• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale is a bit of a flat track bully I feel. Doesn't perform against the big teams, don't see RM paying top dollar for him till he can prove he can do it against the big boys.

jtb

Banned
I thought Bale was pretty quiet during the first half and that Arsenal handled him well. Vermaelen just felt like making the exact same mistake TWICE, while no one up front felt like scoring. The problem today wasn't the tactics, the problem is that the players simply aren't good enough.

I also think the decision to play him behind Adebayor in that free role was a mistake, even if he scored. He could have absolutely destroyed Jenkinson with his pace and skill and created a lot more from the wing, I think, especially against Arsenal's high line.

Fry

BEc_oVUCAAAGM9d.png

I wouldn't laugh about being an one-man team.

Lightning

Banned
I thought Bale was pretty quiet during the first half and that Arsenal handled him well. Vermaelen just felt like making the exact same mistake TWICE, while no one up front felt like scoring. The problem today wasn't the tactics, the problem is that the players simply aren't good enough.
Who do you think will want to leave when we're in the Europa league next season?

Clegg

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian

AVB now in: 'The difference this year is we are in an upward spiral. They (Arsenal) are in a negative spiral.'

He's trying so hard to avoid saying that Arsenal are in a downward spiral.

jtb

Banned
Who do you think will want to leave when we're in the Europa league next season?

No one. Which says a lot about how far the quality of the squad has fallen, really. Maybe Wilshere will want to leave for greener pastures if we keep missing out on CL qualification. But everyone else—it's not like there are CL clubs waiting to pick up Ramsey or Gervinho...

I'm more worried about it being difficult to bring players in. Last thing the club needs is to overpay for shit players like Liverpool did with Comolli.

Clegg

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy

Wenger: 'We were not efficient in the zones where it matters: at the front and at the back'

At least Arsene isn't trying to make more excuses.

i love you rattail <3 ETNEI DI STA MINCHIA.
Something something inter scum
something something Schelotto better than messi something something
How and why did a team of Inter's current calibre sell Coutinho for £8 million? If I was Adriano I'd be furious.
Well, i was pretty angry when we sold him, seeing him scoring/assisting goals against 2 crap teams does nothing for me though(i know he has that quality), call me when he does that shit against real opponents in big games.
And here we go.

http://i.imgur.com/lTp3vKx.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Congrats!
[quote="Jason Raize '75 - '04, post: 48802887"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zvv0x84.png[IMG]

Explain this Inter-GAF[/QUOTE]
I've really no idea, iirc if we lost today, we would have done the worst away run in our history, just after winning 10 away games in a row(also our record).
lol at "Inter-GAF" :(
[quote="TheLucifer, post: 48806412"]Screw you Cuntania.[/QUOTE]
[quote="no fun allowed, post: 48807411"]FUCK INTER[/QUOTE]
[quote="TheLucifer, post: 48807456"]Fuck Catania.[/QUOTE]
Pazzini suca.
[quote="WAR recon zero, post: 48802884"]Guarin deserves a better team. He has proven himself[/QUOTE]
Nope, but he deserves better teammates. :/

Defeat is hard to take. I think a draw would have been a fair result because neither side deserved to lose from their performance. Arsenal passed the ball better and were actually the better side at HT.

But look at Spurs' next few fixtures.

Liverpool (A)
Fulham (H)
Swansea (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Man City (A)​

And Arsenal's.

Swansea (A)
Reading (H)
West Brom (A)
Norwich (H)
Everton (H)
Fulham (A)​

I can easily see Spurs dropping a larger amount of points than we will

Feorax

No one. Which says a lot about how far the quality of the squad has fallen, really. Maybe Wilshere will want to leave for greener pastures if we keep missing out on CL qualification. But everyone else—it's not like there are CL clubs waiting to pick up Ramsey or Gervinho...

I'm more worried about it being difficult to bring players in. Last thing the club needs is to overpay for shit players like Liverpool did with Comolli.

It's possible to bring in fantastic players without CL football if you look in the right places. It's just about not being lazy, and having the right people doing the deals. That could be a bigger problem for Arsenal than the lack of CL football.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Defeat is hard to take. I think a draw would have been a fair result because neither side deserved to lose from their performance. Arsenal passed the ball better and were actually the better side at HT.

You had two shots on target. If Gylfi and Bale hadn't bottled two easy chances we would have scored two more sitters. As Niall Quinn said on TV, only one of the two teams can defend. When Scott Parker is playing defence splitting passes you have a serious problem.

arkon

Not against City, Chelsea (didn't play) and Lazio for example. Goals scored is a deceiving statistic too, against top opposition he's looked about on par with the rest of his team. Hardly world-class.

He scored against City last season at the Etihad, and also scored against Lyon in the first leg of the Europa League tie this season.

Not against City, Chelsea (didn't play) and Lazio for example. Goals scored is a deceiving statistic too, against top opposition he's looked about on par with the rest of his team. Hardly world-class.

"Chelsea (didn't play)". I think that's where your argument falls to pieces.

Lazio both games were 0-0. No one scored. But he has to score against every top side every season? He scored against City last season.

3441313_o.gif

dat flat track bully

Ushojax

"Chelsea (didn't play)". I think that's where your argument falls to pieces.

Lazio both games were 0-0. No one scored. But he has to score against every top side every season? He scored against City last season.

3441313_o.gif

dat flat track bully

Bale also had a goal wrongly ruled out at Lazio in the first 5 minutes.

Fry

We shouldn't be disputing Bale's world class status, but Tottenham's status as a team. I don't think they are very good as a whole.

Kyoufu

Screw it.

Put me in the "Bale is awesomesauce" camp.

£50 million.

We shouldn't be disputing Bale's world class status, but Tottenham's status as a team. I don't think they are very good as a whole.

Agreed. Without Bale they wouldn't be anywhere near top 4.

jtb

Banned

Spurs need a striker, maybe a world class number 10 (could've been Oscar, I guess), and they'll be able to go toe to toe with anyone in the world, imo. Very well rounded squad.

Ushojax

Screw it.

Put me in the "Bale is awesomesauce" camp.

£50 million.

Lloris, Sandro, Dembele, Dawson, Walker, Vertonghen, Holtby, BAE, Kaboul, Caulker, Lennon, Defoe. We have lots of good players. This 'one man team' stuff is drivel.

What if Liverpool didn't have Suarez? What if City didn't have Aguero? What if Everton didn't have Fellaini? Who gives a shit. The best teams have the best match winners, that doesn't mean they are a one man team.

Spurs need a striker, maybe a world class number 10 (could've been Oscar, I guess), and they'll be able to go toe to toe with anyone in the world, imo. Very well rounded squad.

I think we could both use a top striker. More than anything that's what separates the top two from everyone else.

If I'd only seen today's performance I wouldn't call Bale world-class. The amount he's been hyped as the new Ronaldo, excepting one case of poor defending he wasn't able to tear us apart. That sort of nullification wouldn't happen to CR or Messi. He's still one of the best players in the Prem, but a far cry from world top 5.

GolazoDan

Without Bale they'd still be on a par if not better than Arsenal and they're currently near the top 4. Bale's their gamechanger more often than not but the rest of their team's very good.

Messi

i love you rattail <3 ETNEI DI STA MINCHIA.

something something Schelotto better than messi something something

Well, i was pretty angry when we sold him, seeing him scoring/assisting goals against 2 crap teams does nothing for me though(i know he has that quality), call me when he does that shit against real opponents in big games.

Congrats!

I've really no idea, iirc if we lost today, we would have done the worst away run in our history, just after winning 10 away games in a row(also our record).
lol at "Inter-GAF" :(

Pazzini suca.

Nope, but he deserves better teammates. :/

Great heart that inter showed today. Congrats scum :p

Kyoufu

Lloris, Sandro, Dembele, Dawson, Walker, Vertonghen, Holtby, BAE, Kaboul, Caulker, Lennon, Defoe. We have lots of good players. This 'one man team' stuff is drivel.

What if Liverpool didn't have Suarez? What if City didn't have Aguero? What if Everton didn't have Fellaini? Who gives a shit. The best teams have the best match winners, that doesn't mean they are a one man team.

Man Utd did fine without RVP last season.

Arsenal are not doing fine without RVP this season.

Newcastle's CL seasons were thanks to Shearer mostly. Without him we're nothing.

Tottenham without Bale will also be nothing :p

Fry

11682_499697376755849_1574966357_n.jpg

Ushojax

If I'd only seen today's performance I wouldn't call Bale world-class. The amount he's been hyped as the new Ronaldo, excepting one case of poor defending he wasn't able to tear us apart. That sort of nullification wouldn't happen to CR or Messi. He's still one of the best players in the Prem, but a far cry from world top 5.

Uh it happened like, 3 times in the last two weeks.

Not that I'm comparing Bale to those two.

Salvadora

Liverpool without Suarez would certainly be a sight to see. I could see them fighting relegation.

jtb

Banned
speaking of one man teams: thierry walcott has somehow managed to be rack up 18 goals and 14 assists in all competitions so far this season. I'm not quite sure how, but&#8212;hey, they all count, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom