• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

54gr6cjbn.gif

Salty fuck.

Pctx

Banned
GAF, officially checking in as a Man U fan who is now in shock after that loss to Real Madrid a few minutes ago.

Anyways, the fam and I are stopping by London and I wanted to know if there were any good pubs to watch Man U games in downtown London? (I.E. which pub is preferred?) BTW, I've got a 16 month old so the kid will be there as well. If you could PM or respond here that'd be great.

GO RED DEVILS!! :)

fuenf

For what should I get my hopes up? Getting to the quarter finals is amazing and we have Pot 3 for sure next season (lol). And we have another 2 awesome matches.

I'd love to play Bayern at some point. I'm confident we can beat you guys over two legs or on a neutral ground ;)

tbh if Bayern draws Dortmund I'd be scared as hell. I think however has the 2nd leg at home would lose, both teams know eachother far too well. It's only logical that the away-goal rule would screw things over.

Congrats on reaching the quarters, though. Like you said it's an amazing achievement for your club.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I've seen harsher reds given, letter of the law that's a red. Whether there is intent or not its still a red.

Right decision, I'm glad the ref had the balls to do it, most refs wouldn't.
Some people would rather the refs not 'ruin the game' or spoil the entertainment value instead of actually enforcing the rules, which is crazy.

Noirulus

Fuck, even with the replay, where Nani is seen to have kicked Arbeloa on the side, I do not think that's a red card. He was going for the ball. Yes, it was a dangerous choice but he did not deserve to be thrown out of the match.

If I was a United fan, I would be fuming with anger and drowning in both sadness and tears. That call did change the momentum of the game in Madrid's favor, after all.

GAF, officially checking in as a Man U fan who is now in shock after that loss to Real Madrid a few minutes ago.

Anyways, the fam and I are stopping by London and I wanted to know if there were any good pubs to watch Man U games in downtown London? (I.E. which pub is preferred?) BTW, I've got a 16 month old so the kid will be there as well. If you could PM or respond here that'd be great.

Arnie or dc if you comment I will cut you

Nani could easily have tried controlling that ball without blindly lifting his studs to throat-height.

Dangerous play, red card, fuck off, goodnight.

Arnie

Every pub in London is a good Man United pub.

Yen

Roy Keane is a great pundit. Says it as he sees it and doesn't suffer from the same bias nearly every other British pundit does. That being said, it was a very harsh red, though the law may backup the ref here.

Soi-Fong

Well, life continues. Chelsea better prepare for a beat-down. This team isn't happy going into it and we'll be looking for a win.

Now let's be serious.

I'm really sorry for my United fellas, really am.

They were better during 45 minutes and then ref fucked up.

I really wonder how it would have ended if Çakir didn't sent off Nani.

But.. this is football. We'll win this for you.

GLORY, GLORY, MAN UNITED!

bud

i'm going to need to see it again, but it kinda sorta almost looks like rvp was offside when he got the ball just before the 1-0.

but... i'm going to have to see it again to be sure.

kharma45

Now let's be serious.

I'm really sorry for my United fellas, really am.

They were better during 45 minutes and then ref fucked up.

I really wonder how it would have ended if Çakir didn't sent off Nani.

But.. this is football. We'll win this for you.

GLORY, GLORY, MAN UNITED!

I'd imagine it would've went to extra time in the end and Madrid would've nicked it.

Noirulus

You have to be blind or an idiot to not think the red card changed everything. mourinho wouldn't have subbed arbeloa for modric 10 minutes into 2nd half if Utd had 11 players.

For all the shit I gave this game to Mourinho for not training his team to play better under a possession-based style, that was a brilliant substitution. Modric totally fueled Madrid's offense. <3 that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom