• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you don't want to be a keeper
306135_10152639789490164_633261220_n.jpg

Suen

Next week will be a tough game, can see Bale tearing our back 4 apart. The only chance we have is to just try and outscore Spurs, since I don't see a clean sheet as a possibility.

After that though, I can comfortably see us picking up points in every game we have left. Barring an implosion like we had last year, it should be a good end to the season for us.
I can only hope that Suarez will do a miracle and bring you victory :/

Next week will be a tough game, can see Bale tearing our back 4 apart. The only chance we have is to just try and outscore Spurs, since I don't see a clean sheet as a possibility.

After that though, I can comfortably see us picking up points in every game we have left. Barring an implosion like we had last year, it should be a good end to the season for us.

I'm done lookin more than one game ahead since the West Brom debacle :p

jtb

Banned
Hahahaha :)
:(

People say we still have a chance of being in the top four and while Spurs having tough upcoming opponents could give us a chance I don't have much hope about it. Spurs is on fire now and this win will probably give them a huge boost. At best I believe we could end fourth but then this soulless team really need to get their shit together. If today's performance is an indication on how we will be performing the rest of this season then the only thing awaiting us is Europa League (which we will lose in as well).

Overhauling Spurs isn't going to happen now, that's for sure, but we can still catch Chelsea. They will drop points in the run-in. We just have to make sure we don't drop any more points.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal have an easy next 6 Prem games.

wut

Swansea away (beat Arsenal at the Emirates already), West Brom away (extremely strong at the Hawthorns), Fulham away (drew at the Emirates. Two home games against Norwich and Reading but Everton to come as well.

Plenty of points to be won and lost by all the London teams.

Lightning

Banned
Overhauling Spurs isn't going to happen now, that's for sure, but we can still catch Chelsea. They will drop points in the run-in. We just have to make sure we don't drop any more points.
We have United to play and Swansea away 3 days after travelling to Munich. We're dropping points, it's over man.

Suen

That part is exactly why I don't feel all that hopeful. We drop points too often.

We have United to play and Swansea away 3 days after travelling to Munich. We're dropping points, it's over man.
Didn't even know this as I didn't check the schedule. Welp...it's over. United will tear us a new asshole and Michu will be the final nail in the coffin.

Feorax

I didn't realise how close City are to Chelsea and Spurs. Second could easily be up for grabs as well at this rate.

There is a bigger point gap between United and City than there is between us and City. That's incredible (though I know they have a game in hand).

jtb

Banned

Oh I had already written off the United game as a loss, but I wouldn't underestimate Chelsea's ability to implode under Rafa. It is looking like the Europa League is in our future though... Wonder what Wenger will cling to at the end of the season if that happens.

operon

Oh I had already written off the United game as a loss, but I wouldn't underestimate Chelsea's ability to implode under Rafa. It is looking like the Europa League is in our future though... Wonder what Wenger will cling to at the end of the season if that happens.
Europe league qualification is like a trophy

Plasma

Banned

At this point we should put out a youth side and get battered by Bayern it's going to happen anyway. Need to focus on the league and at least try to get 4th place.

Lightning

Banned
It will either need to be a massive implosion from Chelsea or a huge uptake in form from us. Games I can see us dropping points from:

Swansea away, United home, Newcastle away and we could still drop points against Everton, West Brom, Fulham. The draw is too hard to make up 5 points on Chelsea, it will need to be an implosion of massive proportions.

Damn, that was a GOLAZO. Fuckig Michel was fucking advanced as hell. When did we play like Bielsa?

Fucking Michel.

hahahahha. are you a casual fan? that goal was shit, you know things have gone to shit when MARTIN fucking BRAVO scores on you. Michel has always been an overrated Oswaldo clone, and your back 4 are slow as fuck. Still, both teams are very mediocre that it might end up in a tie.

and København behind... Wiland has decided to do his best Chesney impressions, jesus christ terrible terrible keeping... He tried to grab the ball and instead it bounced on the ground and hit him in the ass.

Yen

I could see our full backs being okay against Bale, but unsure about Carra :)eek) or Skrtel.

ILvane

lol, really. How did you get to hear him sing?

they were playing an away game in my hometown (ankara), my friend who is a trabzonspor fan suggested going to the hotel they were staying pre-game and getting some signatures. he was singing along with some other turkish players while they were getting on the bus.
they were all so polite.

UV-6

they were playing an away game in my hometown (ankara), my friend who is a trabzonspor fan suggested going to the hotel they were staying pre-game and getting some signatures. he was singing along with some other turkish players while they were getting on the bus.
they were all so polite.
heh, awesome!

This game is heading for a 2-2 draw me thinks.

Randdalf

Wenger says that but he obviously did. He instructed both Arteta and Ramsey to track Bale when he moved towards the wings and it worked perfectly up until Arsenal fell apart. I'd be more worried for Arsenal if their manager actually didn't make plans to deal with Bale because that's an essential part of neutralising Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom