• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
It's Jovetic's job to help whatever team he plays for to win honours, despite their recent drought he's got a far greater chance of doing that at Arsenal than he has in Fiorentina. Obviously he's got an even greater chance of doing that at Juventus, but as I say, perhaps he's looking for a fresh start rather than a new Serie A club.

If Jovetic does go to Arsenal, here's what's gonna happen:

• Early brilliance, Arsenal fans going insane over his quality;
  • Matures and gets even better;
  • Realizes the club isn't gonna win shit in forever;
  • Leaves for United, City or Chelsea;
  • Arsenal fans on suicide watch;

Jovetic isn't the answer to Arsenal's problems. Spending money wisely and on older players is. Wenger and his young boys fetish isn't funny anymore. And ditch Gervinho.

Hixx

Does anyone know of something similar to the Guardian chalkboards? They stopped doing them iirc but they were fantastic.

Salazar

Time for some relatively low-risk Nani and Ando minutes.

------------DeGOD
Jones---Evans--Smalling--Evra
--------Clev-------Ando
------------Kagawa
Valencia---Chicha/RVP/Waz---Nani

rvy

Banned
He's a "saint" for us.

Good to hear.

Jon Murphy ‏@JonMurphy_PES

Off to LA for more on the new engine. Wish I could say more, but will post info as soon as I can #pes

Fuck off, Jon. You keep lying to me every year. I'll wreck your shit one of these days. If FOX Engine doesn't save this franchise, nothing will.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why are they complaining about the story in Rising's OT? Who gives a shit. It's MGS (lol) and it's a hack and slash game. If you don't like the story, I'm sure the answer is still nano machines.

rvy

Banned
Why are they complaining about the story in Rising's OT? Who gives a shit. It's MGS (lol) and it's a hack and slash game. If you don't like the story, I'm sure the answer is still nano machines.

Because MGS fans. That says it all, really. They think the games have good storylines, what else can I say?

metal-gear-solid-4-outer-haven.jpg

Just reading about that. Had no idea Gazprom were so politically powerful. It's almost frightening.
Theyve had an awful year. On the wane.

As you say though, politically fearsome.

The really scary thing is that as big as Gazprom are, ExonMobil are 4x as valuable. These energy firms are beasts.

Clegg

I simply think Arsenal wouldn't spend the money required to sign a player of Jovetic's calibre. Wenger doesn't sign a player for £30m.He'd much rather go for 2 or 3 players that cost £30m cumulatively.

rvy

Banned
I simply think Arsenal wouldn't spend the money required to sign a player of Jovetic's calibre. Wenger doesn't sign a player for £30m.He'd much rather go for 2 or 3 players that cost £30m cumulatively.

He's demented. He has to be.

rvy

Banned
I'd pay for a football version of ESPN First Take. Hosted by Piers Morgan, Gary Neville and Tony Evans as commentators.

L1NETT

Wenger has bid large sums for high calibre players in the past, but due to the petro clubs he simply gets outbid on them.

See Juan Mata and Eden Hazard for recent examples.

But he is also believes in his mantra of buying cheaply and turning them into world class players. So it is a difficult balance.

Salazar

Just for show wasn't it?

Arsenal just won't sign those kind of players for massive money. And then they'd have to sell a few players to balance the books.

The apparent brief to journalists that CL qualification/not qualification won't influence Wenger's summer kitty is laughable.

Wenger has bid large sums for high calibre players in the past, but due to the petro clubs he simply gets outbid on them.

But he is also believes in his mantra of buying cheaply and turning them into world class players. So it is a difficult balance.
He could have had Mata that summer if Arsenal weren't so slow about it.

Arsenal could have had Mata for £6m less than we paid for him but wanted to haggle on the transfer fee afaik when he had a release clause of around £18m, maybe slightly higher. Valencia said no, he signed a new deal and we came in with an offer for him (£24m in the end I believe)

The state of Arsenal squad these days has nothing to do with being outbid and everything to do with Wenger or the board whoeever not being prepared to pony up the £££. His wages aren't even particularly high either I don't think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom