• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

A few other things of note from the Liverpool accounts are:

Since the end of the financial period, the club has contracted for the purchase and sale of various players and extended some existing player contracts. The net amount payable resulting from this activity is 38.7 million. This activity willl be accounted for in the year ending 31 May 2012. The cumulative effect on the profit and loss account since the period end in relation to the gains on sales of players is 8.4 million loss.

I'm not sure if this also includes the January trading

edit: actually likely there has been no decrease in the wage bill, the 10month reporting period threw me off. Bear in mind this was before Rodgers came in.

Most intriguing thing in the Liverpool accounts is the £120m refinancing loan on top of a £50m loan from FSG.

Shows just how tight cash if at the club. Next years TV money and commercial revenue increases will help but really CL/New Stadium are urgently needed.

Salazar

"I never eat carbs". Aston Villa's Stephen Ireland has strict pre-match rules.

Christ, he's king of the divs

Did he receive even the most perfunctory kind of education, or was he heading a football against a wall from age 3

elseanio

Yeah, I have no idea why its 10 months

edit* ahh, Ian Ayre explains why here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/ian-ayre-discusses-financial-results

Within this period we made an executive decision that we wanted to align our accounting period with the months that coincided with the season. What we previously had was a situation where the season would finish and everything would stop in football terms, but our financial year would carry on until just before we started playing football again. It made the most sense that you finish the season and everything finishes at that point - so we aligned the accounts in line with that and that chopped off a couple of months at the end of the year. That's the reason for a 10-month period.

dc89

Car collection fit for a God.

SNN1521CC-380_986736a.jpg

snn1627aa_682_782226ajlswnhl.jpg

Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

Rafa Benitez is expected to leave Chelsea next summer and Cech reckons Mourinho is the best candidate around to replace him.

Mourinho won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and two League Cups during his first spell at the Bridge and is eyeing a comeback.

Chelsea keeper Cech said: "We had a fantastic success with him, so why not? He is a fantastic manager.

"Of course the fans sing his name. Jose Mourinho did a fantastic job for the club and people loved him, so he rightly deserved that.

"This is the way it should be, the fans should pay their respect for the players and the ex-players who come here to the Bridge."

ibp8ZiXl3dbrYA.gif

Luis Cubilla has passed away.

399px-Cubilla_1966.jpg

He was a likable player and coach, so friendly.... rest in piece

Campeonato nacional de Uruguay: 1 (1981)
Campeonato nacional de Paraguay: 10 (1978, 1979, 1980, 1982 1988, 1989, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999)
Campeonato nacional de Colombia: 1 (1983)
Copa Libertadores: 2 (1979, 1990)
Copa Intercontinental: 1 (1979)
Recopa Sudamericana: 2 (1990 y 2003)
Copa Interamericana: 1 (1979)
Supercopa Sudamericana: 1 (1990)
Copa Nehru: (1990)

How Barça will play against us, according to Sport:
Niang, El Shaa and Bojan will love that defense. Zapata and Mexes will probably hate everything Barcelona-related after the match.

Also, lol @ Abbiatti.

Noirulus

I'm also seeing reports of the Barca 4 man front-line on the internet. Milan will get wrecked if they don't park that bus extra hard.

bjaelke

Football in Denmark needs a player like Bendtner to reach a wider audience [outside football]. It wont have a negative effect on him at all. The bigger clubs are looking for players with an edge.
Oh boy. That's coming from a media consultant.

Oh boy. That's coming from a media consultant.

Fernando Olsen? Such a little attention whore, you know it's bad when Aabrink, the little fat guy from Horsens folkeblad with a blue suit and Christian Andersen makes a lot more sense than you in debate shows.

Where should I be buying it from?

I don't really understand all the hullabaloo about Greenmangaming. If I buy it from there now will they send me a key straight away?

Never bought from GMG but pretty sure they send straight away. Pre ordered it months ago so not sure where's cheapest now.

bjaelke

Fernando Olsen? Such a little attention whore, you know it's bad when Aabrink, the little fat guy from Horsens folkeblad with a blue suit and Christian Andersen makes a lot more sense than you in debate shows.

Yup. Caught the debate on Onside. I felt sorry for him. I'm not sure if he even knew what kind of bs he was spewing out. He just wanted to pick a fight or something.

vOkBz2L.jpg

"Mou prefers Chelsea before PSG"

J. Mendes said that Real Madrid called Abramovich several times to take Mou back @ Chelsea at the end of the season. Chelsea is the first choice of Mou btw so it's Roman turn to make that possible.

But Roman is not sure that signing Mou is the good choice, he is still thinking about.

If Roman don't sign Mou, he will go to Paris (PSG).

It's said that the signing of Mou could open the doors to CR7, he is probably leaving this summer. This could be a pack mou + cr7 for chelsea or PSG

J. Mendes is the agent of mou, cr7 and falcao.

It's is said that they can all come to the bridge this summer if Roman want them

Come on Romaaaaaaaaaan

Yes I chose to put all my faith in this French newspaper, don't question it.

confuziz

Banned
Last night I had an amazing dream about tomorrow's match.

Statistics: United 0 - 5 Real Madrid

5' Rooney injured
15' Van Persie (OG) 0-1
17' Ronaldo 0-2
19' Ronaldo 0-3
21' Red card Welberg
45' Kaka in/Benzema off
70' Kaká 0-4
87' Casillas (PG) 0-5
90+10' Fergie sent off

Nostradamus has spoken!

Did he receive even the most perfunctory kind of education, or was he heading a football against a wall from age 3

Why? Eating carbs the night before exercise doesn't benefit everyone.
I know quite a few people who refrain before halves / marathons so not surprised some footballers would.

Edit: Just seen the cars... I take it all back.

Wilbur

Banned
Lightning you're an embarrassment. You cry about being shit now, about not challenging for trophies and how all the board focuses on is CL qualification and nothing more...

... and then declare that Arsenal are too good for the EL, that being one of the 16 best teams in Europe but going out anyway should take precedent over winning a trophy.

What an absolutely fucking appalling attitude. And I hope you qualify for neither competition because its embarrassing.

Last night I had an amazing dream about tomorrow's match.

Statistics: United 0 - 5 Real Madrid

5' Rooney injured
15' Van Persie (OG) 0-1
17' Ronaldo 0-2
19' Ronaldo 0-3
21' Red card Welberg
45' Kaka in/Benzema off
70' Kaká 0-4
87' Casillas (PG) 0-5
90+10' Fergie sent off

Nostradamus has spoken!

If you say 5-0 for Madrid, it will probably turn into a blowout for United.

Noirulus

No, that's a 3-5-2 with two wing-backs.

Juve's formation.

I see. I guess Alba and Alves will look to push the attack hard though, and with Iniesta/Xavi servicing the creativity, it could get ugly for Milan.

Or it could backfire. A Puyol/Pique/Busquets defense isn't very threatening, especially with the Barca defenders falling in form.

Zabojnik

How awesome is Klopp? So awesome. Love his football philosophy. "We want to win, but if we lose playing our way, that's okay." Not sure how that would fly in Italy or in those few top clubs where you're always expected to win the league / CL. Hope he stays with Dortmund for a long time, but it would be fascinating seeing him at, say, Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom