• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

If I'd only seen today's performance I wouldn't call Bale world-class. The amount he's been hyped as the new Ronaldo, excepting one case of poor defending he wasn't able to tear us apart. That sort of nullification wouldn't happen to CR or Messi. He's still one of the best players in the Prem, but a far cry from world top 5.

That sort of nullification was happening to Ronaldo while he was at Man Utd and of a similar age to Bale. Hence all the talk about Ronaldo being a big game bottler earlier in his career, which has obviously evaporated given his recent performances.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Where's that picture that was posted in the last OT: how many points each player won for their team.

Bale was ahead of Suarez.

2013%2f2%2fGoalscorer-Points.jpg

Arnie

Liverpool without Suarez would certainly be a sight to see. I could see them fighting relegation.
Imagine selling your best player after a season where he scores the most goals in the league, and then subsequently crumbling.

Oh no wait we're not Arsenal.

arkon

speaking of one man teams: thierry walcott has somehow managed to be rack up 18 goals and 14 assists in all competitions so far this season. I'm not quite sure how, but—hey, they all count, right?

That's a pretty incredible return. What was his previous best goals tally?

Imagine selling your best player after a season where he scores the most goals in the league, and then subsequently crumbling.

Oh no wait we're not Arsenal.

I like how Arsenal crumbling is still better than Liverpool. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Randdalf

Owen comes across as a real cunt on Twitter to be honest. Just read some of his tweets

You know, if things had turned out differently in his career, he could still have been one of England's best players, one of our greatest ever strikers, still playing at a top level for club and country nowadays. Alas, it was not to be.

Messi

Porto took down my 11 team accum with Valencia last night. I can forgive Porto but Valencia is now on the betting shit list. But Porto wtf happened? 0-0 seriously?

Porto fans, we are still bros

You know, if things had turned out differently in his career, he could still have been one of England's best players, one of our greatest ever strikers, still playing at a top level for club and country nowadays. Alas, it was not to be.

You make it sound like its not his own fault

Match over 2-3 win and a brilliant start to this half of the season despite two huge goal keeping mistakes, still 11 points ahead of #2 and Brøndby are looking even more like a relegation team than ever.

Bayern only won 1-0 against fucking Hoffenheim?

I bet Tim Wiese is throwing a big party today. Bayern should be ashamed, though, 1-0 in Hoffenheim, that's worse than a loss.

Fry

Bayern only won 1-0 against fucking Hoffenheim?

I bet Tim Wiese is throwing a big party today. Bayern should be ashamed, though, 1-0 in Hoffenheim, that's worse than a loss.

Schweine was denied two free-kicks goal because of the fucking post. So unlucky.

Yen

I didn't intend to, it's entirely his own fault.

I'm not so sure, he was a bit of a crock. He always missed about 10 games a season for Liverpool, and when he moved to Newcastle (where careers go to die) in 2005 he was basically finished, in that he had lost all pace.

Kyoufu

I'm not so sure, he was a bit of a crock. He always missed about 10 games a season for Liverpool, and when he moved to Newcastle (where careers go to die) in 2005 he was basically finished, in that he had lost all pace.

oh no you didn't.

We'll see you cunts at SJP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom