• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
lool

Telegraph: Arsene's transfer targets

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...sfer-targets-for-summer-2012-in-pictures.html

Villa
Benteke
Valdes loool
Wanyama
Reina loooooooool
El-Shaarawy - lmao
Jovetic - aka Lightning's one true love
Capoue
N'Koulou
Rode

We are also told that he will have 70m coins to scatter across continental Europe's weaker leagues, irrespective of whether or not Arsenal scrape into CL

If they don't get CL next year I doubt any of these players even want to leave their club.

Salazar

Who wrote this nonsense?

I think those kinds of transfer pseudo-articles generate themselves, to be honest. No human input.

tumblr_m832gxqacp1r1r0lot8.gif

Kyoufu

English tabloids have no clue on anything regarding transfers from foreign leagues.

Your best bet is to follow foreign journalists/news outlets.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mbp0r06jbA1r5308ho1_1280.jpg

Happy birthday Baggioby. <3
The Juventus squad have been given two days off by boss Antonio Conte

ABOUT TIME

Drogba will score the winning penalty for Gala against Bayern in the CL final.

Fry date rapes Damien Lewis and shoots both himself and his captive through the head with the same bullet.

Blaburn is admitted to a hospital for the criminally insane after ripping his own flesh off and arranging it into a mosaic resembling Jurgen Klopp's face

Elsk calls all English people assholes for ever letting Drogba enter their country

Spidye blames Gomez and petrol bombs large swathes of the Allianz

Fuenf sighs and finishes his beer

Your finest work.
KuGsj.gif

There's supposed to be a top secret meeting in Moscow today between Russian and Ukranian clubs to discuss the idea of a combined league. Could be interesting, too bad Ukraine only has 4 decent teams though.

Arnie

Can somebody explain to me why Jovetic isn't a realistic target for Arsenal? It's a great career move for him coming from Fiorentina. Obviously, Juventus would be a better option, but at this point I find the idea of Juventus spending big money on a striker wholly implausible (saying that, it's a similar story with Arsenal).

No way Milan would sell El Shaa though, especially now they've completed the trifecta up front. Can't wait to see that front three blossom for them over the coming few years.

Really interesting article by Marcotti in today's Times, talking about Gazprom's push for a soviet superleague, and how Fifa and Uefa are almost powerless to stop it. I was like 'looooool who givs a shiiit'.
There's supposed to be a top secret meeting in Moscow today between Russian and Ukranian clubs to discuss the idea of a combined league. Could be interesting, too bad Ukraine only has 4 decent teams though.

Just reading about that. Had no idea Gazprom were so politically powerful. It's almost frightening.

rvy

Banned
I'm liking Metal Gear Rising so far. It's no Ninja Gaiden/DMC 3, but it's still quite fun.

But... it's not Friday yet, how do you have it?!

FUCK THIS SHIT!

Can somebody explain to me why Jovetic isn't a realistic target for Arsenal? It's a great career move for him coming from Fiorentina. Obviously, Juventus would be a better option, but at this point I find the idea of Juventus spending big money on a striker wholly implausible (saying that, it's a similar story with Arsenal).

Who the fuck wants to play for Arsenal these days, seriously?

GorillaJu

I'm liking Metal Gear Rising so far. It's no Ninja Gaiden/DMC 3, but it's still quite fun.

NOT ON HIS BIRTHDAY THELUCIFER

I'm glad you didn't post his Fiorentina - Juve video

Nice! Can't wait for MGR. Looks really good to me.

:(

Fucking SEGA and their shit ports.

I played Bayo on PS3 and never felt like performance hindered my enjoyment but I have a pretty high tolerance for wonky frame rates. Probably comes from all those years of SNES and not many on the PC

dc89

Watching GT's bonus round with Dorito Pope, Brian Crecente and Stephen Totilo. They mentioned Polygon and Mr Pope said "Polygon isn't a blog" Crecente said "No, Polygon is an experience."

It's just a website.

sohois

No way Milan would sell El Shaa though, especially now they've completed the trifecta up front. Can't wait to see that front three blossom for them over the coming few years.

Really interesting article by Marcotti in today's Times, talking about Gazprom's push for a soviet superleague, and how Fifa and Uefa are almost powerless to stop it. I was like 'looooool who givs a shiiit'.

Just reading about that. Had no idea Gazprom were so politically powerful. It's almost frightening.

Because it seems quite likely that Arsenal won't be in the CL next season. Now, top players can move to non-CL teams, your avatar being a prime example, but with Jovetic it seems quite likely that other teams will be in for him in the summer. Furthermore, Arsenal's reticence to spend money or hand out high wages will hinder them if it comes to competition for his signature.

Arnie

Who the fuck wants to play for Arsenal these days, seriously?
Hundreds of players.

They're preparing for a Champions League knockout clash with Bayern Munich in their own 60,000 seater stadium; why wouldn't Jovetic want to move there from Fiorentina (don't mean that as a dig to Viola, just that Arsenal are a clear step up)?
Gazprom accounts for about 8% of Russia's GDP.

fuck me
Because it seems quite likely that Arsenal won't be in the CL next season. Now, top players can move to non-CL teams, your avatar being a prime example, but with Jovetic it seems quite likely that other teams will be in for him in the summer. Furthermore, Arsenal's reticence to spend money or hand out high wages will hinder them if it comes to competition for his signature.

Write off Arsenal at your peril, I've done it many times before and been made to look incredibly foolish.

I also find the idea that players are sat at home crossing out teams based on current league performance to be absurd. Whether they qualify for the Champions League this season or not (and they're very much in the race), Arsenal are still Arsenal.

Perhaps Jovetic is looking for a challenge outside of Serie A?

rvy

Banned
Hundreds of players.

They're preparing for a Champions League knockout clash with Bayern Munich in their own 60,000 seater stadium; why wouldn't Jovetic want to move their from Fiorentina (don't mean that as a dig to Viola, just that Arsenal are a clear step up)?

Fiore and Arsenal win the same exact thing. If he wants to move, he should move somewhere where he can actually win something. Can't wait to see Yurt change is avatar.

NOT ON HIS BIRTHDAY THELUCIFER

I'm glad you didn't post his Fiorentina - Juve video

It's not my fault, when I hear somebody say his name I can only think about that game :(

Then I also remember this (Four years later, he decides to kick his first penalty since then iirc, and scores. It was a weird moment, everything was so quiet around the house, nobody dared to say a thing, almost like with Grosso's final penalty in 2006.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hceRv4ScjcM

and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfEmiDOcNA

Arnie

Fiore and Arsenal win the same exact thing. If he wants to move, he should move somewhere where he can actually win something. Can't wait to see Yurt change is avatar.

It's Jovetic's job to help whatever team he plays for to win honours, despite their recent drought he's got a far greater chance of doing that at Arsenal than he has in Fiorentina. Obviously he's got an even greater chance of doing that at Juventus, but as I say, perhaps he's looking for a fresh start rather than a new Serie A club.

Watching GT's bonus round with Dorito Pope, Brian Crecente and Stephen Totilo. They mentioned Polygon and Mr Pope said "Polygon isn't a blog" Crecente said "No, Polygon is an experience."

It's just a website.

It's truly amazing that they managed to be that pretentious about a fucking video game site, even more amazing is some people buying into it. Can't wait for a bunch of overpaid idiots talking about GAF on gametrailers.

Hixx

RIP SBR

-

Forget Crysis 3 and Metal Gear. Urban Trials is out on Vita this week. It looks exactly like Trials Evo. Which makes me hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom