• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Dunno, it always does that for me in Chrome. It's because when you refresh it takes you to the last place you were at on the page(your post if you just posted). So when you refresh it takes you to your post even though there might be new posts.

The last place where I was is the bottom of the page though, not my previous post. This never use to happen before for me in Firefox.

jtb

Banned
It only takes you to your last post if you're refreshing the page right after you posted something (ie. it has your reply in the url along with the page and thread). This happens in Safari for me too. (unless I'm misunderstanding the problem?)

Zabojnik

It only takes you to your last post if you're refreshing the page right after you posted something (ie. it has your reply in the url along with the page and thread). This happens in Safari for me too. (unless I'm misunderstanding the problem?)

Oh, yeah, you're right. Didn't notice the url. I wonder why it didn't happen before. Odd.

pulga

Banned
Maradona on Messi:

Messi can't bail out Barca every game. People should get it in their heads that his name is Lionel, not Savior, like that dumbfuck Bilardo. His name is Leo.

Other Maradona points:
-Messi is harder to get a hold of on the phone than Obama.
-Barcelona's dip this season is due to a bad pre-season
-He wants to coach Messi at Barcelona someday
please please please someone oblige him lololol
-Aguero is the striker Madrid needs, and a perfect compliment for Ronaldo.
-He'd want Pepe on his team.

1362404746_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Messi is amazing, but I want to see what he can accomplish in a team that isn't one of the greatest of all time.

Messi's drop is parallel to Barcelona's drop, but it goes both ways.

Fergie's ruled Jones out. I think we're going to see:

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Evans - Evra
Cleverley - Carrick - Kagawa
Welbeck - van Persie - Rooney

Nani/Young maybe instead of Welbeck and Giggs instead of Kagawa.

So light defensively though, fuck. Ron Ron gon' have a field day. Clev or Shinji can't do a job defensively, Ozil's gonna have all the space in the world.

We're going to lose.

Wasn't Giggs going to start? Without Jones...gulp. Not looking good.

I think it will be:

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Giggs
Welbeck - Kagawa - Rooney
RVP

Arnie

I missed both Clasicos last week, and was quite surprised to see Madrid come out on top in both. Says it all that Barcelona can have this mini crisis but still be nailed on to win La Liga, though.

FootballFan

I still don't get this We have to go back thing :( Do I have to watch Lost?

Small followup from the Clasico:

I thought those were Madrid fans! Barca has ultras?

Yes, the Boixos Nois. They were banned from the stadium by Laporta though. Then they were allowed back in but with stricter rules.

When Laporta became president he was getting death threats all the time from those idiots. Threatened his family too. Same people that threw the pig head at Figo lol.

Viva, what are you going to do next week? I'm worried about your team, you've got 5 players who don't have fixtures, and another (Cameron) who hasn't been getting game time. I'm only gonna be able to put out 10 players myself without taking a hit on transfers.
I think I can put out 9 as it is. Ill make a change or two, at least one to get 10 out, possibly take a hit for 11.

I missed both Clasicos last week, and was quite surprised to see Madrid come out on top in both. Says it all that Barcelona can have this mini crisis but still be nailed on to win La Liga, though.

That speaks by itself about the La Liga general quality. For me Barça had a lot of problems the whole season that the smaller teams couldn't take advantage.

It also shows how Madrid throw La Liga down the toilet with that awful month, thanks to the players and Mou.

I still don't get this We have to go back thing :( Do I have to watch Lost?

Yes. Or you could watch that scene directly but I wouldn't recommend it.

FootballFan

Messi is amazing, but I want to see what he can accomplish in a team that isn't one of the greatest of all time.

Messi's drop is parallel to Barcelona's drop, but it goes both ways.

But he is a big part of the reason people call this Barca "one of the best of all time". When he is marked out of the game, I really don't see anyone else scoring.

It was different with Eto'o and Henry in 08/09. Messi had 35+, Eto'o had 35+, Henry had 25+ goals.

That is a good amount of sharing. Now it's more like Messi 70+, second top scorers Fabregas/Villa 15 or less.

I loved that 08/09 team. :(

Linius

Only watched the first two seasons of Lost. Decided to check out the 'we have to back' bit on Youtube...

So they are actually off the island or is it just a dream?

I'm not going to watch the rest so spoiler it for me Lost Gaf.

Tc91

Yeah, I fucked up. Only gets you £69. Fuck it then

How do you make the guaranteed money?

I want to know this as well.

£50 on United win pre match then in-play £50 free bet on Madrid or draw? Is that the way you do it?

Also if you have to 'reroll' the winnings wouldn't you just put it on like over 0.5 goals in a Barca match?

But he is a big part of the reason people call this Barca "one of the best of all time". When he is marked out of the game, I really don't see anyone else scoring.

It was different with Eto'o and Henry in 08/09. Messi had 35+, Eto'o had 35+, Henry had 25+ goals.

That is a good amount of sharing. Now it's more like Messi 70+, second top scorers Fabregas/Villa 15 or less.

I loved that 08/09 team. :(

Most people will never acknowledge how good was Eto'o for Barça. His work between the defense lines and his speed made barça a much better team than now. Defenses actually had to look for someone more than Messi.

Barça fans might not agree, but when Pep built the team around Messi with that "fake forward" bullshit this was going to happen sooner or later.

Only watched the first two seasons of Lost. Decided to check out the 'we have to back' bit on Youtube...

They are actually off the island in that season, but Jack feels that his place is the island and that's beacuse he is the "choosen one" and the show becomes a good vs evil thing. In the last season all the characters can be seen in some kind of alternate world when they never have been in the island, thats nothing more that the "afterplace" a place they were reunited after they died. So the show Jack ends dying and saving the world while the Jck from that afterplace realizes he's dead and recover his memories just like all the other characters....yeah, kidding I'm not.

£50 on United win pre match then in-play £50 free bet on Madrid or draw? Is that the way you do it?

Also if you have to 'reroll' the winnings wouldn't you just put it on like over 0.5 goals in a Barca match?

Yeah. Or Man Utd to win the league :p

But you still lose money if Man Utd don't win if you do that :(

Spoiler for all seasons of lost :

Quite a few of them goes off the island, they even meet Michael on a ship at one point. Then they go back and then travel back in time to when DHARMA were working on the island by setting of a nuke (seriously one of them bangs with a rock on a nuke). Then they have a seperate reality/purgatory kind of deal where all their lives are completely different but they still all meet each other in different ways. Oh and Locke dies off the island and his body gets taken over by THE MAN IN BLACK/the black smoke when they return his dead body to the island anyway.. and he walks around in John Lockes body. Then Desmond pulls some giant buttplug out of a golden shower cave, Jack dies and Sayid ends his days on Lost as a suicide bobmer in a submarine. It's... Hard to explain if you don't watch it lol

Linius

Spoiler for all seasons of lost :

Quite a few of them goes off the island, they even meet Michael on a ship at one point. Then they go back and then travel back in time to when DHARMA were working on the island by setting of a nuke. Then they have a seperate reality/purgatory kind of deal where all their lives are completely different but they still all meet each other in different ways. Oh and Locke dies and his body gets taken over by THE MAN IN BLACK also known as the black smoke... and he walks around in John Lockes body. Then Desmond pulls some giant buttplug out of a golden shower cave, Jack dies and Sayid ends his days on Lost as a suicide bobmer in a submarine. It's... Hard to explain if you don't watch it lol

Say what now? :lol

They should have filmed it like you put it there, would be awesome.

I've not seen all of Lost, but they were off the island, (well, 6 of them) but went back because they had to stop Locke or some shit :lol

Gets seriously mental over the next few seasons apparently.

Edit: lol at Wooden's spoiler, reminds me exactly why I don't want to watch the rest :p

FootballFan

Most people will never acknowledge how good was Eto'o for Barça. His work between the defense lines and his speed made barça a much better team than now. Defenses actually had to look for someone more than Messi.

Eto'o was fantastic, still one of my favourite Barca players. His goal to game ratio is just so good. A goal every 2 games for nearly every team he was in.

Cameroon 111 games 53 goals

Real Madrid 6 games 0 goals
Mallorca 165 games 69 goals
Barca 201 games 129 goals
Inter 101 games 53 goals
Anzhi 52 games 28 goals

70 assists added to those too.

Clegg

I don't even disagree with people pointing out all the lost flaws but... Still loved it anyway, although season 5 kind of sucked. Season 6 I was however back with a hard on.

I loved the first three seasons. Didn't enjoy seasons 4 or 5. Really disliked season 6.

I don't even disagree with people pointing out all the lost flaws but... Still loved it anyway, although season 5 kind of sucked. Season 6 I was however back with a hard on.

I really liked Jack character and a few others. When you left aside all the bullshit they built around the plot and focus on the characters (and embrace the cheese) it becomes very enjoyable. I cried like a bitch in the last episode.

Arnie

Same.

There's tons of flaws, and insane nonsense, but I found the entire saga to be thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, and when that final scene ended I wasn't filled with deep disappointment, as seems to be the case with some. In fact I found the final scene to be really great, to be honest.

It was just one of those things that I'll remember about growing up. I watched the entire thing, including the pilot, with my brother.

3Sixty

If this is the 365 offer they do every now and then its like this.

Bet £50 of your money pre match, then bet £50 of you own money in play, THEN you get a free bet.

Most Freebets don't return the stake also.

Yen

Same.

There's tons of flaws, and insane nonsense, but I found the entire saga to be thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, and when that final scene ended I wasn't filled with deep disappointment, as seems to be the case with some. In fact I found the final scene to be really great, to be honest.

It was just one of those things that I'll remember about growing up. I watched the entire thing, including the pilot, with my brother.

Agree with all this.

Arrested Development is where it's at

COME ON!
My favourite AD joke

Tc91

If this is the 365 offer they do every now and then its like this.

Bet £50 of your money pre match, then bet £50 of you own money in play, THEN you get a free bet.

Most Freebets don't return the stake also.

Oh. Fuck that then.

Edit: Wait. Have you got it wrong 3Sixty?

Place a pre-match bet on the Man Utd v Real Madrid game and we will give you a free In-Play bet to the same stake during the big match.

So if you bet £50 of your money pre match they match that £50 with a £50 free in-play bet.

3Sixty

Oh. Fuck that then.

Edit: Wait. Have you got it wrong 3Sixty?

So if you bet £50 of your money pre match they match that £50 with a £50 free in-play bet.

Oh right, I'm sure they have done it the other way before.

I'd still be worried about not getting the freebet stake back after a win.

Edit:

To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max £50*).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom