• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE

wTF0IHs.png

Meier

This is fucking awesome. Randomly happened across it by way of a Game of Thrones fanpage posting on Facebook. Best profile photo ever.

602941_508927062484788_1095210110_n.jpg

flippedb

Banned
I am, can you imagine what is it like not getting a penalty in 4 months while your local rival gets really dubious calls, all in their favour, EVERY week? I'm not saying they should gift penalties to us, just decent refereeing and giving us what is right.
This has been going on for months, i wouldn't even care if it happened once in a while.
I know we're doing really bad lately but if Milan manages to win with a balotelli bullshit penalty at the 94th minute, journalists/commentators are like "GRANDE MILAN" "SUPER BALO" "ALLEGRI IS A GENIUS", meanwhile we draw with some midtable team with them scoring an offside goal with handball and a pen not given for us, we are the worst team in existence
actually, they say this shit even when we win
Balotelli went from being the biggest piece of shit of all time, to a saint and the "Future of Italy".

Milan might get more penalties because of a different play style. If you get a lot inside the box, chances are someone will get knocked down and you'll get a pk.

Inter, on the other hand, just goes around there, losing by 3 against Spurs lol

That's the difference.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't even understand what Kyoufu's trying to say. Trying to imply its boring to manage Man Utd on FM and likewise supporting them in real life? It certainly isn't boring supporting them :lol. Just nice having a bigger profile than wee north east clubs

3Sixty

Before i depart into Hula land.

Anyone follow Le Tiss on twitter and love how blunt he is?

“@rkyson99: @mattletiss7 why do you think you weren't given a fair crack in the England team? #askmatt #pleaseanswermyquestion” Too lazy

“@chrisberry27: @mattletiss7 do you think you would have done so well with the speed and athleticism of the current game? #askmatt” Yes

“@BenjaminParke: @mattletiss7 #askmatt can you sum up your career in 1 word?” Fun

Kills me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Trying to watch the World Baseball Classic. I'm glad Mexico's winning, but this takes so freaking long. :/ Isn't there a curling World Cup somewhere?

3Sixty

WBC is on?

Venezuela where a great price pre tournament.

Neatherlands beating a few legit teams a few years back was lolz

I doubt anyone truly believes Balo is the future of anything. He is an overrated, self centered, pos and mostly everyone knows it. He's just riding a wave of hype at the moment as he is scoring goals and is a big transfer. Just wait until the barren spell comes and it will.

As for the penalty complaint. Generally balances out over the season and Inter are still right in the hunt so you should be a bit more upbeat. I'd gve my arm for Arsenal to be only 1 point of the CL spots rather than bloody 7 points.
Italians do, or at least that's what the media wants us to think, even when he blatanly dives they try to find silly excuses.

Penalties are usually balanced out with everyone but them lol, last year they complained for months about "Muntari's goal", which was the most blatant one, probably forgetting they were taking advantage of dat bullshit "Ibrahimovic (pen.)" every week.

We are at just 4 points with 1 game to play, i don't see us going too far though, half the team is injured, the other half can't run for more than 2 minutes. Only way we could get 3rd place is that if Napoli and Lazio fuck up.
Milan might get more penalties because of a different play style. If you get a lot inside the box, chances are someone will get knocked down and you'll get a pk.

Inter, on the other hand, just goes around there, losing by 3 against Spurs lol

That's the difference.

:lol :lol :lol
yeah dude, our problem is that we don't spend enough time in the opposition's box. :lol
Explain this, this, this, or this then.

Mumei

I got the first season of Breaking Bad. I know absolutely nothing besides part of a random episode I saw at a friend's house (and I don't remember what season or what happened) and the premise, and since I'm usually pretty lackadaisical about avoiding spoilers that's impressive for me!

Looking forward to it.

Lightning

Banned
Italians do, or at least that's what the media wants us to think, even when he blatanly dives they try to find silly excuses.

Penalties are usually balanced out with everyone but them lol, last year they complained for months about "Muntari's goal", which was the most blatant one, probably forgetting they were taking advantage of dat bullshit "Ibrahimovic (pen.)" every week.

We are at just 4 points with 1 game to play, i don't see us going too far though, half the team is injured, the other half can't run for more than 2 minutes. Only way we could get 3rd place is that if Napoli and Lazio fuck up.
How bad are these injuries to your players? Because your fate is in your hands but you have some hideous fixtures coming up. Games against Juventus, Napoli and Lazio from what I saw.

And if Italians really think Balo is the future then they don't have much of a future because unless there is some major turnaround from him he will be nothing more than average at best.

rodvik

Liverpool's official twitter had urged everyone to ask question for Stewart Downing (#AskDowning). Here are some of them :

Q.Jamie Carragher has seen some things during his time at Anfield, but... how did the poor guy feel when he first played with you?

Q.If you were a footballer, what would your preferred position be?

Q.In 2009 Pogatetz said you would eventually join a top 4 club. Do you think that will ever happen?

Q.So you left Aston Villa for Champions League football. How's that working out for you?

Q.How did it feel to have more arrests than assists last season?

Q.How do the Liverpool strikers feel when they are stood in the box for the 978th time, waiting for you to cross the ball?

Q.how do you sleep at night knowing you get paid for trying to play football

Q.How did you feel last season knowing Tim Howard was closer to lifting the golden boot than you?

Q.Did you laugh when Liverpool brought you for 18 million?

Q.Did you feel that Messi robbed you when he won the Ballon D'or?

Q.What will you wear when you win the Ballon D'or next year? Please don't wear what Messi did, OK?

Q.You finished 230948th on the Ballon D'or list, behind my mate Mak who plays for my school team. Did
you expect to finish this high?

Q.When you retire, will you ever think of starting a career as a professional footballer?

Q.Which stadium has the comfiest bench?

Q.Are you the only player to be neither footed?

I am dying here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom