded one goal. So much space for Schalke, so much chaos in their own box. No way Galatasaray will advance if they keep defending like that.

rvy

Banned
In-form Porto to show the world the way. Not even kidding.

No, I know you're not. Both Portuguese teams have done fairly well against Barca, but it's just because we're insane. That being said, I'd like to see Porto vs Barca in CL just to witness some shitstorms in this thread.

Celtic played like 'cowards'... and beat Barcelona. There is no cowardice in football, only playing the way that makes sense for the personnel you have and the personnel the opposition have. Y'all have rotted your footballing brains watching Arsenal and Newcastle bash out 7-3 scorelines and can't appreciate someone like Ambrosini doing his fucking job.

You could move the ball at bit quicker and take a few more risks to be fair though. It's this probing passing like you did too much against Chelsea. It's very hard to open up gaps that way against a team that is so committed to their shape and just refuses to come out of their half when you have the ball.

Noirulus

You can beat Barcelona by playing them; the only problem is you also risk outright humiliation. You really need the right set of players though. Portugal played Spain at the Euros and did very well, Inter played Barcelona at the San Siro and won. It can be done, but you need like three really strong, capable central midfielders, who can put in a tackle but also release players very quickly.

Portugal did really well against Spain. Real Madrid also do very well against Barcelona these days because we put a lot of pressure on their mid-fielders and try to dictate the tempo of the game.

Problem is, you need very tactically aware, athletic players who don't lose even a moment of focus.

FootballFan

lol at the Barca/Milan hate. I see two great teams at full tilt pressing each other trying to turn a sliver of a chance into something special. I dont find it a snooze fest at all.

When Barca score 5 goals "lol shit defence, when will teams learn how to play against them"

when teams use the right tactics "lol fucking boring match, typical Barca"

Don't really know what they want.

Barca are trying to score and break through with possession, Milan are holding back and trying to score on the counter.

Nothing wrong with either tactic. Yeah it can be boring but no one is forcing anyone to watch.

keit4

Banned
This match is boring not only because Milan is playing with 11 men in the box, but also because the Barça is the worst Barça of the season. The players look very tired.

The best competition performance against Spain was Italy in the group stages of the last Euros (not the final, where they limped in with injuries and less rest and limped out with 10 men). Also one of the most enthralling games of the tournament.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This whole '[insert team against Barca] is parking the bus' must fucking stop. They aren't! What the fuck are they supposed to do when you have the ball and you're passing it side to side for 10 minutes straight? Barcelona are pinning them back.

Linius

I really fucking hope you have to chase away another milanese team with sprinklers this year. I've never seen a bigger bunch of stuck up egomaniacs than you lot.

1W5B1Eq.png

arkon

Celtic played like 'cowards'... and beat Barcelona. There is no cowardice in football, only playing the way that makes sense for the personnel you have and the personnel the opposition have. Y'all have rotted your footballing brains watching Arsenal and Newcastle bash out 7-3 scorelines and can't appreciate someone like Ambrosini doing his fucking job.

Well said.

G-Unit

bring it!, we are not afraid of facing anyone, i rather lose with dignity that make a travesty game. Defensive tactics are ok in my radar, but this is over 9000 defensive tactic, more nfl than anything. Nope, I dislike it. Valid but horrible

This whole '[insert team against Barca] is parking the bus' must fucking stop. They aren't! What the fuck are they supposed to do when you have the ball and you're passing it side to side for 10 minutes straight? Barcelona are pinning them back.

They don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom