• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

The 24-year-old, now on loan at Borussia Dortmund, told AS: "I did not fail at Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a number 10. But I do not play behind the strikers.

"I talked to him and asked him why he was playing me there. It is not my real position. The coach could not answer me … Still, no regrets. To play at Anfield was a wonderful experience.

"And maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy. Thank God I have left Brendan Rodgers".

NURI, NURI NURI, NURI SAHIN.

AfvRe8Z.gif

The 24-year-old, now on loan at Borussia Dortmund, told AS: "I did not fail at Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a number 10. But I do not play behind the strikers.

"I talked to him and asked him why he was playing me there. It is not my real position. The coach could not answer me … Still, no regrets. To play at Anfield was a wonderful experience.

"And maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy. Thank God I have left Brendan Rodgers".

iYEOuhvVKR6Gh.gif

bjaelke

Match-fixing to ensure a player is sold? It happens
The ground, a typically soulless Soviet-style concrete arena, attracted a mere 200 or so supporters for this end-of-season top league fixture – probably just as well considering what happened next.

The striker I was watching played a blinder. Every ball forward went to him; he danced past defenders and had shot upon shot on goal. When he buried his first one, the president nudged me and said 'Not bad eh?' with a meaningful smile, and he kept on grinning. Although I lost count of how many times the player ended up one on one with the opposing goalkeeper, a total of two goals and two assists – away from home against what, according the league table, was supposedly the stronger side – would impress any scout … except that I was becoming increasingly uneasy about events as the game unfolded.

Fry

I think his treatment was unfair at Liverpool, but that was uncalled for.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

973244_o_zps35ae9866.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Frontpage of Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona-newspaper): "Barcelona players wants to avoid Juventus in the quarter final"

WHAT? But we want YOU.

I want YOU.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Nicholas Harper ‏@Nicholas_Harper
@AssouEkotto Yo, didn't get a chance to thank you yet. Thanks for the penalty on Sunday. Much appreciated! #YNWA

Benoit Assou-Ekotto‏ @AssouEkotto @Nicholas_Harper noooo problem at all...ur team need it... LOL i hv enough to c'them so far behind us lololololol

masterful

Very touching story

Fernando Duarte ‏@Fernando_Duarte
Barca's president Sandro Rossel one of the names accused of fraud by Brazilian authorities.

Ueflona indeed.

Divers. Druggies. Fraudsters.

What next?

choodi

Banned
Fernando Duarte ‏@Fernando_Duarte
Barca's president Sandro Rossel one of the names accused of fraud by Brazilian authorities.

Ueflona indeed.

Divers. Druggies. Fraudsters.

What next?

Innocent until proven guilty and all but...fucking typical cheating cunts.

faridmon

Good lad with a lot of common sense.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Andrea Agnelli wants Ibrahimovic, and Jovetic, according to GdS. They also report that Ibra is willing to cut his wages to join Juve

John Elkann said no to Ibra though. He's teh money.

Feorax

To be fair, it's not like Nuri put up a lot of fight for his place. Enrique, Henderson and Downing all proved themselves out of position, and look at the good it's done them.

That being said, he's not really much of a Number 10, and I think we could have played him in his more natural position a bit more whilst Lucas was out, as long as we had Henderson or Allen doing the legwork.

It's a shame we're probably going to be focusing on Defenders (and the odd forward) this transfer window, as we could really do with a more physical midfielder with good energy and work-rate, like Diame or Toure for example, to fill the shirt Sahin vacated. That would improve our squad massively.

Fry

We have Messi, Bale and Brendan impersonated on footy-gaf. We need more of that.

Salazar should change to Cleverley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom