• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

When people in general are talking about who the better player is, they talk about the current form.

In the last (2) season(s), the players mentioned have played better than Rooney yes.

How can you say that when Rooney has scored more and assisted more often than Aguero, Mandzukic, Villa, and Tevez over the last 18 months?

confuziz

Banned
How can you say that when Rooney has scored more and assisted more often than Aguero, Mandzukic, Villa, and Tevez over the last 18 months?

Romario best player in the world confirmed with 1000 goals. Better than Messi and Ronaldo combined.

Wilbur

Banned
Confuziz has already contradicted himself. Villa is better than Rooney he says. Fair enough, they're both great. But then he says it's on current form.Villa, who has been out injured for a year and now sits on the bench is better than Rooney on current form?

Just keeps changing his argument.

Confuziz has already contradicted himself. Villa is better than Rooney he says. Fair enough, they're both great. But then he says it's on current form.Villa, who has been out injured for a year and now sits on the bench is better than Rooney on current form?

He's as bad as doicare only doicare at times made me think he was trollin but confuziz seems to be deadly serious.

Wilbur

Banned
Romario best player in the world confirmed with 1000 goals. Better than Messi and Ronaldo combined.

So if stats are meaningless, that means you actually think Gomez is a better football player than Rooney?

:lol

Oh man

We're done here.

Go hospital. You've been drinking paint

confuziz

Banned

Everyone has his own opinion on what they call 'best' or what makes a player a good player. I think the players mentioned, have more and better capabilities than Rooney.

A good example of this is when Rooney plays in an other team, the national one. He's nothing like the player he is at United.

Kyoufu

Liverpool fans on twitter think we'll swap Ben Arfa for Carroll bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I think people need to refer back to this post and realize no amount of logic, arguments or facts (that are correct) can change anything here, maybe if you possessed gjips body he would listen.

Wilbur

Banned
Everyone has his own opinion on what they call 'best' or what makes a player a good player. I think the players mentioned, have more and better capabilities than Rooney.

A good example of this is when Rooney plays in an other team, the national one. He's nothing like the player he is at United.

The problem is though that you've changed your opinion eleven times in five minutes. First it was dictated by whoever wins the league and CL. Then it was dictated by current form. Then it was dictated by ignoring stats and just going on whatever decides Gomez is actually a better footballer. Now it's international form, of which Rooney is still probably better at than Van Persie.

Now I think Rooney is an inferior footballer to RVP, but I'd be able to say why instead of offering a plethora of nonsensical reasons and hoping one sticks.

Hmm, what if Rooney joined Arsenal. Bwahahaha, that'd be awesome.
Can Utd. fans try to rank the betrayalton factor a transfer to a certain club would ensue?
Obviously City would be at the top, but then what?

Hmm, what if Rooney joined Arsenal. Bwahahaha, that'd be awesome.
Can Utd. try to rank the betrayalton factor a transfer to a certain club would ensue?
Obviously City would be at the top, but then what?
I don't think I'd care too much if he went to Arsenal.

City and Liverpool are the two clubs we should never sell to.

Wouldn't like to sell to Chelsea either because they're a threat but I wouldn't see it as a betrayal of any sort.

Clegg

The only teams that could realistically afford Rooney are City, Chelsea and PSG.

The transfer fee would be at least £20m and he'd be looking for wages of more than £200k a week.

The only teams that could realistically afford Rooney are City, Chelsea and PSG.

The transfer fee would be at least £20m and he'd be looking for wages of more than £200k a week.
Bayern could afford him and so could Real and Barca but I doubt any of them would want him apart from maybe Real.

We should sell if we get £40m but nobody will pay that much I don't think.

Wilbur

Banned
If we were able to get 40m for Rooney right now I'd definitely take it. Will always be a legend and a United hero for me, always. But at that price, and with a guarantee it'd be invested into the team (lol) then I'd take it.

Like Viva says, don't think anyone will pay it though. Maybe Madrid when Mourinho's gone and they get back to their usual structure.

Clegg

Bayern could afford him and so could Real and Barca but I doubt any of them would want him apart from maybe Real.

We should sell if we get £40m but nobody will pay that much I don't think.

The only way we'd get £40m for Rooney is if PSG really wanted him badly.

Madrid and Bayern could possibly be interested in him. But not at a £40m price tag.

Fry

Of course Rooney is a better player than Gomez. People are hooked too easily lately around here.

But he has been outscored by him for a while now.

If we were able to get 40m for Rooney right now I'd definitely take it. Will always be a legend and a United hero for me, always. But at that price, and with a guarantee it'd be invested into the team (lol) then I'd take it.

Like Viva says, don't think anyone will pay it though. Maybe Madrid when Mourinho's gone and they get back to their usual structure.
GTFO.

Of course Rooney is a better player than Gomez. People are hooked too easily lately around here.

Rooney hasn't played as the leading forward for almost 4 years now though.

confuziz

Banned
I saw Life of Pi yesterday with my gf. She refuses to believe
the whole movie was a lie
. I laughed at her and after that we didn't have sex.

Wilbur

Banned

I knew you were trolling you cunt! But I think confuziz is genuinely deluded.

GTFO.

Rooney hasn't played as the leading forward for almost 4 years now though.

no pls

I was 11 when he joined United, pretty big fucking hero for me considering it came right after Euro 2004.

Do you think he has been wasted?
Not sure really, he's definitely been a victim of his own versatility.

When we signed him he played off RVN for a couple of years. Then he played central for a year and then he played 2 seasons out wide. Then he played central again! Then back at #10 and now he's been used all over the place again this season.

I don't think any player can perform consistently when they're moved about so much. But then his own lack of consistency has also resulted in that. His touch just isn't good enough to play at #10 at the highest level and hit fitness/injuries always keep him out for periods.

Personally I think his best role is a central leading striker because his finishing really is top notch. I really wouldn't want to lose him though, it's clear he isn't one of the world's very best players but he is still very important for us and his skillset, when on song is so so diverse. However you have to accept that when you pay £200k for somebody like him you kind of expect more and if we could replace him with a top talent would do it.

no pls

I was 11 when he joined United, pretty big fucking hero for me considering it came right after Euro 2004.
He wanted to go and play for Manchester City the minute things didn't look rosy at United like they had done since he signed for us.

If Fergie throws him out I will not have an inch of sympathy for him.

He wanted us to sign better players. We did. Now he can't get into the team. Suck it up.

Clegg

The real question is what would Fergus do to replace Rooney?

Sign an attacking midfield player or an out and out striker? Or do we already have our replacements in Kagawa and RVP?

Wilbur

Banned
He wanted to go and play for Manchester City the minute things didn't look rosy at United like they had done since he signed for us.

If Fergie throws him out I will not have an inch of sympathy for him.

He wanted us to sign better players. We did. Now he can't get into the team. Suck it up.

Oh, I agree with everything you've said here. But still he came to United at a pretty formative stage of my life, one of my favourites for years until the City incident. Since then I've mellowed on him immensely, but still harbour shit. I just wanna kiss him.

Your last point is fucking great :lol. Shit, we should swap him for Bale.

The real question is what would Fergus do to replace Rooney?

Sign an attacking midfield player or an out and out striker? Or do we already have our replacements in Kagawa and RVP?
It could well be the latter especially since Welbeck is being given increasingly responsibility and we have Henriquez on the books too but Fergie does love to have a big set of strikers.

Personally would like us to sign a "forward" rather than a "striker" if we sold Rooney. Out and out 442 is dated as hell.

Any specific reason? The other one makes a lot more sense when you think about it!
Yeah to me it's very obv which is the "real" story. I've also read the book so maybe that makes a difference.

Book is much better than the movie IMO. Wasn't sure it translated that well onto the screen.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah to me it's very obv which is the "real" story. I've also read the book so maybe that makes a difference.

Book is much better than the movie IMO. Wasn't sure it translated that well onto the screen.

I thought the film was good, not great - dont think cinematicall you could make a riveting movie due to the repetitiveness of him being on the boat - but visually and technically it was outstanding and Lee absolutely deserved best director.

Salazar

Naw. Wouldn't mind a fuck-off mean box-to-box.

An intimidator who isn't a total Cattermole. Because fuck TunniGUFF.

Clegg

It could well be the latter especially since Welbeck is being given increasingly responsibility and we have Henriquez on the books too but Fergie does love to have a big set of strikers.

Personally would like us to sign a "forward" rather than a "striker" if we sold Rooney. Out and out 442 is dated as hell.
Established players in those kind of positions would cost a lot of money.

But I'd love to see Fergus blow it all on someone like Isco or Gotze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom