• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Probably the worst set of quarter finals possible. Clear favourites in each. At least that sets the stakes for a stacked semi finals at least.

TrueBlue

To be honest, the simple method for winning a CL game is drawing away and winning at home. I mean sure you can win both, but that seems like an easier route.

Kenka

I'm always always confident against the Germans.

But they pretty much fucking owned us a few seasons ago.

A different Juve though
Well you have good reasons for that, your "one-for-all, all-for-one" mentality has always been kryptonite for ze Germans. And Juve is way better as you mentioned which only gives me further the creeps.
So, what about the main dish ? I am getting impatient.

Suen

Ibra hates Barca( minus Pique of course) so he might forget that he's a big match choker and let his rage fuel him to victory!
All that rage he's accumulated throughout the years will finally be released and Barca will buy him back after PSG win. No seriously, PSG looks fucked. The Milan slaughter has probably brought Barca's confidence back.

Now I know why Cakir did what he did.

He knew we'd batter Gala.
I think there is some truth to this. What a cunt he is. I wonder what kind of reception Özil will get in Turkey.

Hope Malaga, Real, PSG (for the lols) and Juve qualify. Sorry Dortmund, I like your team but Malaga has put so much passion this season :(

Zabojnik

Not with Bayern, they are far too potent on attack. Just look at Barca - Milan was in in the tie until the end thanks to the away goal rules.

Yeah, that's my reasoning too, tbh. I feel like Bayern don't really give a fuck about away matches, they (can) play just as good.

Suen

Loooool I'm in the plane with two Juventini (Italians)

They are quite happy we got Bayern.
How can anyone be happy to get Bayern? Are there some PSG fans out there now who are happy to get Barca?

Ibra is suspended for the home game against Barca right?

They're fucked.
Oh right forgot about that bullshit. Didn't deserve two-games suspension. Suddenly made that game less interesting.

Not with Bayern, they are far too potent on attack. Just look at Barca - Milan was in in the tie until the end thanks to the away goal rules.

Well, you can argue just the other way with Bayern's strength. Win an away game with 1-2 or something and you'll make it through easily in the home leg. Although I can see why you're scared of that after Wednesday :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Anyway see you guys in 8 days. I hope there's fucking wifi in my three stars hotel.

Threeeee staaaaaaaaaars

Kenka

So what would the semis look like ?

Bayern - Barça
Borussia - Real ?

Or these teams cannot face one another at this stage ?

Yay, I guess it could be worse, but we're prone to underperforming against so called weaker opponents.
Still nice though.

/also I think Bayern will lose vs. Juve.
//it'll be a draw in both games and Juve will go through on away goals.

Suen

Anyway see you guys in 8 days. I hope there's fucking wifi in my three stars hotel.

Threeeee staaaaaaaaaars
Too many stars for a Juve fan
Kidding, enjoy!

FORZA JUVEEEEEEE!!

tbh I think PSG has a better shot at winning against Barcelona, than Real or Bayern.
We just learnt from Milan's mistake recently.

One shitty performance and suddenly everyone's "Phew, it's only Bayern". That attitude can only help us.

You'd think the recent Barca-Milan match would remind us why one or a few bad matches (Barca) often mean nothing.

fuenf

Well, you can argue just the other way with Bayern's strength. Win an away game with 1-2 or something and you'll make it through easily in the home leg. Although I can see why you're scared of that after Wednesday :D

:) but just look at the last three years: 2010 Bayern beat Florence and ManU thanks to the away goals rule, 2011 they won 1-0 at Inter and lost 3-2 at home. 2012 Real dominated them in the 2nd semi, were up 2-0 but when Bayern got one away goal they couldn't risk attacking anymore.

This season:
Bundesliga Bayern at home 10-2-1 Goals 39:9, away 11-1-0 Goals 28:1
(they didnt care about their CL away games until the round of 16 tho)

Suen

To be fair we've had two bad performances in Bundesliga in a row and we didn't really deliver in the CL so far this season, but it's still a bit funny that people are relieved it's "only" Bayern.
Domestic leagues are always different in my opinion. We've been performing shit against weaker teams in La Liga this season yet managed to do reasonably well against bigger teams in CL. Contradicting in a sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom