• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Villa have just run out of ideas. Awful watching them play.

Work it out wide and cross to Benteke pass it back to defense and do the same.

Meier

Guzan has been great tonight. Reminds me of Schwarzer in the first Fulham game.. he was a worldbeater that night and they almost managed a draw due to it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Villa are so awful. They've had so much of the ball but not delivered one decent cross for Benteke.

Lightning

Banned
See how Nasri ran at the defender then as if he was lagging? Nasri of 3 years ago wouldn't have done that, he'd have been on fiber optic speeds and he'd have blazed past him.

Arsenal didn't sell us Nasri, they sold us an imposter.
Then send him back!!!!!!

We could use the Nasri of 2 years ago in our current squad. Your toxic environment is slowly poisoning him is the problem.

Wilbur

Banned
Neither team can really take many positives out of that. City looked pretty poor throughout and only got their goal through a defensive slip up, while Villa look pretty woeful. Lambert's gamble of going for youth from lower leagues just hasn't paid off. Been pretty unlucky with Vlaar out for long periods and of course Petrov, there's some wise old heads there that he could have done with.

Salvadora

See how Nasri ran at the defender then as if he was lagging? Nasri of 3 years ago wouldn't have done that, he'd have been on fiber optic speeds and he'd have blazed past him.

Arsenal didn't sell us Nasri, they sold us an imposter.
You got the Nasri who was at Arsenal.

It was a good match for Benteke to show off his skills as a potential Lewandowski successor (fending for himself, holding balls) and I did see glimpses of quality here and there, but tbh, I'd much rather we signed someone more experienced proven.

FootballFan

It was a good match for Benteke to show off his skills as a potential Lewandowski successor (fending for himself, holding balls) and I did see glimpses of quality here and there, but tbh, I'd much rather we signed someone more experienced proven.

David villa for götze.

Wilbur

Banned

To be honest he's very good and he'll thrive at a better team with better service. He'd probably do very well at Dortmund.

jtb

Banned
Does Nasri ever play centrally at City? I know Mancini doesn't really believe in formations or wingers or any of that fancy stuff, but the only time Nasri ever looked world-class was when he was playing centrally (and Cesc was injured) as a number 10-type iirc. Not unlike Arshavin.

I saw City smash Spurs a while back at WHL. It was arguably the most impressive team performance I've seen in recent memory; the football was so silky. In other news,

rhRpgex.png

Salvadora

He was never worth his hype but still better than Gervinho or our current players not including Santi.

I think we would be singing the praises of Arteta (again) if he was playing in his old position.

I'm interested in hearing about the player dc and seemingly Mancini thought he was getting.

To be honest he's very good and he'll thrive at a better team with better service. He'd probably do very well at Dortmund.

Hmm, I see. I guess I need to watch more Villa games then.
The rumors are currently pointing to him, Dzeko or Hanover's Diouf atm.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just seen the result as I wasn't able to watch.

Figures. Plus Delph out for our two biggest games of the season with suspension. Just great.

dc89

City, Sevilla and Braga all win! I should have put more on than just £3. But still, £10 is always nice.

I wasn't that confident with City tbh.

dc89

30 - Joe Hart has kept 30 clean sheets in the Premier League since August 2011, nine more than any other 'keeper in that period. Safe.

@OptaJoe

Awesome. 15th (?) clean sheet of the season tonight - well on track for a third consecutive golden glove award.

pulga

Banned
FORMATION TIME

What I want

--------------Lopez
Ramos - Pepe - Varane - Coentrao
---------Alonso - Khedira
Di Maria ---- Ozil ---- Ronaldo
-------------Benzema

What we'll get

--------------Lopez
Arbeloa - Ramos - Varane - Coentrao
---------Alonso - Khedira
-------------Higuain

What Im afraid of D:

--------------Lopez
Arbeloa - Ramos - Varane - Coentrao
-----Pepe - Alonso - Khedira

D_prOdigy

On a Monday right? I'll get to watch it then.

Can we have won the title by then? I want a guard of honour.

I have been shamefully working this out and I don't think it's likely - or winning it on the night. We've got about 6 games after that and I don't see City dropping more points than us up til then.

dc89

Mancini - Rodwell out for 3-4 weeks. I feel sorry for him.

And Aguero will not be fit for weekend. May be back for Everton game.

Meier

Just noticing Podolski has 9 assists to go with his 8 goals. He's had a pretty quiet season for being involved in a pretty good number of goals. You'd never guess that Theo has only been involved in 3 more goals than him.

Wilbur

Banned
If you guys had to pick a side from the Premier League to play against a rest of world XI for some reason, who would it be? Like, Mignolet's been the best keeper this season for me but I wouldn't pick him. Would also have to be a proper team that could actually work as opposed to fucking morons at the back of FourFourTwo putting Messi and Ronaldo up front in a 4-4-2 formation. I'll give it a think.

City's next 4 away fixtures are ghastly.

Spurs are one of them right?

FORMATION TIME

Whatever it is, you're scoring twice. Don't be scurred.

I have been shamefully working this out and I don't think it's likely - or winning it on the night. We've got about 6 games after that and I don't see City dropping more points than us up til then.

So if they lose one before then and now, and we win all our games up until that match and then win that match... its a possibility?

Tc91

Neville talking about Dembele. Missed it damn.

One of my favourite CM's in the Premier League, wish United would of gone for him. He's like a mini Yaya Toure.

Meier

30 - Joe Hart has kept 30 clean sheets in the Premier League since August 2011, nine more than any other 'keeper in that period. Safe.

@OptaJoe

Awesome. 15th (?) clean sheet of the season tonight - well on track for a third consecutive golden glove award.

Just went through the fixtures and it looks like it was his 13th as far as I can tell. Pantilimon has 3 in the FA Cup games.

City have 10 clean sheets in Nastasic's 17 games. What a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom