• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

i9ViqFRbshgip.gif

im9jVDJvkvBmG.gif

ivXtDX0tOCqQV.gif

D_prOdigy

QPR and Reading are rooted to the bottom, but have gained 13 points in their last 10 games. That run beats every team above them all the way up to Swansea in 9th (except Fulham, who match it). They still look most likely to go down, though.

Hixx

We have three winnable home games (norwich, Saints, Stoke), one that we can probably nick a draw in (Everton).

A derby which is pointless to try and predict, Villa away... Still think we will pick up 8-10 points. Which SHOULD keep us up but gonna be very close. Like I said... down to maybe last game or two. Hopefully not the last as its Spurs away.

Meier

Because Everton are in such great form themselves at the moment? That team is typical Everton. They've run out of puff, they can be beaten by most teams at the moment.

Not signing a striker in the winter window was shocking to me. Jelavic has been terrible this year.. they really, really needed strengthening. The fact they made no effort to improve (other than a late attempt to get a CM) is going to cost them a lot of money.

Polari

QPR and Reading are rooted to the bottom, but have gained 13 points in their last 10 games. That run beats every team above them all the way up to Swansea in 9th (except Fulham, who match it). They still look most likely to go down, though.

For us there's a lot riding on Villa next week. If we can come away with a win, the smart money would be on us to stay up. If we lose though of course, the smart money will remain on us to go down.

Alduin

Palace 2-2 Leeds
WELL. We lost points from a winning position AGAIN. Stupid Warnock and his stupid really late subs or just useless subs. That and his HOOF tactics should just fuck off.
Hope we could get someone like Di Canio or Nigel Adkins next season.

Kyoufu

We have three winnable home games (norwich, Saints, Stoke), one that we can probably nick a draw in (Everton).

A derby which is pointless to try and predict, Villa away... Still think we will pick up 8-10 points. Which SHOULD keep us up but gonna be very close. Like I said... down to maybe last game or two. Hopefully not the last as its Spurs away.

I don't think you're going down but I don't think you'll ever be "safe" either.

Same goes with le toon.

Lightning

Banned
Not signing a striker in the winter window was shocking to me. Jelavic has been terrible this year.. they really, really needed strengthening. The fact they made no effort to improve (other than a late attempt to get a CM) is going to cost them a lot of money.
I can't believe Moyes managed to fuck things up in the FA cup again. He needed that magic signing at January to help them push on but it didn't happen and now they will struggle. With proper signing they could have pushed for top 4 now Everton will be lucky to finish in the top 6.

Garjon

They don't have the money to spend on players and their wages right now. At this rate, if they slump down the table, I can see a lot of players being forced to leave to cut down their wage bill. It doesn't help that Kenwright is a tight bastard either.

QPR were at least 6 points below Reading.

Just checked, they were 6 points behind Villa (17th) by 6 points when he took over.

I don't know man, all of this talk about 'Harry Houdini' and the 'Great Escape' just rubs me the wrong way when it's been just a 6 point gap from safety for most of the season. Especially with the quality in their side.

Garjon

The media wankery over Redknapp just leaped into overdrive. Because they beat a woefully inept and negative Sunderland who are in free fall themselves.

The media wankery over Redknapp just leaped into overdrive. Because they beat a woefully inept and negative Sunderland who are in free fall themselves.

I fucking hate it too

Edit: Oh, and because I haven't said it yet....hahahaha Sunderland. Hope you go down xoxo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Platini trolling

Michelle-Platini-36543.jpg

“Who will win the Champions League? If I say that I’d like to hand the trophy to Juventus, then someone will get annoyed,” smiled Platini.

“I saw two great German teams, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. I include Juve in the list of potentials, as they are so strong and I love their national identity. At times they play with nine Italians, which is so rare nowadays.

“L’Avvocato would’ve loved this team too, as he would not have enjoyed this sport with a thousand foreigners who come and go.”

L’Avvocato is the nickname used for former Juve President Gianni Agnelli, who was at the helm during Platini’s Turin stay.

“Can Juve win it? If Barcelona go out, then the Champions League is wide open,” continued the UEFA President.

“It is not easy to come back from a 2-0 first leg defeat, even for Barcelona. That’s what makes football great, the fact Milan can sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, have Mario Balotelli cup-tied and then beat Barcelona 2-0.

“If you’re Chelsea with tons of money, you can still lose in the Europa League to Steaua Bucharest. If you are Manchester United then you can concede two goals in 10 minutes. Just having a man sent off does not justify it.

“My Juve, Ajax and Bayern used to have three Finals in a row. Now every year it is different for the Champions League.”

Meier

Fiancée took forever to get ready so I'm gonna miss most of the City game since we are picking up her new glasses currently. Meh.

Meier

They don't have the money to spend on players and their wages right now. At this rate, if they slump down the table, I can see a lot of players being forced to leave to cut down their wage bill. It doesn't help that Kenwright is a tight bastard either.
They're going to lose Fellaini in the summer as is due to his release clause so that will help. They needed to spend a little to try and stay in the UCL race..as is, they're going to struggle to stay above Liverpool which will be a gutpunch to the fans.

Feorax

They're going to lose Fellaini in the summer as is due to his release clause so that will help. They needed to spend a little to try and stay in the UCL race..as is, they're going to struggle to stay above Liverpool which will be a gutpunch to the fans.

I'd be dissapointed if we didn't overtake them to be honest. Their run in is worse than ours, and they still have to come to Anfield, where Moyes has never won IIRC.

I'm shocked at how anonymous Jelavic has been this season. He and Cisse really do seem to have been half-season wonders, although Cisse is doing better of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom