• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKaepora

The good ones are walways foreginers
That's more the club's fault for not betting on our youth players.
2 playing tonight. I wish it was zero. At least Carlos "can't pass" Martins isn't playing.

Are you watching the game? Jesus Christ. Almeida is a scrub, Roderick is even more of a scrub. If Martins comes on, I'll go do something else. Put Miguel Vitor in and I won't feel ashamed of watching Benfica's CBs play.

And Gaitán can fuck off. Every loose ball is someone else's problem, amazing.
I disagree with you on this. Almeida has been doing a great defense job and I didn't see any major mistake from Roderick either - he even cut a play were the Bordeaux player would be left alone with Artur. Gaitan is the usual, or does great things or does stupid things.

Like I said, I think is more of a case of Bordeaux giving all to change the score than we playing bad.

Timurid

Haha that's amazing. I'm not too familiar with this guy.. how is he in FM? Looks like he is definitely a guy to look out for in the future from what I see via Google.

Laughed at this.

Mattia Perin is a very good young keeper. Too bad, he plays with the worst defense in Serie A.

Kenka

Do you think guys that with the recent TV deals across Europe, the European cups have lost in importance to the eyes of the managers and the players ? Why compete in Europe if you can make way more bucks by landing a good finish in the domestic league ?

Before, winning the CL was synonymous with prestige, fame, money and glory. But I see a shift in this perception: if you were an EPL manager, would you still be so hungry in the CL/C3 ? I seriously ask this question.

Kenka

I love Serie A with no irony, I swear it. Genuinely find about 10 teams eminently watchable as opposed to like 4/5 in La Liga.

original

Unless you dig watching Pescara-Siena on a Sunday afternoon.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you think guys that with the recent TV deals across Europe, the European cups have lost in importance to the eyes of the managers and the players ? Why compete in Europe if you can make way more bucks by landing a good finish in the domestic league ?

Before, winning the CL was synonymous with prestige, fame, money and glory. But I see a shift in this perception: if you were an EPL manager, would you still be so hungry in the CL/C3 ? I seriously ask this question.

People don't seem to give a shit about the Europa League but the reason getting to the top 4 is so important is because of the money the CL brings. Then winning it obviously gives you more money and of course the best trophy around. So I'd say its a mixture of prestige and money.

rvy

Banned
I disagree with you on this. Almeida has been doing a great defense job and I didn't see any major mistake from Roderick either - he even cut a play were the Bordeaux player would be left alone with Artur. Gaitan is the usual, or does great things or does stupid things.

Like I said, I think is more of a case of Bordeaux giving all to change the score than we playing bad.

He's dumb as a brick, he makes the dumbest passes. And Almeida is nothing to brag about. All he does is defend poorly, this isn't 1985 anymore, fullbacks are supposed to attack. Every time he touches the ball he starts doing dumb step-overs and ridiculous shit.
Kinda like retarded Salvio, as a matter of fact. Another one that's been shit for weeks now. All he does is... nothing? Well, he loses the ball and wins corners with shit crosses.

Yet Nolito is on loan, who happens to be our best winger. Fuck yeah, Jorge Jesus.

Wilbur

Banned
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1677i704F8C130D16446F/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/IG]

Unless you dig watching Pescara-Siena on a Sunday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I like watching Juventus, Napoli, Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Lazio, Udinese, Catania, Sampdoria and Palermo for the lols

In La Liga I like watching Barcelona, Madrid, Atletico, Betis, Malaga and Bilbao.

Scum

I've been wondering. Would it be difficult to have Europa League last 32 games setup and played similar to CL games' fixtures? As in on Tues & Weds, with the exception of games in colder regions where they are obviously played earlier.

People don't seem to give a shit about the Europa League but the reason getting to the top 4 is so important is because of the money the CL brings. Then winning it obviously gives you more money and of course the best trophy around. So I'd say its a mixture of prestige and money.

Win Europa League -> Spot in Group Stage of CL
No third placed CL Group Stage team in Europa League
Make it a tad more financially lucrative.

MrKaepora

He's dumb as a brick, he makes the dumbest passes. And Almeida is nothing to brag about. All he does is defend poorly, this isn't 1985 anymore, fullbacks are supposed to attack. Every time he touches the ball he starts doing dumb step-overs and ridiculous shit.
Kinda like retarded Salvio, as a matter of fact. Another one that's been shit for weeks now. All he does is... nothing? Well, he loses the ball and wins corners with shit crosses.

Yet Nolito is on loan, who happens to be our best winger. Fuck yeah, Jorge Jesus.
I didn't see Roderick making terrible passes today, I probably missed something. Almeida...we are winning, I don't see why he has to go up the field like a crazy Maxi, at least, not at this game. Salvio I agree with you but Jesus...é o mestre da táctica e filósofo do povo.

Kenka

In best case, you get 50M$ from a winning campaign in the CL while from 2013 onwards, a season in the EPL would earn.... -->

The landscape of British broadcasting has shifted dramatically after BT bought a large slice of televised football rights, boosting the Premier League's next TV deal to a record £3bn over three years, a 71% increase.

This equates to at least £14m more per year for each football club, with the bottom team in the league from 2013-14 onwards likely to receive more than the £60.6m Manchester City earned this year for ending the season as champions. Each individual televised match will now cost the broadcasters £6.6m, up from £4.7m under the previous deal.
So where is the motivation for the English teams ? They could very well dissolve the relegation system and do nothing but play between them largely ignoring the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom