• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
What a fucking disgrace Sony are with the Vita.

They've shown 3 games on the live stream. All Monster Hunter clones. Fuck...my...life.
I love Sony hardware and products but I hate it when they do this. They also have such fantastic first party what's going on? How about a proper GT portable? That would be fantastic!

dc89

And now they're talking about UMD Passport. If you don't know what that is let me help you

"We have no games. No one wants to make games for this beautiful device that we've turned into a heap of shite. Please enjoy your old games."

Lightning

Banned
And now they're talking about UMD Passport. If you don't know what that is let me help you

"We have no games. No one wants to make games for this beautiful device that we've turned into a heap of shite. Please enjoy your old games."
You're depressing me man!

pappe

messideal.gif
Come at Me Bro!

dc89

You're depressing me man!

That was so infuriating. Let me just say, I understand that was a presser tailored for Japan, obviously.

But still:

5 Monster Hunter clones. - if you want monster hunter you go buy a 3DS or WiiU. No amount of clones will persuade the MH fans to buy your system.

FFX HD - "sorry for the 2 month delay." Actually, it's been 18 months you fucking ass hat and then you say "the game announcement Is coming soon". WTF?! What the fuck have they done with the past two years?

Here's the games they announced (actually announced is the wrong word as everyone knew about these games. NO NEW GAMES WERE ANNOUNCED TODAY.)

Phantasy Star Online 2 (also on PC)
Toukiden (also on PSP)
Soul Sacrifice (exclusive!)
Valhalla Knights 3 (also on Wii)
Gundam Breaker (also on PS3)
God Eater 2 (also on PSP) - no date
Sen no Kiseki (also on PS3) - no date
Dragon's Crown (also on PS3) - no date
Final Fantasy X HD (also on PS3) - no date

As someone who bought this thing on launch I'm pissed. I'm pissed that they don't get it :lol
They have until e3 to show me new games or I'm gonna sell it. I don't need a PS1 emulator, I've got a PSP Go for that with arguably better controls for some games as I don't have to wrestle with a dumb touch panel.

Seriously. Only Sony could screw this up so bad.

Anyone nervous for Wednesday?

Lightning

Banned
That was so infuriating. Let me just say, I understand that was a presser tailored for Japan, obviously.

But still:

5 Monster Hunter clones. - if you want monster hunter you go buy a 3DS or WiiU. No amount of clones will persuade the MH fans to buy your system.

FFX HD - "sorry for the 2 month delay." Actually, it's been 18 months you fucking ass hat and then you say "the game announcement Is coming soon". WTF?! What the fuck have they done with the past two years?

Here's the games they announced (actually announced is the wrong word as everyone knew about these games. NO NEW GAMES WERE ANNOUNCED TODAY.)

Toukiden (also on PSP)

As someone who bought this thing on launch I'm pissed. I'm pissed that they don't get it :lol
They have until e3 to show me new games or I'm gonna sell it. I don't need a PS1 emulator, I've got a PSP Go for that with arguably better controls for some games as I don't have to wrestle with a dumb touch panel.

Was Final Fantasy X shown? I assumed they canceled it once KH HD was announced since they talk about the KH game.

I never purchased one at launch but I wouldn't sell it if I were you. Sony will support it, no doubt about that. The games will come, just as they did for the ps3 when it was struggling. Sony's Japan support has sucked for a while now and they won't announce western orientated games at a conference tailored for the Japanese audience. It's just I can't see the Japan gamers being overly impressed with that showing.

choodi

Banned
Sony clearly don't get the portable market.

What we don't want:
  • Ports of home console games

What we get from Sony:
  • Ports of home console games

The Vita was seriously on my list of "to buy" systems this gen, but if they expect me to buy one based on being able to play the same games as my PS3, then I am not going to buy one.

Noirulus

Sony really dropped the ball with the Vita. Such a shame considering the hardware is sleek and powerful..

I wish they scrapped all the touch crap and just made it a powerful device like the PSP and priced it at $150.

Kyoufu

What a fucking disgrace Sony are with the Vita.

They've shown 3 games on the live stream. All Monster Hunter clones. Fuck...my...life.

Edit: and a Gundam Skylander kinda game with elements of MH. And now God Eater 2...more MH. It's either games that aren't coming to the west. Or Monster Hunter clones. So much hunting.

:lol

How dare they give the Japanese audience games they might like!

dc89

:lol

How dare they give the Japanese audience games they might like!

e5xgraq2b9ffm.gif

20jtbrt.jpg

Get in the thread and say that to the other Vita owners who feel pissed off. Even Fady, yes Fady K is pissed off with the lack of stuff on Vita. What have we got to look forward to this year, let me go see.

Kyoufu

Well too bad for Fady. A Japanese event aimed at promoting games for a Japanese audience. Cry me a river please. :)

It's like complaining that E3 is all full of shooters.

dc89

Well too bad for Fady. A Japanese event aimed at promoting games for a Japanese audience. Cry me a river please. :)

It's like complaining that E3 is all full of shooters.

I know it was tailored for Japan, I said it myself. But does Japan really like 5 MH clones?! Is that all Japanese gaming is about these days? You could say, is Western gaming just about CoD clones but my collection of games says otherwise.

Here is what I have to look forward to on Vita this year.

WoAffsj.png

Persona 4 - never played a Persona game but it does look kinda cool.
Tearaway - looks to be something really cool, unique and tailored for the Vita hardware, pretty excited about it.

Lightning

Banned
Persona 4 - never played a Persona game but it does look kinda cool.
Tearaway - looks to be something really cool, unique and tailored for the Vita hardware, pretty excited about it.
Persona rocks in general. And dude it's only February plenty of time for announcements to come. Relax man.

Lightning

Banned
So do you have the same attitude towards the Wii U?
I don't give a monkeys poo about the Wii U. I will buy one when its cheap and Nintendo have released all their best games. I don't buy Nintendo systems early as I only buy Nintendo developed games on Nintendo systems and only their major releases. Mario Galaxy, Zelda etc so with Nintendo I always own very few games and always a few years, 2 or 3, into the life of the system.

But still:

Toukiden (also on PSP)

I get why you're pissed, but as you said it was a Japanese tailored thing. Also, SCEJ have been nearly useless since the beginning of the current home console generation. I get the feeling they're poorly run and allowed to just do what they want (see development of The Last Guardian and GT5)

I friggin' love my Vita, but I don't think Sony are going to be saving it anytime soon. The event on Wednesday, im expecting crossplay with PS4, i'd say the retailer event is where we are more likely to get some Vita news (price cut) but even then im not expectant. I've been saying this for a while now because its the only thing I can think of: Sony released it when they did as a soft launch because it will work with the PS4 in lots of ways. Im hoping it can be fully used as a controller (LBP2 stuff) and much more interaction with more YOPO games.

There was someone in Vita GAF saying Rayman Legends and Rainbow 6 Patriots were both due for the Vita. And what is actually announced for later this year? GTA, Splinter Cell, the games out Q1/Q2 were probably too late in development for Sony to go "hey guyz make a Vita version" so I would expect things to pick up later in the year. Sony went through a time with the PSP with getting third parties to do day and date PSP versions, think Sony is going to try and push that for later in the year.

Sony as a company would probably find it cheaper now to make this thing a success than to see it fail. I do think a lot of the central issues Sony have are that SCEJ are (or were) the main decision makers at Sony for their playstation division, and they've been irrelevant for so long that its now affecting company performance.

Arnie

It's annoying that people expect more from Sony. The Vita was doomed for failure on announcement, I could've told you that without any hesitation, but here we are and people are still getting pissy that it's a heap of shit.

What did you expect? When they announced an expensive, state of the art portable PS3 did anyone think, "oh this will sell well, developers will queue up to make games for this"?

Because if you did you're incredibly naive.

Kyoufu

It's annoying that people expect more from Sony. The Vita was doomed for failure on announcement, I could've told you that without any hesitation, but here we are and people are still getting pissy that it's a heap of shit.

What did you expect? When they announced an expensive, state of the art portable PS3 did anyone think, "oh this will sell well, developers will queue up to make games for this"?

Because if you did you're incredibly naive.

I thought it would do ok as long as it had Monster Hunter to drive sales (and in turn, 3rd party interest).

Then Nintendo announced Monster Hunter exclusivity for 3DS.

And Vita croaked.

Arnie

I thought it would do ok as long as it had Monster Hunter to drive sales (and in turn, 3rd party interest).

Then Nintendo announced Monster Hunter exclusivity for 3DS.

And Vita croaked.
That the fate of a worldwide system can be determined by a single, region centric property tells you everything you need to know about the Vita's business plan.

Berlusconi:
We must man-mark Messi and play with two strikers. I'll speak with Allegri about this.
It's great when the president decides the line-up because he's the president of the club. It's not like we have a manager for this kind of stuff.

I just can't stand him anymore. Between Milan and the elections, it's just too much.

GorillaJu

I wonder why it is that so many people are invested in the idea of Vita being a failure?

I love mine. "A heap of shit" do me a favor, Arnold.

I've never thought it'd be a success for Sony but it's exactly what I wanted it to be except that I wish it had more games I was interested in. Rayman Legends will be good. Some of the recent releases have been very good and I'll get DOA5+ since I never got the original and I generally buy every fighting game.

Kyoufu

PSG lost to Sochaux haha

Timerda are you ok?

Carlo #Ancelotti last night revealed that Mamadou #Sakho turned down the chance to to Captain #PSG for their match with #Sochaux.

TIMERDA POST IF YOU'RE OK! LOL

Sakho to Newcastle pls.

I wonder why it is that so many people are invested in the idea of Vita being a failure?

I love mine. "A heap of shit" do me a favor, Arnold.

I've never thought it'd be a success for Sony but it's exactly what I wanted it to be except that I wish it had more games I was interested in. Rayman Legends will be good. Some of the recent releases have been very good and I'll get DOA5+ since I never got the original and I generally buy every fighting game.

Arnie only buys systems that sell over 75 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom