• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

Fucking shocking decision from the linesman, the ball never went near a Swansea player before it went back, Swansea robbed.

Meier

Reading have been pulling Benteke's shirt all day and it's not getting called at all. Pretty surprising. He's just so damn strong.

Hixx

The fact that Sunderland are even near the relegation zone means O'Neill should go at the end of the season. Doing a rather shitty job this season IMO.

Our team is shit. Take Fletcher, Sess and Mig out and its the worst in the league.

He has to go even if we stay up though. I can't believe he's done no better than Bruce.

Harry's gonna do it isn't he?

Do what exactly? They've been bottom all season but they've hardly been dead and gone. The bottom can fluctuate so much that 4 points wouldn't be that difficult to overturn.

Of course the media will do the old Harry Houdini routine and make it look like it's been another great escape, when in reality it's just been another scrappy relegation fight.

Mastadon

Banned
Do what exactly? They've been bottom all season but they've hardly been dead and gone. The bottom can fluctuate so much that 4 points wouldn't be that difficult to overturn.

Of course the media will do the old Harry Houdini routine and make it look like it's been another great escape, when in reality it's just been another scrappy relegation fight.

You don't think it'll be impressive if he keeps them up? It's a massive task!

Weren't QPR something like 9 points from safety at one stage?

No team has ever stayed up after being in the position they were/are in.

Would be amazing if they stay up IMO...but I don't think they will. Even though they won today they're still as far from safety as they were when the day began.

3Sixty

jclDpHRB0hhNL.png

Would have been daylight robbery.

Fucking shit cunts.

Polari

God, next week is so crucial for us against Villa. Whatever happens we mustn't lose. Five points between the bottom five with nine games to go, I'm keeping the faith.

It's still more likely than not that they'll go down, but don't bet against Redknapp.
They do have slightly easier fixtures than the other teams in and around them I think.

Harry can get his players feeling confident and that counts for alot in the scrappy games down the bottom.

You don't think it'll be impressive if he keeps them up? It's a massive task!

Of course, but I don't think it's been mission impossible as it's being made out. QPR have real quality in that squad, on paper they shouldn't be in a relegation fight. They're only 4 points behind safety, I just don't see that as a huge gap I guess. If United were 4 points behind City we wouldn't think the title was over so why should this be different? At the end of the season the bottom always fluctuates like crazy, you know QPR will win another couple of games, as will most around the bottom, at the same time they will also all drop plenty of points so it'll yoyo quite a lot.

Their pretty much done playing the top sides baring Arsenal and Liverpool (lol) too. They've got the easiest fixture list for a bottom side.

Just another relegation scrap for me, nothing special.

Meier

Selling Johnson was a tidy piece of business. I thought for sure that going home he'd be re-energized and have a great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom