• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Woy was in charge of Liverpool that night yes.

Ian Sampson (manager at the time's) Celebration in the pouring rain at the end was wonderful.

Gonna go try and find it on YouTube.

Trade ya Varane for Pepe (YOLO) and maybe find a way to convince the little cunt to play on the right so Falcao can have the middle, and it's pretty much my starting XI.

Formation haters are gonna have a stroke :lol

Varane is a god. Almost as good as Jonathan Evans.

BundesFORMATION

Adler (for talent) or Neuer (for lols); Piszczek, Hummels, Dante, Lahm; Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Gundogan; Reus, Muller, Ribery

ItaliaFORMATION

Buffon; Campagnaro, Barzagli, Chiellini; Ibarbo, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Cuadrado; Cavani, Jovetic

Meier

I was staying at their house, one of their flatmates I'm sweet with went back to Manchester but let me have the room key. Went back to their flat after the club and some girl was there (apparently my mate just shouted 'anyone wanna go back to mine' when the club was finished because he didn't want to get a taxi back on his own and she said yeah. Classy girl.) When I said I was off to bed she just decided to tag along :lol
Admit it, you've stolen this story from an episode of Jersey Shore. Well, I guess Geordie Shore given your team.

K1LLER7

We doing league teams of the season?

EPL: De Gea, Rafa, Nastasic, Evans, Clichy, Carrick, Fellani, Suarez, Michu, Bale, RVP.

Michu doesn't get enough credit nowadays.

3Sixty

If I recall you beat us 2-0 in the FA cup a few years back when you were in League one.

Southampton are one of the teams I'd like to stay up this season, I desperately want QPR, Wigan and Sunderland to go down out of the teams at risk.

Ah yes, remembered well down here as it was Lambert's first goal for the club. Only just realised I was at the game for his 1st and 100t!

Cheers we are good enough to stay up but football is a funny old game. Still no idea how we lost to QPR.

Gonna go try and find it on YouTube.

Already tried to find it, all there is is really bad camera phone footage of the penalties.

the big ol' tank Akinfenwa wasn't with us that season either.

Cheers we are good enough to stay up but football is a funny old game. Still no idea how we lost to QPR.

Yeah that's true, to be fair though, you beat City 3-1 as well, so I guess the form evens out somewhere.

Wilbur

Banned
We doing league teams of the season?

EPL: De Gea, Rafa, Nastasic, Evans, Clichy, Carrick, Fellani, Suarez, Michu, Bale, RVP.

Michu doesn't get enough credit nowadays.

I was doing what team I'd pick to face a Rest of World XI or something. But yeah, Michu would get into team of the season probs.

Linius

Ajax are probably the dutch side I like most. The youth system over there is just remarkable and amazing.

That's good to hear. Buying young Danish talents is the big secret.

feyenoord are currently producing the better talents, though.

That Boëtius kid is a good one. Though we have some youngsters on their way now. Denswil and Veltman are looking good for the future. You might know them from the Next Gen Series.

pulga

Banned
581912_559590160737880_396267376_n.jpg

There is too many of you cunts around also.

I've added like 4 new madridistas <3 <3 <3

Meier

Thanks to fairly pedestrian seasons for Tevez and Aguero, the league is lacking a bit in great strikers this season (RVP and Suarez) but any midfield selection is going to leave a lot of worthy guys benched.

Bale, Cazorla, Mata, Yaya, Wilshere, Gerrard, Schneiderlin, Fellaini, Walcott, Michu, Silva, etc. have all been great.

Edit: Realized I'd left out Bale after my phone was in my locker at the gym. Surely forgot others who are worthy. There is a glut of riches.

Arnie

There's actually much more to it :lol

And Arnie, pretty sure it's not Hallem. Not 100% though, we went to Leadmill again.

Leadmill's right opposite the Hallam accommodation, so it probably isn't. Were they really nice flats? Student ones? Could be Endcliffe.

Leadmill's the other end of town for me, rarely go unless it's a special night.

FootballFan

A tad harder to do it for La Liga because despite there being a few very good teams, outside of maybe Falcao and Isco it'd all be Barca/Madrid. I'd have:

Casillas; Ramos, Pepe, Puyol, Alba; Alonso, Busquets, Iniesta; Ozil, Messi, Ronaldo.

Messi and Ronaldo in the same team probably wouldn't work but FUCK IT..

Fuck alonso.

Casillas; Ramos, rami, pepe, alba; biscuits, iniesta, benat; messi; fat cow and Ronaldo the piece of shit.

Beñat or isco but isco is a bit too attack minded to fit in there. Ramos hasn't been fantastic this season but he is there with Casillas because they are better than the rest usually.

Zabojnik

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Link please.
KuGsj.gif

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMpblaqkYTU

Juventus - Celtic preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h35QpcXFpIA

Tomb raider is better at being uncharted than uncharted 1 and 3. It's really Fucking ggood .

It really is. Finished it earlier today. The only thing that didn't really pull me in was the
overly supernatural
story and the meh-ish characters surrounding it. Can't beat Drake, Sully, Chloe and Elena.

K1LLER7

Thanks to fairly pedestrian seasons for Tevez and Aguero, the league is lacking a bit in great strikers this season but any midfield selection is going to leave a lot of worthy guys benched.

Cazorla, Mata, Yaya, Wilshere, Gerrard, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Michu, Silva, etc. have all been great.
Yeah strikers haven't been firing much goals.

I'd say RVP, Suarez and Defoe(?) are pretty much at the top this season. Chicharito would be up there if he played more. He's on 15 goals or there about, so far this season.

Hixx

If I recall you beat us 2-0 in the FA cup a few years back when you were in League one.

Southampton are one of the teams I'd like to stay up this season, I desperately want QPR, Wigan and Sunderland to go down out of the teams at risk.

Suck my chuff.

Leadmill's right opposite the Hallam accommodation, so it probably isn't. Were they really nice flats? Student ones? Could be Endcliffe.

Leadmill's the other end of town for me, rarely go unless it's a special night.

We had to get a taxi like, wasn't really walking distance. Their house was right next to West Street if that helps?

Kyoufu

Why Sunderland? Aside from the fact that they are boring as shit.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilshere is so overrated. I hate all of you.

He's certainly not been influential enough to make a team of the year for this season, even if I expect him to win a fare few in the future.

Five minutes ago Kyoufu was saying Bale is overrated, so lets ignore him for now.

I just think a few times I've seen Arsenal completely outclassed now but Wilshere still stand out as a quality player, and again I wouldn't be picking him for a team of the season.

Fuck alonso.

Casillas; Ramos, rami, pepe, alba; biscuits, iniesta, benat; messi; fat cow and Ronaldo the piece of shit.

Beñat or isco but isco is a bit too attack minded to fit in there. Ramos hasn't been fantastic this season but he is there with Casillas because they are better than the rest usually.

Rami's been pretty solid this year from what I've seen, and Benat's a good shout. But Alonso's awesome and so important to the way Madrid play for the most part I think; exploits any space behind a defence wonderfully and gives Ronaldo and Di Maria a lot to run onto.

Why Sunderland? Aside from the fact that they are boring as shit.

Nothing against them, just I prefer Southampton, Newcastle and Reading to them.

Wigan have outstayed their welcome in the prem, how they can lose 9-1 to Spurs and 8-0 to Chelsea in the same season and stay up I'll never know.

pulga

Banned
EW763.jpg

Q9i6f.png

lol I've finally figured out this is what Fry's been crying about all this time.

Fuck alonso.

for one second I thought you wanted Kaka on your team :lol

Kyoufu

He's being compared to Ronaldo and Messi by thick as shit media commentators. You were saying he ain't even that good, I'm sure of it :lol

Nah I said he's not as good as Ronaldo and Messi technically.

Did you get on the BBC phone in on Saturday? Some skunk fan from London, called omar and iirc that is your name, was on saying Spiderwank was.... Well, wank.

OMAR COMIN

nah I haven't listened to BBC Newcastle in a while.

Spiderwank is wank though.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah I said he's not as good as Ronaldo and Messi technically.

You were definitely doing more than that, you were doing your Kyoufu thing of tongue in cheek hyperbole. I love you for it, but just shut up okay and leave me alone

Wilshere's gr8

FootballFan

Rami's been pretty solid this year from what I've seen, and Benat's a good shout. But Alonso's awesome and so important to the way Madrid play for the most part I think; exploits any space behind a defence wonderfully and gives Ronaldo and Di Maria a lot to run onto.

I disagree, fuck alonso.

Kyoufu

You were definitely doing more than that, you were doing your Kyoufu thing of tongue in cheek hyperbole. I love you for it, but just shut up okay and leave me alone

Wilshere's gr8

I know you want him playing for Frogson but at this point you could buy Ramsey and still win the league.

Arnie

We had to get a taxi like, wasn't really walking distance. Their house was right next to West Street if that helps?

You were probably about 15 minutes from mine. West Street is halfway between me and the Leadmill side of town. My Uni building is just off West Street.

Wilbur

Banned
He is.

So is De Gea.

and your hairless belly.

If anything my belly is underrated, not nuff honeyz wan lick vodka from its crevices

Top 5

Manchester United: 15.8%
Liverpool: 13.1%
Arsenal: 9.7%
Chelsea: 6.9%
Real Madrid: 6.2 %

There has to be more Barca fans. There just has to.

Also lulz at Morsel crying about Manchester United OT when there's only two percent in it. C'est la vie.

Wilbur

Banned
Big game tomorrow!!!! (Think we'll lose)

Uni in the morning, should be back in time for the match and order a takeaway :D

Ronaldo, van Persie, Ramos to score. We lose 2-1.

I start work at 11, finish at half 5. Home by half 7 at the latest. Eat my fucking dinner, leave a bit so I can throw it in anger/joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom