• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

After Bungie's post last night I've done some digging on Wes Anderson and I can't believe I've not watched more of his films.

Going to try and watch Moonrise Kingdom after the Christian Benteke show tonight.

Meier

City sizes are a huge disappointing, but whatever got it for like 15 euros through their indian store. Already got quite a few regions set up with GAF members after fantastic metal murphy work :D

http://metalmurphy.org/SimCity/

What the what, how did you manage that?! I was going to skip it for the time being because I want to save some cash but I'd be all over that shit..

After Bungie's post last night I've done some digging on Wes Anderson and I can't believe I've not watched more of his films.

Going to try and watch Moonrise Kingdom after the Christian Benteke show tonight.

Tenenbaums is still my favorite after all these years. Bottle Rocket is pretty good but it's easy to tell that it was early on -- if you haven't seen it, you could probably skip it. Rushmore is must see viewing. Moonrise is still the only one I haven't seen yet.. in the queue to rent it from the library one of these days.

Benteke has been on a roll but I could see City earning another CS versus Villa.

What the what, how did you manage that?! I was going to skip it for the time being because I want to save some cash but I'd be all over that shit..

I'm bad at exchange rates, just went back to check and it was 23 euros!

There was some exploit where you could just pay through their indian store if you entered a fake adress, there was a thread about it on GAF (about battlefield premium), I got premium and sim city pre order.

Speaking of battlefield, the last DLC looks so sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfIWxBPityA

iRFmGPKxi7cBn.gif
ib18rPBrF7gie7.gif

Same.

There's tons of flaws, and insane nonsense, but I found the entire saga to be thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, and when that final scene ended I wasn't filled with deep disappointment, as seems to be the case with some. In fact I found the final scene to be really great, to be honest.

It was just one of those things that I'll remember about growing up. I watched the entire thing, including the pilot, with my brother.
Same here.

Also think watching it week to week as it aired made it more compelling.

BF4 will look even better.

Too bad I don't enjoy that series :(

Well I didn't mean the graphics as much as how awesome it looks driving those bikes. Love battlefield, 3 wasn't as good as 2 (the usual EA way of going downhill) but it's still easily my favorite online shooter of this gen, console versions sounds like shit though with 24 (lol) players limit, that's not battlefield!

Well I didn't mean the graphics as much as how awesome it looks driving those bikes. Love battlefield, 3 wasn't as good as 2 (the usual EA way of going downhill) but it's still easily my favorite online shooter of this gen, console versions sounds like shit though with 24 (lol) players limit, that's not battlefield!

The console versions were okay until they took away the official servers

Slizz

Man this sucks. I have to drive 30 minutes to class and 30 back to take an open book test that will take under 30 minutes..... What a waste of gas.

Noirulus

It takes me 15 minutes to commute from my place to my University. Thank fuck Ottawa has great public transportation.

I've got two midterms on Wednesday that require at least 20 hours of studying in total. Oh god I'm thoroughly fucked.

Slizz

It takes me 15 minutes to commute from my place to my University. Thank fuck Ottawa has great public transportation.

I've got two midterms on Wednesday that require at least 20 hours of studying in total. Oh god I'm thoroughly fucked.

10-15 minute walk to the bus stop. Then if I'm lucky I'm only waiting 10 minutes for a bus.

Danish news got a reporter outside Juves stadium live reporting because of Bendtner... That tells quite a bit about how little we have to report about here.

Clegg

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja

Usmanov !/3): We have not been approached by any party, regarding the possible sale of our stake in Arsenal...

Usmanov(2/3): Should there appear any such bidder, my answer will be as it has always been: we have no intention to sell our Arsenal shares.

Usmanov(3/3): I am a big fan, and this is a strategic investment for us.

Noirulus

10-15 minute walk to the bus stop. Then if I'm lucky I'm only waiting 10 minutes for a bus.

That sucks. :/ I'm a little lucky this year as I live close to a train that takes me directly to my Uni. I have to find a new place next year though so I'll likely have to face 30 - 40 minute commutes again. I hate buses.

Carbonox

Unlucky Pointless contestants. 2 chances left

OMG noooooooooooooooooo

1 to go

SO HARSH

No monies

I hate it when that happens. Either it's fixed cos BBC are too cheap to hand out the measly prizes cos of their Jimmy Saville kid fund nearly bankrupting them years ago (probably), or there are some right cunts out of there who thought they'd be clever and name the most obscure answers to fuck with the contestants.

Wilbur

Banned
This is the year Wigan goes down. Reading are for sure.. Villa seems like a realistic possibility.

I reckon Wigan will go down but it would be nice if Martinez managed to stay in the PL and tossers like Pulis can go. Stoke are underwhelming considering the money they've spent.

Mertesacker needs a break? Please send this guy back to Germany in the summer. Not good enough.

I don't think he's been that bad. He's adapted quicker than I expected. He's been better than Vermaelen and Koscielny anyway. Koscielny in particular is a huge liability. But I think the manager has to take the blame for your poor defending. These are international defenders that he can't mould into a solid back four, and it's been that way for the past few years.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BAE:

"YESTERDAY IN WHL WAS AMAZING!!!! Great atmosphere thanks. For ur support u was top class! So proud to b spurs. Player head up today LOL"

iAnmWRd7RM3K4.gif

Yen

#LFCU21s team to face Southampton tonight: Gulacsi, Roddan, Wisdom, Sama, Jones, Coady, Morgan, Teixeira, Shelvey, Suso, Adorjan

Lightning

Banned
I don't think he's been that bad. He's adapted quicker than I expected. He's been better than Vermaelen and Koscielny anyway. Koscielny in particular is a huge liability. But I think the manager has to take the blame for your poor defending. These are international defenders that he can't mould into a solid back four, and it's been that way for the past few years.
Wenger should take majority of the blame but Mertesacker doesn't really fit our style of defending. Our line is too high, which is awful when it's exploited, like spurs done excellently in yesterday's game and he's just not mobile enough. He's fine when we sit back as we have done many times but when we're actually attacking and trying to score he gets caught out quite a bit.

Koscielny really needs to be moved on as well and the captaincy really has affected Vermaelen's form. He's been shocking this season but its frustrating because we don't concede that many goals but when you look at how we concede it highlights poor defending and/or goal keeping majority of the time. That is so so frustrating and then Wenger comes out with "I don't understand how we lost yesterday" because it was clear how we lost. We defended poorly when put under pressure and our attackers (Giroud and Walcott) weren't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom