• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Like last season when Chelsea played like crap and still beat Benfica.
Bayer was in the same group and they won against Chelsea. Benfica beat Bayer this year. So we have no clue how this one will end.

I would have loved Benfica - Chelsea in order to have a tie worth of a Champions League 1/4. But hey, the spettacolo will be on the pitch nonetheless.

Just saw that Rubin put in a request into UEFA to change venue and play their next EL home games in Kazan again instead of an empty Luzhniki. Rubin haven't lost a European match in Kazan in 7 years, including multiple Barca visits and CL winning Inter. If they're still in the tie after the first leg then it certainly won't be easy for Chelsea in Russia.

TrueBlue

Ugh. Even if we beat Rubin, Spurs will just knock us out in the semis and Football-GAF will spontaneously orgasm over AVB's magnificent beard.

rvy

Banned
Bayer was in the same group and they won against Chelsea. Benfica beat Bayer this year. So we have no clue how this one will end.

I would have loved Benfica - Chelsea in order to have a tie worth of a Champions League 1/4. But hey, the spettacolo will be on the pitch nonetheless.

Fuck that, petrodollars will come into full effect again and we'll get robbed of a penalty.

FEAR CHELSEA

Or fear Benfica players going braindead. Whichever.

faridmon

To those who listen

Why would you play shitty metal music on your crappy cellphone speakers in a public space?

Just calm down. Just ignore those!

Not happy about the draws to be honest. Dortmund V Malaga? two of my favourite teams in CL and they are playing against each other. Blagh!

On the hand, Bayern V Juve? which JT team will overcome the other?

Kyoufu

I'm not very confident of getting past Benfica despite the fact that they play in a shit league and are Porto's bitch.

We lack goals so have to rely on defending to scrape past them. :(

rvy

Banned
I'm not very confident of getting past Benfica despite the fact that they play in a shit league and are Porto's bitch.

We lack goals so have to rely on defending to scrape past them. :(

Google searching shit isn't gonna help your case, son. I'm sorry.
Not to mention you get your shit wrong even when you Google search it.

I wouldn't underestimate us.

A certain Sviatoslav did and got LOL'd at over two legs.

Uh huh. Before the red card Newcastle showed nothing over the two legs that would suggest they were the better team. Newcastle were who I thought they were and Carcela Gonzales let them off the hook!

And don't try to paint me as some sort of Anzhi supporter. I won't lose any sleep over them losing. Anzhi lost 2-0 to the last placed team in the Russian League on the weekend so...basically Newcastle would get relegated in Russia.

Kyoufu

I think you need to look at the league table.

I did.

NPJ7YxQ.jpg

Kenka

Newcastle got through twice thanks to their keepers. Both Krul and Elliott were worldclass.

fuenf, Blablurn and the others: STOP GIVING MONEY TO BILD

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea go to Rubin and play Spurs in the league 3 days later.

all according to AVBkaku

Chelsea go to Rubin and play Spurs in the league 3 days later.

all according to AVBkaku

And Chelsea play United in the FA Cup before the first leg with Rubin as well. Rubin might face some weakened Chelsea squads. HOPE!

BTW, Rubin might play their home game against Chelsea in Kazan instead of Moscow which would make Chelsea's trip even longer. ~500 extra miles!

Kozak

Banned
Now I know why Cakir did what he did.

He knew we'd batter Gala.

Just like the group stages amirite?

I'd go even as far as saying Gala. were unlucky not to get 4 points from the 2 matches against United.

Liking Fenerbahces chances against Lazio. We could easily bore them to a loss.

A Newcastle fan saying that the Portuguese league is shit and they can easily win against Benfica is hilarious, it´s like when Balotelli says that he is better than Ronaldo and Messi.
They couldn´t even win against fucking Maritimo in the group stage.

Just like the group stages amirite?

I'd go even as far as saying Gala. were unlucky not to get 4 points from the 2 matches against United.

Liking Fenerbahces chances against Lazio. We could easily bore them to a loss.
Carrick scored against you.

The last team he scored against before that was QPR.

Gala = QPR.

rvy

Banned
A Newcastle fan saying that the Portuguese league is shit and they can easily win against Benfica is hilarious, it´s like when Balotelli says that he is better than Ronaldo and Messi.

lol, when was this?

Kyoufu

We played our reserves against Maritimo...

We have a different team and squad now. You're comparing group stages with knockout. Are you daft?

It'll be funny when Newcastle get hammered.

I'd like them to win but can't see it.

THey didn't use their best players against Maritimo...

We have a different team and squad now. You're comparing group stages with knockout. Are you daft?

I'm sure Benfica will be scared when you play a formation with no strikers again for the away leg. Mighty Newcastle will try to grind out a 0-0 draw with a humble Portuguese team.

LegoArmo

This is what happens when you give Newcastle fans a sniff of any sort of success, it makes the inevitable collapse even more funny.

You compared Newcastle with Chelsea from last season so I wasn´t the one who started with silly comparisons.
Can you remember the last time Newcastle played in Lisbon? I sure can.

Kyoufu

You compared Newcastle with Chelsea from last season so I wasn´t the one who started with silly comparisons.
Can you remember the last time Newcastle played in Lisbon? I sure can.

Can you remember the last time we beat Chelsea?

Can you remember the last time you beat Chelsea?

Kyoufu

This is what happens when you give Newcastle fans a sniff of any sort of success, it makes the inevitable collapse even more funny.

Actually I don't even care if we lose. I just don't want to get relegated lol.

All I'm doing is defending my club, which any of you mugs would do if someone called your team a "free pass".

You beat Chelsea, Chelsea beat Barcelona...

*gasp*

NEWCASTLE IS BETTER THAN BARCELONA!

And Martins doesn't support Benfica.

I know he's a Sporting fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom