• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
But why is it an American insult I'm so confused by this odd Mexican banter

you understand scouse banter but not mexican banter?? anyways, correct me if Im wrong....nads comes from nats which old USA fans used to call their usa players to support their team. However somehow fellow mexico fans turned that term, nats, into nads for comical reasons, to identify usa players, their fans and their national team overall.

Lightning

Banned
I'm still really fucked off that we lost. Top 4 is going to be so hard now. We have to rely on our buddies Liverpool beating Spurs for us... Fucking Lolerpool!!!!!

GorillaJu

Best likely result for us against Spurs this weekend is a draw. Maybe 2-2, but that implies we scored two which I don't expect to happen unless Vertonghen is having an off day and Assou Ekotto isn't selected.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus could terminate Nicklas Bendtner's contract Sporten.dk's sources say. It's all due to the strikers arrest in Copenhagen last night

:lol Oh Nicky

Homeland S2 starts off with 3 top-tier episodes and 2 great ones, it then goes from good to stupid for a while, then it finishes off strong-ish.

GAF's take on Homeland is ridiculous.

The
confession
episode was brilliant.

How the fuck did Cannavaro win Ballon d'Or in 2006?

WHAT

cannavaro_02_en,property=original.jpg

Lightning

Banned
You should be more worried about Liverpool overhauling you than you catching Spurs
Why would I care about that? Finishing 5th is no different than finishing 10th to me. Fuck the Europa league. Champions League places is everything.

5th or 17th, what's the difference really.
Exactly. Finishing below Liverpool wont make this season any more of a disaster than finishing 5th imo. A battle between 5th and 8th means nothing but e-penis measuring between a set of fans. Totally doesn't interest me and neither does the Europa League.

sohois

Why would I care about that? Finishing 5th is no different than finishing 10th to me. Fuck the Europa league. Champions League places is everything.

Exactly. Finishing below Liverpool wont make this season any more of a disaster than finishing 5th imo. A battle between 5th and 8th means nothing but e-penis measuring between a set of fans. Totally doesn't interest me and neither does the Europa League.

I don't know why you wouldn't be interested in the Europa League. You're not too good for the competition just because you're Arsenal. Not to mention Arsenal could actually win the Europa League unlike the Champions League where they have no chance.

Furthermore, there is the fact of several million pounds extra prize money for finishing higher in the league and the money to be gained for Europa League qualification. It's not a lot compared to the CL money, but a few million isn't to be sniffed at when teams, not just Arsenal are barely making money as it is. So I'd say it's far more than just a dick-waving competition.

Yen

Tony Barrett says Liverpool's accounts show a £40m loss and a £20m increase in debt. I imagine we are still paying for the Comolli era. But still…

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LTTP

My favourite in the MGS series. I have really fond memories of that first playthrough. Some of the boss fights are brilliant.

MGS 2 is still my favourite. (mostly gameplay-wise)

I have a love-hate relationship with the series. I hated the absurd story and crawling from one spot to another but absolutely loved the epic boss fights!

Raiden>Snake

-

La Stampa: Marchisio, Vidal, Lichtsteiner, Chiellini, Giovinco to be rested vs Celtic. Pogba, Giak, Isla, Peluso, Quags to step in

Too risky, Conte.

5th or 17th, what's the difference really.

You'll realise what aload of bollocks that is when it happens to you

Top 10 out-and-out strikers in Europe this season, go!

Suarez
Van Persie
Falcao
Cavani
Suso
El Sharaawy

This is where it gets difficult

Ba
Mandzukic

Rooney and another maybe?

Lightning

Banned
I don't know why you wouldn't be interested in the Europa League. You're not too good for the competition just because you're Arsenal. Not to mention Arsenal could actually win the Europa League unlike the Champions League where they have no chance.
Meh! I doubt arsenal would even try to win the Europa League. As soon as it become February/March we would focus on the PL solely much like Atletico, Napoli and co done in their campaigns. It's a competition that you focus on only if you don't have anything else. And being in the Europa league will cost you Suarez and all your best players if you don't get out of it, same with us and any other top club. Europa League, success and best players just don't mix.

Even if we are in it next season I would only want us focusing on it if the top 4 spot was guaranteed tight. Otherwise worthless, expendable competition meant for bottom feeder clubs.

You'll realise what aload of bollocks that is when it happens to you

Top 10 out-and-out strikers in Europe this season, go!

Suarez
Van Persie
Falcao
Cavani
Suso
El Sharaawy

This is where it gets difficult

Ba
Mandzukic

Rooney and another maybe?
Cavani will leave Napoli, Falcao will leave Atletico and its only a matter of time before Suarez leaves Liverpool (may happen this season) because all want the same thing which is the biggest stage. Europa League can only damage a club like us, not help.

Meh! I doubt arsenal would even try to win the Europa League. As soon as it become February/March we would focus on the PL solely much like Atletico, Napoli and co done in their campaigns. It's a competition that you focus on only if you don't have anything else. And being in the Europa league will cost you Suarez and all your best players if you don't get out of it, same with us and any other top club. Europa League, success and best players just don't mix.

Even if we are in it next season I would only want us focusing on it if the top 4 spot was guaranteed tight. Otherwise worthless, expendable competition meant for bottom feeder clubs.

Bottom-feeder? You're absolutely clueless mate

dc89

1000 pardons if already posted but I'm on mobile and you can't really search the thread. It's epic anyway.

@themichaelowen do you play football?

“@JT1zzle: @themichaelowen do you play football?”

Not much nowadays but I shook the World in my day. What have you done in life?
https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/308156031828099072

@themichaelowen in answer to what I have done, served and protected your country in the army, 6 years of physical work without injury
https://twitter.com/JT1zzle/status/308171660824027136

What an utter bell sniff Michael Owen is.

1000 pardons if already posted but I'm on mobile and you can't really search the thread. It's epic anyway.

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/308156031828099072

https://twitter.com/JT1zzle/status/308171660824027136

What an utter bell sniff Michael Owen is.

The worst part is saying 'shook the world' about yourself. That's the kind of overly romantic, melodramatic, doe-eyed sentimentality that should be reserved for eulogies and overlong RAWK posts. Saying it about yourself is wierd, the kind of shite Dennis Reynolds would come up with

dc89

The worst part is saying 'shook the world' about yourself. That's the kind of overly romantic, melodramatic, doe-eyed sentimentality that should be reserved for eulogies and overlong RAWK posts. Saying it about yourself is wierd, the kind of shite Dennis Reynolds would come up with

He was good in his day, but he's hardly shook the world :lol

qindarka

Banned
I'm still really fucked off that we lost. Top 4 is going to be so hard now. We have to rely on our buddies Liverpool beating Spurs for us... Fucking Lolerpool!!!!!

Don't worry unduly. You can still catch up to Shitsea who are yet to play United, Liverpool and Spurs.

Updated the supporters list, including nuking Fady from all teams that aren't Chelsea.

You missed me out. Then again, I don't post here much anymore.

Lightning

Banned
Bottom-feeder? You're absolutely clueless mate
I don't see the attraction to it, I really don't. Such a backward step, it's like falling down a cliff.

When you've had 16 years of constant CL football which is like the beautiful blond date then all of a sudden you end up with Europa League which is the big fat lady you want to pretend you don't know!

Just beat Spurs you silly Lolerpool!

I don't see the attraction to it, I really don't. Such a backward step, it's like falling down a cliff.

When you've had 16 years of constant CL football which is like the beautiful blond date then all of a sudden you end up with Europa League which is the big fat lady you want to pretend you don't know!

Just beat Spurs you silly Lolerpool!

You'll care when you're in it.

Something I never noticed before is how boring it is when you only have league games left, with no real aims past 'must finish higher than eighth'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom