• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell. I was brushing my teeth and suddenly the water in my toilet just start bobbling like it was boiling or something for a good half minutes time, maybe there's some poor guy stuck in the drain drowning.

I'm scared my toilet is going to explode.

feel

This afer dark session gave me an idea for a new title.

Football Thread |OT15| Bouncing harder than Willb's juice off Freewheelin's forehead only Barça's recent checks.

might be too long and gross

Linius

Well, the total amount of bands that are playing there are 350 artists/bands.... but again 350 x 0 = 0

:(

I bet a lot of those names get more attention in the UK right? Because a festival with these names over here wouldn't sell. I'm quite well informed when it comes to new bands but I only know a few of these names :p

Mac DeMarco and Unknown Mortal Orchestra from that line-up are definitly worth it to check it out.

LTWheels

A supposed £1.5bn bid for Ansenal from another middle eastern consortium in the next few weeks.

Getting ridiculous now. Don't want another City and Chelsea in the league.

I bet a lot of those names get more attention in the UK right? Because a festival with these names over here wouldn't sell. I'm quite well informed when it comes to new bands but I only know a few of these names :p

Mac DeMarco and Unknown Mortal Orchestra from that line-up are definitly worth it to check it out.

If this are who I think they are, then yes they are very much worth checking out,

faridmon

Wel, Blood Red Shoes, Miyagi and Fujiya and Editors play there regulatory and the bigger ones, the announce at later date. Last year was fantastic in terms of line-up.

Also, they recently announced that Bastiile is gonna play there as well.

Randdalf

A supposed £1.5bn bid for Ansenal from another middle eastern consortium in the next few weeks.

Getting ridiculous now. Don't want another City and Chelsea in the league.

They're already 30%+ owned by that Uzbek bloke aren't they? I wonder if he will sell his shares.

arkon

What the hell. I was brushing my teeth and suddenly the water in my toilet just start bobbling like it was boiling or something for a good half minutes time, maybe there's some poor guy stuck in the drain drowning.

Sounds like Wilbury is going to a whole new level for the next gif.

Linius

Wel, Blood Red Shoes, Miyagi and Fujiya and Editors play there regulatory and the bigger ones, the announce at later date. Last year was fantastic in terms of line-up.

So I see, lots of nice bands last year. They already had Palma Violets last year, that's six months before the even released their first album. That's NEW music :p

Read a quote that says "the Britisch answer to SXSW", think that cuts it really well.

Randdalf

Usmanov wanted to launch a takeover bid iirc so I think he may not want to sell. I want Kroenke gone yesterday.

Wouldn't having a sugar daddy take over, one which wishes to invest large amounts of money, be kind of ironic and hypocritical given that Wenger and Arsenal have previously criticised other clubs for, amongst other things, "financial doping"? You also have to question whether Wenger would want to be beholden to the will of the chairman and potentially a director of football. What it does mean though, should the takeover happen, is that there's more chance that Mourinho will go to Arsenal.

faridmon

So I see, lots of nice bands last year. They already had Palma Violets last year, that's six months before the even released their first album. That's NEW music :p

Read a quote that says "the Britisch answer to SXSW", think that cuts it really well.

Yeah, Also, if nothing else, its gonna be my first big festival, so its an experience :p
You are more than welcome to join
Now I need to befriend someone who is from Brighton so I could crash at his/her place.

faridmon

Also, LCD Soundsystem are still so fricking good
My millionth time I am listening to This is Happening and its feels as fresh and amazing as my first listen.

Salvadora

Wouldn't having a sugar daddy take over, one which wishes to invest large amounts of money, be kind of ironic and hypocritical given that Wenger and Arsenal have previously criticised other clubs for, amongst other things, "financial doping"? You also have to question whether Wenger would want to be beholden to the will of the chairman and potentially a director of football. What it does mean though, should the takeover happen, is that there's more chance that Mourinho will go to Arsenal.
There would be nothing he could do if Kroenke wanted to sell. I agree that it would be completely hypocritical for Arsenal to become that type of club considering Wenger's years of rhetoric. I think Arsene would go if that happened, and rather quickly at that.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal don't need oil money. Just to spend the money that's already there. (and probably a new manager...)

Also, LCD Soundsystem are still so fricking good
My millionth time I am listening to This is Happening and its feels as fresh and amazing as my first listen.

I fucking love LCD Soundsystem. Listening to Sound of Silver atm, in fact.

Linius

Yeah, Also, if nothing else, its gonna be my first big festival, so its an experience :p
You are more than welcome to join
Now I need to befriend someone who is from Brighton so I could crash at his/her place.

Visiting a festival in England is on the 'to do' list. But for now I'll have to put up with limited resources. My biggest goal is attending Primavera next year, that just have to happen. For me the festival with the best line-up in Europe. But I can't complain really, going to five three/four day festivals this year. The first one up is next week, Where the Wild Things Are.

Time table.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your first festival, it's really an awesome experience. Though the weather might crash your party, but still :p

Lightning

Banned
You'd probably win something.
What use is that when it's achieved because of wealth instead of talent? Money has made Mancini look good. We should all inspire to win trophies but it needs to be done in the correct way. Another sugar daddy in the PL would be bad for everyone but for Arsenal especially. Our club and board has a lot of heritage behind it and if we wanted this route we could have taken it years ago.

Arsenal should be applauded for how we go about things. Instead we are insulted and belittled by morons who think trophies no matter how they're achieved are the end to end all.

Arsenal don't need oil money. Just to spend the money that's already there. (and probably a new manager...
Exactly this. We have enough money and enough income but we also have Wenger who believes that motivating average players and offering them chance after chance will bring success.

Salvadora

Arsenal don't need oil money. Just to spend the money that's already there. (and probably a new manager...)
Exactly. Most of the problems that are plaguing Arsenal at the moment are due to Wenger if you believe some of the things that have been said.

faridmon

Visiting a festival in England is on the 'to do' list. But for now I'll have to put up with limited resources. My biggest goal is attending Primavera next year, that just have to happen. For me the festival with the best line-up in Europe. But I can't complain really, going to five three/four day festivals this year. The first one up is next week, Where the Wild Things Are.

Time table.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your first festival, it's really an awesome experience. Though the weather might crash your party, but still :p

That is an amazing line-up: San Sisco, Meloody Echo Chamber, Of Monsters and Men, Fiddlar, St. Pauls and Metz, you are having a laugh mate.

As for me, Yeah I am looking forward to it. I have been to multiple one-day festivals but I have been told it doesn't feel as great as real 3-days one. So yeah, I can't wait for it!

Clegg

Arsenal are "insulted" and "belittled" because their way clearly isn't working. And it will take more than a new manager to fix that.

arkon

People say all sorts of shit that they don't always follow through on. Pardew and homegrown players comes to mind. Hypocritical as fuck, but, you know, needs must.

Linius

That is an amazing line-up: San Sisco, Meloody Echo Chamber, Of Monsters and Men, Fiddlar, St. Pauls and Metz, you are having a laugh mate.

As for me, Yeah I am looking forward to it. I have been to multiple one-day festivals but I have been told it doesn't feel as great as real 3-days one. So yeah, I can't wait for it!

Except for San Sisco and St. Pauls these names were all on my personal 'to see' list for this festival :p

And yeah, the three day festivals always have this special festival mood, and at most festivals you're camping which is pretty awesome. Finding your tent in the middle of the night is a bitch tough :lol

bud

a few weeks ago, my curtain moved out of itself as if someone was walking right past it. the window was closed and so was the vent.

it didn't even freak me out, but i did think, "well, that was weird..."

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Back page of the Sunday Telegraph is running a story that a Middle Eastern consortium are going to bid 1.5bn for Arsenal, if the bid is successful they're going to make transfer funds available, make the club debt free and reduce ticket prices.

Hmm. As long as Kroenke is out, I don't give a damn.

jtb

Banned
The model isn't necessarily the problem. You can run a club responsibly and still move on an upward trajectory; see: Tottenham. Look, the club made a ~20m profit this season. Hmmm, which player was sold for around 20m? I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but why the fuck didn't anyone, whether it's the board or Wenger, tell RVP to sit the fuck down, play out his last year at Arsenal, and, in the end, if he still wants to leave for a fat contract, he can. Everyone wins.

The problem isn't the lack of oil money, the problem is that the board and Wenger are getting pushed around every fucking summer. Either give them the pay raises they ask for or don't let it get to the point where the club is basically publicly humiliated every summer and we're forced to sell our best player. It's ridiculous.

Oh and, Wenger, why don't you fucking buy a defensive midfielder for once. They're not that expensive, I promise.

Salvadora

They are both hypocrites and both like France and league 1.

Arsene created Arsenal's strict wage structure and has the money to spend on big transfers if he so wished. He has not done so and I have no reason to believe he would do so even with oil money.
The model isn't necessarily the problem. You can run a club responsibly and still move on an upward trajectory; see: Tottenham. Look, the club made a ~20m profit this season. Hmmm, which player was sold for around 20m? I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but why the fuck didn't anyone, whether it's the board or Wenger, tell RVP to sit the fuck down, play out his last year at Arsenal, and, in the end, if he still wants to leave for a fat contract, he can. Everyone wins.

The problem isn't the lack of oil money, the problem is that the board and Wenger are getting pushed around every fucking summer. Either give them the pay raises they ask for or don't let it get to the point where the club is basically publicly humiliated every summer and we're forced to sell our best player. It's ridiculous.

Oh and, Wenger, why don't you fucking buy a defensive midfielder for once. They're not that expensive, I promise.

The defensive midfielder doesn't exist in the modern game :(

Tc91

Lmao are you kidding me. This happened to our toilet yesterday, get someone out ASAP to look at your pipes.

Wait until my brother see's this post tomorrow he's gonna lol

Salvadora

Kroenke and co. would be idiotic to sell now, the new TV deal is about to kick in.

He won't be going anywhere.
A world record takeover bid for Arsenal appears to be doomed.

Reports claimed Arsenal will be the subject of a £1.5billion bid from a Middle East consortium within weeks.

The investors are prepared to offer American owner Stan Kroenke £20,000 a share and also want to buy Alisher Usmanov’s stake.

But, although he was unavailable for comment, it is understood Kroenke is not looking to sell up and remains fully committed to Arsenal.

Sources close to Usmanov also insisted he is in it for the long-term as Arsenal’s second largest shareholder and is not interested in cash incentives.

The wealthy American - reckoned to be worth £4 billion by the Forbes rich list - has told the club on several occasions that he is at Arsenal “ for the long haul”.

And his history in dealing with sports franchises shows that he has never been keen to sell any of them that include Denver Nuggets of the NBA, Colorado Rapids of the MLS and Colorado Avalanche of the NHL.

He has said the in the past that he does not want to sell - and the feeling inside The Emirates is that he will resist any temptation to sell to a so-far unnamed Arab consortium backed by funds from Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-arsenal-takeover-bid-set-1740490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom