• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
dsdsfsfdsfds5vk33.gif

There was a great shot after this of Rio shaking all their hands.

pulga

Banned
So proud of every single man out there. Welbeck and Giggs were outstanding all night. Again I've been proven wrong by Ferguson. Fucking wonderful manager. Three great saves from Lopez, a superb attitude after going a man down and a goal down, still going for the second goal. and I honestly think we deserved to win. And congrats to the Madrid fans here. I haven't read any of the second half posts yet so if there is stupidity I'll comment on it. But for now, congratulations, great team and I hope you win it in all honesty.

But the referee. Fuck the cunt. I said things about him in the Euros. I said things about him last year. He's a fucking cunt coward fuck. Fuck him. Fuck the cunt. I hope Ferguson says something. I hope he's banned by UEFA. I hope the cunt never referees again, the fucking cowardly fucking cunt. Fuck him.

You guys played a great tactical match. If it was a red, it's a really soft red, but Nani should've known better.

Noirulus

I've got a bunch of stuff to say. Hats off to our players. We played like a bunch of dolts for the first 45 minutes, content with moving it up and down the field and showing no creativity or drive to score.

Then United scored, and we retaliated by turning it up to maximum overdrive. Full credit to our Croatian, who became a hero with that first goal, and then Ronaldo cemented our shounen spirit with that second one.

I'm utterly regretful that United fans had to see that red card given to Nani. Your team played with their life on the line, a lot of shots and missed chances. You folks have every right to be both proud of your team and dismayed at the result. Such a quality match, with so much beautiful offense sprinting both ways didn't deserve to be defined by that shocking call.

Final word. Diego Lopez was one of our game changer. He channeled the spirit of Saint Iker and saved the match for us in multiple occasions. I am so happy for his signing.

flippedb

Banned
Madrid won't get far. Today they didn't play better than ManUre, they were just really lucky the attack of ManUre was completely off.

Slizz

In all fairness though, Utd didn't score today. Ramos did.

True, but not like he had possession and just turned around and shot it into his own net. Nani made a great play to wrestle around Varane and Welbeck got the littlest touch to fuck Ramos up.

miserable

It's a shame that a potentially good game was ruined by dodgy refereeing.It feels like we didn't really win.
Anyways, much respect for Ryan Giggs, such a class player.

don't get your hopes up. Dortmund will probably draw Bayern, both teams get like 5 red cards over the two legs and Schalke will Chelsea their way to the title.

For what should I get my hopes up? Getting to the quarter finals is amazing and we have Pot 3 for sure next season (lol). And we have another 2 awesome matches.

I'd love to play Bayern at some point. I'm confident we can beat you guys over two legs or on a neutral ground ;)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You have to be blind or an idiot to not think the red card changed everything. mourinho wouldn't have subbed arbeloa for modric 10 minutes into 2nd half if Utd had 11 players.

Lunchbox

Banned
wouldnt have mind if Madrid actually destroyed us like in 2003. sad it had to end with the referee destroying the game

life goes on, just finish off the league now

Smeghead

I've seen harsher reds given, letter of the law that's a red. Whether there is intent or not its still a red.

Right decision, I'm glad the ref had the balls to do it, most refs wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom