• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Barca: He'd go
Real Madrid: A chance, but don't think they'd pay what he's worth so no business to be done
other La Liga clubs: lol

Bayern, Dortmund: He wouldn't move to Germany
other Bundesliga clubs: lol

Man Utd: Liverpool won't do business
Arsenal, Spurs: Don't think he'd be interested, wouldn't be enough of a step up to merit changing clubs
Man City, Chelsea: Could happen, don't think Chelsea want a Suarez-style player

Juve, Milan, Inter: Don't think he'd want a move to Italy unless the situation in England was poor, but he's happy.
No man I don't agree.

Man Utd. - Suarez hates United, United hate Suarez. Impossible deal, even if the clubs wanted to deal which Liverpool wouldn't.

Arsenal/Spurs - Both would need to massively increase their overall squad quality. Would need to be capable of challenging for the PL or he wouldn't be interested.

City/Chelsea - He would be interested in that definitely. City more so since they have better management.

Italy - Cant see him going there and they are poor. No offense but Suarez is a 35-40mil at least player and no one there will pay that.

Germany - Dortmund will under no circumstances pay that fee, no possible deal. Bayern might but why would they? High cost don't really need him. Unlikely.

Spain - Barca can get any player and Suarez is no exception. Will they pay the fee? Rosell is a tight bastard. Real can also get any player definte possibility but I think Real are going to target Aguero instead and will not buy both.

City or Chelsea are the most probable destinations for Suarez for me although Suarez habit of drawing negative attention to himself will annoy the shit out of Chelsea.

GorillaJu

Not hating on Liverpool because I like them, but surely winning the German league, the cup and having a massive, massive shot at the Champions League would still be nicer than playing for Liverpool and fighting for a top 6 spot and Europa League.

Right guys? Or am I alone in thinking that?

Suarez isn't a glory hunter. He isn't a Nasri. If he wanted a free ride to a few trophies he would've pushed for a move to any number on clubs who were surely interested in the last window, but he didn't because he loves Liverpool and he wants to win things with us, as unlikely as it my be. It'd take a club like Barça to prize him away, or perhaps City where he'd still be in the PL, get to play high quality football, be competing for the title, play in the CL and double his salary.

FootballFan

Italy - Cant see him going there and they are poor. No offense but Suarez is a 35-40mil at least player and no one there will pay that.

Of course they can pay it. Swap a player + loan deal with option to buy in installments of 5million euros a year and a shared ownership with a soft drink company.

sohois

I definitely see Bayern as a big draw but not Germany as a whole; Suarez wouldn't move to another german club even if they had the money.

For me, Bayern is the only destination that he would move to this Summer. Liverpool wouldn't sell to an English club I believe, Italy is not enough of a draw, Barca & RM won't be interested this summer and I highly doubt PSG would be an attraction.

I hope really that Liverpool will have learned a lesson from Tottenham; with Suarez on such a long contract there is no real danger in simply refusing his desire to move for a year. He would still go for a large amount the season after but it would give Liverpool a much better chance of pushing for the CL spots.

Lightning

Banned
I hope really that Liverpool will have learned a lesson from Tottenham; with Suarez on such a long contract there is no real danger in simply refusing his desire to move for a year. He would still go for a large amount the season after but it would give Liverpool a much better chance of pushing for the CL spots.
If Liverpool invest enough to make the squad competitive then he probably won't want to leave at all. It's just that Liverpool are losing money and in order to properly invest into the squad either you need to sell or your owner needs to dig into his pockets again.

Don't know the Liverpool finances that well but I heard they recorded substantial losses.

Timurid

I definitely see Bayern as a big draw but not Germany as a whole; Suarez wouldn't move to another german club even if they had the money.

For me, Bayern is the only destination that he would move to this Summer. Liverpool wouldn't sell to an English club I believe, Italy is not enough of a draw, Barca & RM won't be interested this summer and I highly doubt PSG would be an attraction.

I prefer falcao at PSG than Suarez.

Lightning

Banned
I prefer falcao at PSG than Suarez.
How would neither suit you? Very unlikely dude. Even RVP turned PSG down. It's just not an attractive option.

Did I miss something with Suarez? Did he say he's going to leave or something?
Nope he didn't but he has spoken of his desire to play in the CL, as he did when he was at Ajax, and he has said he would consider offers for him.

sohois

If Liverpool invest enough to make the squad competitive then he probably won't want to leave at all. It's just that Liverpool are losing money and in order to properly invest into the squad either you need to sell or your owner needs to dig into his pockets again.

Don't know the Liverpool finances that well but I heard they recorded substantial losses.

For 2011 Liverpool recorded a loss of £40million. However, this figure needs to be considered in light of the exceptional items for 2011. There was a £20million loss caused by impairment and by termination of managers that will not reoccur in 2012s figures. Additionally, we know there would be at least another £10million in commercial revenue from the Warrior shirt deal which was not in 2011, as well as a few extra million from the Europa League. Now, it may be that there would be other unknown costs or reductions in some figures, but it is a fairly safe assumption that Liverpool will be close to breaking even for 2012.

Now, when we consider the budget for 2013, the key thing is TV money. The new deal with probably double the current revenue from TV, meaning at least another 40million in 2013. If we assume Liverpool would be close to break even in 2012, this would mean that 2013 would see a hefty profit available for this summer's transfer window even without any player sales.

Lightning

Banned
For 2011 Liverpool recorded a loss of £40million. However, this figure needs to be considered in light of the exceptional items for 2011. There was a £20million loss caused by impairment and by termination of managers that will not reoccur in 2012s figures. Additionally, we know there would be at least another £10million in commercial revenue from the Warrior shirt deal which was not in 2011, as well as a few extra million from the Europa League. Now, it may be that there would be other unknown costs or reductions in some figures, but it is a fairly safe assumption that Liverpool will be close to breaking even for 2012.

Now, when we consider the budget for 2013, the key thing is TV money. The new deal with probably double the current revenue from TV, meaning at least another 40million in 2013. If we assume Liverpool would be close to break even in 2012, this would mean that 2013 would see a hefty profit available for this summer's transfer window even without any player sales.
Ah okay. That's not bad at all when you consider sales like Andy Carroll are going to add to the kitty.

Regarding Suarez, just woildn't be surprised if City really pushed the envelope for him. They will be in need so they will be pushing someone that's for sure.

Who cares about RVP. We have Ibra. 100x times better player than RVP will ever be.
So stupid. Over the top stupid.

GorillaJu

Did I miss something with Suarez? Did he say he's going to leave or something?

The fact that he's been saying that he's happy, settled, Liverpool is a dream club to him, and I suppose the fact that he's making over 100k p/w now has people certain that he's on his way out.

Really though, it's because he's the best player in the PL, playing for a team in 6th place. One would naturally make assumptions.

Lightning

Banned
The fact that he's been saying that he's happy, settled, Liverpool is a dream club to him, and I suppose the fact that he's making over 100k p/w now has people certain that he's on his way out.

Really though, it's because he's the best player in the PL, playing for a team in 6th place. One would naturally make assumptions.
He has been open about wanting CL football, saying he'll listen to offers. Of course there is an element of assumption but thta same assumption says that Jack is going to quit us this year as well which are irritating.

GorillaJu

He has been open about wanting CL football, saying he'll listen to offers. Of course there is an element of assumption but thta same assumption says that Jack is going to quit us this year as well which are irritating.

Can you point me to where he said he's listening to offers, and that he wants CL football? Because I've read pretty much all there is to be read from him and I haven't come across that, at least not that I can remember.

And Jack Wilshere isn't leaving Arsenal, nobody with any sense believes that they're just getting your goat because its out there chewing grass obliviously in the uncaged meadow. :p

In retrospect, eating pizza for breakfast probably wasn't the greatest idea.

Originally Posted by Yurt:
Suarez is my dream signing.

'Dream'. :(
Mine too. It would be the perfect signing. Destroyer of worlds. :(

Aren't you a Huddersfield supporter? I suppose he could certainly do a number on the Championship defenses :lol

Lightning

Banned
Can you point me to where he said he's listening to offers, and that he wants CL football? Because I've read pretty much all there is to be read from him and I haven't come across that, at least not that I can remember.

And Jack Wilshere isn't leaving Arsenal, nobody with any sense believes that they're just getting your goat because its out there chewing grass obliviously in the uncaged meadow. :p
Oh hell, Viva posted it a couple of weeks ago. Damn I'll try to find it.

Kenka

That was so close... poor Arsenal.

They even haven't played that great actually. If Pirès, Henry or Bergkamp were on the pitch, Bayern would have lost 0-6.

GorillaJu

Yeah I'm seeing a bunch of articles recycling a supposed quote from Suarez about being willing to listen to an offer from Bayern, but none from anywhere respectable, just trash sites like Caught Offside and Bleacher Report recycling an alleged quote.

Nyx

Fuck you Napoli, fuck you Salernitana, Avellino is here!

JlWE6X8.png

Got promoted to the Serie A totally unexpected, and therefore I decided to try an attacking 3-4-3 formation as I have nothing to lose.

FMtalk ftw.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah I'm seeing a bunch of articles recycling a supposed quote from Suarez about being willing to listen to an offer from Bayern, but none from anywhere respectable, just trash sites like Caught Offside and Bleacher Report recycling an alleged quote.
Maybe that's what I read then. Sorry, I take that part back then.

I still think city will try and lure him though.

Zabojnik

Fuck you Napoli, fuck you Salernitana, Avellino is here!

Got promoted to the Serie A totally unexpected, and therefore I decided to try an attacking 3-4-3 formation as I have nothing to lose.

FMtalk ftw.

Perin! Buffon's successor! <3
Probably not.

FootballFan

Where is Andres? He must be so hammered trying to forget what has happened.

Napoli failing, Falcao and Atletico losing the second spot to Real, Zapata on the end of one of the biggest comebacks, James and Jackson failing Porto.

Bad luck Andres! <3

Kenka

We would have won 8:0 with elber, jancker and effenberg!!
You forgot Zickler and Jeremies. I see your point though.
By playing like this, Bayern have no chance against anyone in the 1/4. I hope they step up their game, Martinez, Gomez, Müller and Mandzu were playing at not even 80% of their capacity. They are probably all have untamed masochistic psychopathic tendencies who make them like playing with fire just for the thrill to get burnt.

Blablurn

You forgot Zickler and Jeremies. I see your point though.
By playing like this, Bayern have no chance against anyone in the 1/4. I hope they step up their game, Martinez, Gomez, Müller and Mandzu were playing at not even 80% of their capacity. They are probably all masochistic psychopaths who like to play with fire just for the thrill to get burnt.
Time to remind them that u need to fight and work for a win. The results against hoffenheim and duesseldorf certainly didn't help I guess. I hope we will find the way back soon.

Kenka

Time to remind them that u need to fight and work for a win. The results against hoffenheim and duesseldorf certainly didn't help I guess. I hope we will find the way back soon.
It's all about the focus. They have an objective and have the talent, they just need to not be complacent. Today was a blatant demonstration of their individual arrogance. That can't be good, I hope Hoeness finds the right words to set these snooty milionarios on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom