• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't wait for this cup game.

----------------DeGOD
RAF----JevGOD-------Vidic----Evra
---------Carrick-------Clev
-----Valencia---Rooney---Kagawa
-----------------Chicha

QrM7nGT.gif

Vidic won't play. 3 games in a week will destroy him. Would venture you're completely right apart from swap Vidic for Ferdinand.

Maybe Smalling at right back as well.

3Sixty

I started a new FM game too. As Saints, mid table at the half way stage. Plan on buying no one over the age of 18. Operation YOOTH

So, rumors about Diouf joining us: "He's an interesting player, we scouted him but we also scouted lots of others."

Rumors about Dzeko joining us: "No, no, that's nonsense. Get that away from me. It's not true, believe me. Please, believe me."

Watzke and Klopp are doing a horrible job at denying that stuff lol

Kenka

This picture. So cute !

Watzke and Klopp are doing a horrible job at denying that stuff lol
Watzke said that Dortmund will broaden their squad to make it possible for them to compete on several fronts. While I do understand his stance I think it goes against his will to keep finances sane.
It's not impossible for both Dzeko and Diouf to come to Dortmund in case Lewa leaves this summer !

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Random one but did anyone buy any games on demand game on Xbox during the sale?

I was playing Max Payne 3 yesterday and it seems achievements aren't popping. Not that i give a fuck it just seems strange.

I got Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker because it said it was in Colombia

Watzke said that Dortmund will broaden their squad to make it possible for them to compete on several fronts. While I do understand his stance I think it goes against his will to keep finances sane.
It's not impossible for both Dzeko and Diouf to come to Dortmund in case Lewa leaves this summer !

It really isn't. We're a making a lot of money this season, so the transfer fees won't be a problem. And when you look at what we need: LB/RB backup, CB backup (if Santana leaves), maybe some sort of AM/RW/LW backup and a FW (or two if Schieber really leaves). That's nothing crazy, the backup players won't earn silly money.

dc89

Re: Rooney.

If united want to sell him they have to this summer. He's of that age now where his value is only going to decline.

And I don't think United can honestly command £30-40m for him.

Re: Rooney.

If united want to sell him they have to this summer. He's of that age now where his value is only going to decline.

And I don't think United can honestly command £30-40m for him.

If you take his commercial value on top of his footballing value, then yes we can.

Ho ho:

kU8lf0F.png

Ahead of England for the current season. First time in a semi-eternity.

Look at City, massive team with such consistency in Europe. An example to all wannabe teams looking to prove themselves......

Hang on, we're the only English team without losing so far? *jinx*

Hmm, UEFA co-efficients. Interesting stuff.

We've had 2 shit years but luckily we build up enough points to keep us safe in Pot 1.

Juve, PSG and Zenit may all over-take City this year.

Dortmund are so low. Sad times.

Wilbur

Banned
Hmm, UEFA co-efficients. Interesting stuff.

We've had 2 shit years but luckily we build up enough points to keep us safe in Pot 1.

Juve, PSG and Zenit may all over-take City this year.

Dortmund are so low. Sad times.

It's odd how I don't feel like we had a shit year at all despite going out so early. We handled the group stages so professionally this season and we were class against Madrid. Really quite optimistic for the future.

scently

Lol, Rooney is going nowhere. He has outlasted a lot of strikers at OT, his stats are getting better; assists, chances created, goals etc. He is the best all round player in the premier league. Sure there are better strikers than him, and better wingers and num 10s, and better technical players, but he can play all those positions in a more-than-average rating. In UTD, he is the one player you can slot into any of the forward position and even the midfield. And like it or not, as a number 10, currently for UTD, he is better than Kagawa. He is the only one we have who can gel with any striking formation or partnership: See Rooney-RVP, Rooney-Chicha, Rooney-Welbeck, Rooney-Kagawa. And for that last one you just have to look at our last premier league game. Now mix those partnerships up and look for games where they were used and then you begin to see how good he has been for us. Sure he is not the most technically gifted player and he has a terrible first touch, but he can adjust to any player and is extremely intelligent, especially in the final third plays. While he may not always be consistent he has been our most consistent palyer over the last 5-6 years.

If I can see these values in him then I am sure the manager sees it too.

Meier

Weak. I've got 792 and 780 hours on FM11/12 respectively. On 265 for FM13, which would suggest I've addressed the problem a little, but it's still only March.

:(

Wow! FM11 was probably the worst for me -- that's just between the summer sale when I finally gave in and tried it and then the release of FM12 at its launch.

jlQb2WxmoJ74p.png

Suck it Reading.

I'm interested to see what happens with Will Hughes in the summer. He's been injured so he hasn't been playing lately. I wonder if City were to buy him if we'd let him stay at Derby for another season to continue playing first team football or what.

There are a ton of stories about Dzeko to BVB for £20m. The whole rumor of the clubs meeting during the QPR game seems like such a weirdly specific rumor that it just might be true. It's going to be a very interesting summer, that's for sure.

Mauro Icardi apparently won't a new deal with Sampdoria and would be available for €15m so that seems likely IMO.

It's odd how I don't feel like we had a shit year at all despite going out so early. We handled the group stages so professionally this season and we were class against Madrid. Really quite optimistic for the future.
Yeah same here but harsh reality is that going out in the Round of 16 isn't really good enough. Not a catastrophe like last year and we got a tough draw and then hard calls against us but still not excusable.

Looking at the coefficients you can make a case for doing well in the Europa League and caring about it.

Liverpool have earnt some decent points in the last 3 years. Without those they would be way down the table and if they got back into the CL they'd be in pot 4. City too have earnt hardly any points this year and that's left them open to a few teams jumping ahead. If they were in the Europa they could have boosted their ranking.

At Madrid got loads of points for winning it last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom