• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Arsene created Arsenal's strict wage structure and has the money to spend on big transfers if he so wished. He has not done so and I have no reason to believe he would do so even with oil money.
There would be a greater accountability meaning it would result in Wenger going. Wenger is not a manager for the top flight of today where you need to pay the money. He wants to look at a players talent and decide what their worth and that's all he wants to pay but the market doesn't work like that.

For a club of our worth, size and stature and 16mil is our record transfer fee? It's just crazy when you think about it.

Salvadora

The Telegraph article mentions that he under no pressure to sell. And this, which seems much more depressing two years on.
Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith, who sold her Arsenal stake to Kroenke in 2011, accused him of “having no passion” for Arsenal, suggesting he is just a financial investor.

The Telegraph article mentions that he under no pressure to sell. And this, which seems much more depressing two years on.

To be fair Lady Nina is a decent Arsenal fan, but she really doesn't have the right to criticise Kroenke after herself selling.

Article points to cheaper tickets at the Emirates too...yes!!!! Let's welcome our new ME overlords!

Oh that's no surprise in all honesty, the story is pretty much at the bottom of the list of reasons why I love this game. And hate it at the same time.

I don't understand the overanalysis of the story from some people, or where they're even getting the details from with which to fill in the blanks

My character looks fucking awesome btw :p

Salvadora

To be fair Lady Nina is a decent Arsenal fan, but she really doesn't have the right to criticise Kroenke after herself selling.

Article points to cheaper tickets at the Emirates too...yes!!!! Let's welcome our new ME overlords!

She had a significant amount of shares too, 15.9%. I wonder how things would be different under Usmanov.

She had a significant amount of shares too, 15.9%. I wonder how things would be different under Usmanov.

Usmanov loves the club. Ignoring his questionable past I'd like him on the board, as the article points out he's unlikely to sell and is not a shareholder for the profit. Don't want us turning into a billionaire's plaything like Chelski, but with a consortium that's unlikely to happen.

Garjon

I don't understand the overanalysis of the story from some people, or where they're even getting the details from with which to fill in the blanks

My character looks fucking awesome btw :p

I feel like I'm cheating on my current playthrough, I took a tip to fully upgrade the Halberd and now I'm utterly destroying everything in my path.

Usmanov loves the club. Ignoring his questionable past I'd like him on the board, as the article points out he's unlikely to sell and is not a shareholder for the profit. Don't want us turning into a billionaire's plaything like Chelski, but with a consortium that's unlikely to happen.

Lol, his "questionable" past would make even Abramovich blush.

Salvadora

Usmanov spent 6 years in a Soviet prison. He makes Roman look like a boy.

Lightning

Banned
Sorry mate but Usmanov can piss off. I would be ashamed to be an Arsenal fan if he was in charge or making the decisions.

IceCold

lol

yPWSoAY.jpg

Salvadora

Very shady indeed..
"He's certainly not an open book," said the club's chairman, Peter Hill-Wood. "Business is murky in Uzbekistan, and that in itself is an argument against him being involved in Arsenal. I wouldn't want him to be the owner of the club."
Usmanov was jailed for eight years, and released two years early in March 1986 after expressing his "sincere repentance". This, he says, was "common judicial practice in the USSR".
"imprisoned for various offences under the old Soviet regime", they wrote. "Our client did not commit any of the offences of which he was charged. Our client was fully pardoned after President Mikhail Gorbachev took office. All references to these matters have now been expunged from police records."
he denied reports in the Moscow press that he had once been convicted of rape, dismissed a Euro MP's insinuation that he was involved in the death of a journalist in Moscow earlier this year, and wrote candidly about his relationship with an alleged drug trafficker and his close contacts with former members of the KGB.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/nov/19/football.russia

Salvadora

I still feel a bit guilty over Arshavin. He could have been so much more for Arsenal if he was played in the correct position.

How was that for a career move for your boy?

Pretty damn terrible and not just because he was mismanaged by Wenger. He should have gone to Spain or Italy because like other Russian failures in the EPL( Pavlyuchenko, Bilyaletdinov, Zhirkov) he isn't suited to the English game. Russians are just too lazy.

Timurid

Only one bad game? lol. Oh yeah. Lyon win their game and they'll be level. One club has limitless money, the other club has none and only one bad game? Hahahahaha

Lyon will probably choke like they usually do.

Ancelotti is doing a good job so far. Beating our rivals in back to back games and not conceding too.

Salvadora

Pretty damn terrible and not just because he was mismanaged by Wenger. He should have gone to Spain or Italy because like other Russian failures in the EPL( Pavlyuchenko, Bilyaletdinov, Zhirkov) he isn't suited to the English game. Russians are just too lazy.
I would have really liked to have saw him go somewhere he would get regular playtime instead of the way Wenger treats him. It's not really right for a player of his calibre to waste away on our bench.
Never forget

Linius

Looking at the Ligue 1 statistics I notice that these seven consecutive titles are the only titles Lyon won in their entire history. Where the hell did that came from all of a sudden? :lol

That was utter domination.

Didn't they beat Madrid 3 or 4 times in a row in the cl or something like that?

Yeah, mostly in the 1/8 and 1/4 finals they met Madrid :p

Catalonia is the region/province where Barcelona is in.

Visca is long live in Catalan.

The title is long live Cuntalonia

It's translates to: long live Barca, Visca el Barca!

Adeu! That's as far as my Catalan goes.

To add to that "Visca Catalunya" is often used as a self-determination or emphatize the nation indentity of Catalonia, which is something Barça, the institution, often correlates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom