• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

Real or Bayern will take the CL I think. Real wasn't that good today but I think they will somehow push till the final.

fuenf

iKjbTgzkGjRso.gif

pls jump off the Ronny hype train for a while. ;)

WJD

<3 Rio

Don't know how players keep themselves from fucking volleying refs when they make decisions like that. Reminds me of the RVP red against Barca.

arkon

Team selection was debatable but for large parts it worked. Giggs and Welbeck were good.

I wonder if that signals the end for Nani's United career

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Yeah there's no shame in going out like that (unlike Arsenal). It's just unlucky to draw Madrid as a #1 seed, Dortmund and City screwed you guys over! But don't lose faith, it's not over yet and La Decima can still be prevented.

There's shame in losing to a better club? Fuck off.

Wilbur

Banned
Deserved red in my opinion but only just

Anyone who wanted de Jong sent off has to agree

It's dangerous as fuck

Didn't take his eye off the ball. Had no idea Arbeloa was coming in whatsoever. Not at all. De Jong didn't take his eyes off Alonso.

Lol United crying about the refs...

Fuck off.

Nice kung fu kick from Nani, even worse than De Jong on Xavi Alonso during the WC final.

Fuck off.

That's a clear red. I not sure why you are blaming the ref. Blame nani the cunt.

Fuck off.

Hahahaha.

Deserved red card. You don't flying kick other players and get away with it.

Fuck off.

All you fucking blind idiots. Just fuck off.

Mourinho, you're class.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Could be madrid's year, decisions going their way they have luck on their side and you need luck to win this competition.

qindarka

Banned
The parallels are obvious:

2011/2012
Two English clubs get knocked out in the group stages
One English club gets knocked out in the R16
The last English club wins the CL after being 3-1 down in the first leg and finishing outside the top 4

2012/2013
Two English clubs get knocked out in the group stages
One English club gets knocked out in the R16
The last English club is 3-1 down in the first leg and on track to finish out of the top 4.

What does this tell us about Arsenal's prospects?

So excited to watch that second half play out. Referee ruined a tie that doesn't come around very often. Shame.

Reminds me of the year United got knocked out by Bayern after Rafael's red card, though. We'll come to next season's CL campaign with a mixture of confidence and burning desire.

FuturusX

It's not like the keeper kicked the ball in the net for Madrid. Goals still had to be scored. But yeah, after the sending off the flood gates opened. Cruel but that's football. Unless we replace referees with robots.

That's the deal.

EDIT: Apart from the red, that could really have been a yellow. Ref had a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom