• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Inter want Aaron Lennon?

edgeworth-shrug.gif

Join beckham at psg

There has been a lot of talk about that recently, even before he was benched against Real. I could see it happening.

no

NONONONONO

Tom Carroll was good enough to start away at Lazio, he's good enough to start this one. Livermore should only ever play 10 minutes, he has no game intelligence either on the ball or off it.

Not sure Carroll will start.

Maybe Livermore and Holtby in midfield and rest Parker. I like Livermore, he may not be the best midfielder around but he has been ok this season as a late sub and I don't think Inter are going to do much going forward tonight.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not sure Carroll will start.

Maybe Livermore and Holtby in midfield and rest Parker. I like Livermore, he may not be the best midfielder around but he has been ok this season as a late sub and I don't think Inter are going to do much going forward tonight.

Maybe Holtby in midfield but Livermore is painfully dense. He lets runners go past him, he fouls people all the time, I wouldn't trust him in a game like this. Obviously if he gets the nod then AVB thinks he can cope and I will accept that, but I think the fact that Carroll got on the pitch at West Ham a good 20 minutes before Jake did, shows what the coach thinks of the two players.

Even when Jake came on for 3 minutes against Arsenal, the first thing he did was stamp on Podoslki's foot and give away a free kick in our own half. He's just too naive.

bud23

Both teams have better players.

Joke post? Do you really think that Gomez,Mandzukic, Shaqiri or Pizarro are better than Rooney? Blaburn, Is that you?

Anyway, I think Wayne will stay in England. Most british players fail when they go abroad, and this not gonna change anytime soon. The big european clubs are well aware of that, so I can´t see Bayern, PSG, Madrid or Barcelona making a bid for Rooney. If he decides to leave United (it would be a huge mistake imo) ,City would be a nice move for him .

Rooney is 27. Still young and has many years left. He won't go to Ligue 1 and Frogson won't sell him anyway.

They'd offer him tons of money and fresh grannies delivered to him daily.

Also if he did go in the summer, I can't see united selling him to city, they'd most likely want to sell him abroad like they did with heinze and Liverpool

Maybe Holtby in midfield but Livermore is painfully dense. He lets runners go past him, he fouls people all the time, I wouldn't trust him in a game like this. Obviously if he gets the nod then AVB thinks he can cope and I will accept that, but I think the fact that Carroll got on the pitch at West Ham a good 20 minutes before Jake did, shows what the coach thinks of the two players.

Even when Jake came on for 3 minutes against Arsenal, the first thing he did was stamp on Podoslki's foot and give away a free kick in our own half. He's just too naive.

I think Carroll was brought on at West Ham because they were sitting back and there was space to exploit....so it would only make sense to bring on an attack minded player.

Wtf is wrong with stamping on Podolskis foot? ;p Wasn't that the free kick Walcott hit? I'd let Walcott take a free kick any day of the week from there or anywhere on the pitch and be confident he wouldn't score against Hugo Boss.

Saw Stoker yesterday, really liked it. Felt like an old-fashioned film with a hint of Kubrick and Hitchcock thrown in. Some lovely camerawork and editing too.

Fady K

God I am so late as always. If I am remembered at Footygaf in the years to come it will be for my lateness in responding and not my megaposts.

Here are responses to OT14:

Arkon said:
That's what Fady gets for laughing at the 3DS Nintendo Direct recently. Karma's a bitch.

Nah, I would still laugh at the Nintendo Direct. I thought it was dreadful. So was the horrible Vita conference. I own and play on both systems, mind you.

Kyoufu said:
Well too bad for Fady. A Japanese event aimed at promoting games for a Japanese audience. Cry me a river please. :)

It's like complaining that E3 is all full of shooters.

Kyoufu, I was not disappointed at the fact that Japanese games were being promoted, I was disappointed that there were no new japanese games at all. It was worrisome for a system whose predecessor continued to exist far beyond it's death date due to Japanese developers. At least it is getting a lot of indie support though ;D

I think DC nailed how I felt:

dc89 said:
I know it was tailored for Japan, I said it myself. But does Japan really like 5 MH clones?! Is that all Japanese gaming is about these days? You could say, is Western gaming just about CoD clones but my collection of games says otherwise.

Zabojnik said:
Go home Fady, you're drunk high on life.

I kid you not Zabojnik. Juve are too good this season. There is one thing in particular that I favor in them more than any other team save for Bayern and United, and that is organization. They are a fortress made of men. Rarely do I see a team as organized as Juve defensively. Sure they don't have the best strikers in the world, but they have many goalscorers.

Bumhead said:
Well my club are Sheffield Wednesday. The lows I would consider are pretty much the entire decade between 2000 and 2010. Relegation from the Premier League. The systematic destruction of the team and club, inside out. A board intent on tearing the club apart from within. Fractures between the fans. Board members taking legal action against supporters. Relegation to League One. Finishing 3 points off relegation to League Two. A debt of £28m that strangled the club for 10 years. Battles with the HMRC. Being embarassed week in, week out. A string of dire managers and worse players. Ending up in high court with one hour left to rescue the club from extinction.

You're right, these things are relative, but I'd argue only to an extent. I'd say that's a rollercoaster. Especially coming from the early 90's when we were one of the top clubs in the country. A much bigger club than Chelsea, back then. Other clubs fans have experienced similar.

Relative or not, in my eyes it's a totally different situation to that at Chelsea. Where dropping a place or two in the Premier League, or not winning this trophy or that trophy, is warranting those sort of reactions. It's not even compareable to me.

You seem like a really nice guy, so I have no intention of dragging this discussion to any slanging match or anything like that, and I understand your core point. It's just another one of these situations where I realise the expectations and experiences of the modern football fan, the fan of an oil rich and grossly successful football club like Chelsea, is entirely removed from my own. We might as well be talking about different sports.

Ok, seriously, your post gives me a new perspective. I kid you not. Just reading through that first paragraph of yours makes me very thankful for the position Chelsea are in. I can now very well see how you think my opinion of Chelsea's lows are nothing compared to other football clubs. I am sorry to hear your club is going through such a phase and I hope they put these ugly days behind them for good.

You are a 100% right, the situation is nowhere near comparable. I would go so far to say that your post has humbled me a little bit as a football fan. I really should be thankful that my club is even in contention for a top 4 at the top flight league.

Thanks for taking the time to actually read my response and post yours thoughtfully. I appreciate it.

confuziz

Banned
Is Willian eligible to play in Europa League for Anzhi?

edit: WTF TOP OF THE PAGE AGAIN

I think so yes. CL play doesn't mean you can't play in the EL, or vice versa.

Same thing happened with Afellay a few years back. First half of season for PSV in EL, second half for barca in CL.

GorillaJu

this is a bit random BUT am I the only one who just cannot stand the Guardian's Daniel Taylor? The way he writes his pieces just pisses me off.

Oh god yes. I can't stand Daniel Taylor. He comes off so pompous and yet unfortunately prone to mistake.

Really he's the only football writer I actively dislike.

Fady K

Responses from OT15, here's the first batch :0

Updated the supporters list, including nuking Fady from all teams that aren't Chelsea.

It should be less misleading now I guess. I see you ended up adding me to the Barca supporters as well, thanks.

He's pretty big Barca fan too, mun.

Thanks for reminding him in my absence Wooden :D

He does it where most of us won't see it because he doesn't want to taint his image. Fady, we know what your really like.

Hey now, I have all of my favorite posters here on twitter anyway ;D So you all know what I’m like. I was far worse though! Remember me at the start of the season when Chelsea lost to United? That was me at my worst I think :0

I don't really hate Lightning.

I hate FadyK. What an arsehole. Supporting two teams is wrong!

Lightning owns. After reading a lot of his thoughts I have come to one conclusion – he is a very nice guy :D Supporting two teams can be real fun actually! Gives you more football to enjoy. While it is true that many people support one team and watch a lot of teams play, there is something real fun about having two teams to follow. Also nice as you get to watch two different leagues :]

Hey now. Nothing wrong with pulling a juan pablo on the side
Fady is still a dick though.
jk <3

Even if you thought I was one, you are still too awesome bacon :D

He was banned quite a while ago.
I miss Fady more. I remember when I was lurking, he was the top poster in the thread lol.

I used to post so much. I really miss it. It was easier when I was unemployed obviously, but I’d still love to catch up with you guys more often.

When Fady posts I always smile and then dip my fingers in mango body butter in anticipation of the scrolling to come.

LOL. I just can’t stop loving you Wilbury :p

confuziz

Banned
When people in general are talking about who the better player is, they talk about the current form.

In the last (2) season(s), the players mentioned have played better than Rooney yes.

Wilbur

Banned
Daniel Taylor hate? Lovely.

Barney Ronay is the best football writer at the Guardian.

Taylor is diabolical, Ronay is fantastic.

The best football writer is Michael Cox, everyone else id irrelevant.

Sid Lowe is cool.

Both of these are great as well, but seriously Ronay is the best at the Guardian.

The Telegraph has some ludicrously shite ones.

Wilbur

Banned
When people in general are talking about who the better player is, they talk about the current form.

In the last (2) season(s), the players mentioned have played better than Rooney yes.

But Rooney's had a better season than Gomez and Aguero. So Rooney > them?

Your arguments always rely on utter bullshit, I'm quite sad you haven't upped your trolling level yet.

Also, I do watch Bundesliga. I think it's great. Not as good as the PL overall despite the top two teams being two of the three best between both leagues, but it's great. You're just pretending you're more cultured and contrarian.

Fady K

More responses, here I come.

Chelsea has Fady, they win.

He also supports barca lol.

I can never win because people on here have to either hate Chelsea or Barca :p

Fady gets so much love even though he hardly ever posts. Probably too busy meeting footballers every day. I want to see him post when he's angry.

Any love I get on here, I am very lucky to have. Because as of late I barely contribute to this thread and I barely have any intelligent posts worth replying to :[ If you want to see me at my angriest check out my twitter feed when United beat Chelsea at the start of the season, I simply lost it. It was shameful haha!

I dont like Fady when he's angry

I don't either :[ I lose much sense in logic.

Fady is like the sanitary wipe for the corrupted monstrous ejaculation that is FootyGAF

Maybe I'd be lucky to go near such a description once my intense dislike of your team dissipates ;D I am progressing well. I should be ready to have my team's ass handed to them by your team this Sunday and hopefully accept it in a manner unlike a sore hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom