• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
The more I look at Nani's red card the more he has himself to blame for that situation. He's just lucky that the United fans and team are only blaming the ref instead of blaming him for what was a reckless action.

I wonder if we swap Nani for Suarez would the United fans stiill think it was the worst decision and blow it up to this magnitude.

pulga

Banned
When Madrid get eliminated, no matter what round, the title has to be |OT1?| LA DECIMATED

I can just picture you hunching over a piece of paper with a No.10 pencil in hand, frantically scribbling and thinking up wild puns for a next OT whilst thinking "HAR HAR HAR, THATLL SHOW PULGA"

Lightning

Banned
Barca to deal with Milan, then deal with Madrid, then lose to Dortmund who take the competition. That's how I want things to go.

Salazar

The more I look at Nani's red card the more he has himself to blame for that situation.

Eh. Going for the ball. In a pretty over-the-top style, considering it wasn't make or break if Arbeloa got it, but hey. I think it turned out silly, but I don't think it was a drastically (only moderately) silly thing for him to do. Was an accident caused by recklessness - was not a violent foul.

He's just lucky that the United fans and team are only blaming the ref instead of blaming him for what was a reckless action.

"the United fans" - who ? MUFC Facebook ?
As for the team, fuck knows what they think. Sister-in-law-shaggers aren't particularly easy to mindread.

I wonder if we swap Nani for Suarez would the United fans stiill think it was the worst decision and blow it up to this magnitude.

It's usually pretty fucking obvious that Suarez means it when he stamps on people.

jtb

Banned
this is a bit random BUT am I the only one who just cannot stand the Guardian's Daniel Taylor? The way he writes his pieces just pisses me off.

Lightning

Banned
Eh. Going for the ball. In a pretty over-the-top style, considering it wasn't make or break if Arbeloa got it, but hey. I think it turned out silly, but I don't think it was a drastically (only moderately) silly thing for him to do. Was an accident caused by recklessness - was not a violent foul..
It was a violent foul though, that's the problem. It wasn't deliberate but violent and reckless just the same as the studs should never have been that high.

"the United fans" - who ? MUFC Facebook ?
As for the team, fuck knows what they think. Sister-in-law-shaggers aren't particularly easy to mindread.
Just surmising from everything I've read and how some parts in the media are so stupid they think the official should not ref another game for the rest of the year the decision was that bad when it clearly wasn't.

It's usually pretty fucking obvious that Suarez means it when he stamps on people.
But it doesn't need to be deliberate to be violent conduct or dangerous play. Arbeloa could have injured himself there, the potential was there, and that is the concern. The red was harsh but anyone with an open mind could see why the ref decided to issue it. Nani opened himself up for it.

I just think the ref is getting a bit too much shit thrown at him from certain parts of the media as the decision, though harsh, could be justified.

this is a bit random BUT am I the only one who just cannot stand the Guardian's Daniel Taylor? The way he writes his pieces just pisses me off.
Off topic as I don't know enough about that writer to judge but how do you feel about our match with Bayern next week? Think we'll give it a good go or are we steering down the barrel of an embarrasing 7-1 agg hiding?

jtb

Banned
Off topic as I don't know enough about that writer to judge but how do you feel about our match with Bayern next week? Think we'll give it a good go or are we steering down the barrel of an embarrasing 7-1 agg hiding?

I'm not optimistic. I wouldn't mind if Wenger just put out a weakened team, tbh. I'm expecting a rout either way.

pulga

Banned
oh my god

United and Frogie have done the impossible and made an enemy out of Fat Ronaldo

"Real Madrid have shut his mouth for me. His comments were disrespectful. A professional of so many years, a Sir of England, shouldn't be so direspectful. It's unclassy. I've no more words for this sir, I just hope the team he manages always loses".

But goal.com (lol) has a different story:

"I respect his opinions, I'm not pretentious as to expect that everyone will think I'm the best," he told reporters.
"I'm happy for what I achieved in football and for having been chosen as the best in the world.
"I feel sorry for the disrespectful manner in which he referred to me, it's something that's not good for someone of his position."

Who to believe? Either way, it was only a joke, Ronnie <3

Lightning

Banned
I'm not optimistic. I wouldn't mind if Wenger just put out a weakened team, tbh. I'm expecting a rout either way.
I'm dreading a rout, I really am. Also The Sun (LOL I know) say Barca want Vermaelen? I reckon we should sell him and buy a top class defender to replace him and give the captaincy to someone else. Wilshere a tad young imo but maybe he can handle it.

pulga

Banned
no, i'm Basque thank you very much.

Basque?

How do you feel about Llorente leaving for greener pastures?

LLorente+Juventus+shirt.jpg

Salazar

It was a violent foul though, that's the problem. It wasn't deliberate but violent and reckless just the same as the studs should never have been that high.

Being "not deliberate" (let's say, it is therefore, more or less, "accidental") pretty much precludes it, in the mind of any sane and competent user of the English language referring to human action, from being "violent".

Lightning

Banned
Being "not deliberate" (let's say, it is therefore, more or less, "accidental") pretty much precludes it, in the mind of any sane and competent user of the English language referring to human action, from being "violent".
Reckless actions without thought or consequence is dangerous play and therefore can justify red card. It wasn't deliberate in that he didn't see the player coming but it was dangerous because he still dangerously kicked another player studs up in the ribs. Was it intentional? No but the consequence of the action was extreme because Arbeloa got studs in his ribs at momentum.

When putting your feet up that high in such a way one needs to be 100% sure of their surroundings. Nani wasn't.

Pikma

Banned
Ugh please don't say that San Diego and Tijuana are related. Imperial Beach, I could forgive, but the only relation to San Diego is that 19 y/o's go there on buses to get wrecked.

You'd be surprised to see the amount of americans (non-hispanics) that go over there to watch soccer games, every week (Me included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom