• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Haha I'm torn. I think Palermo are hilarious but they always manage to fuck us over, so I don't know if I want them to survive the drop or not.

Then, I also like Siena as a feeder squad for Juve.

genoa is our feeder but palermo is my #2 (my pops is from there) so i'd rather see genoa and siena go down. hoping they draw today.

i do feel bad for siena though, if it weren't for the six point penalty they would be a lot safer.

edit: right after i posted this siena scored haha. 1-1 at genoa

Wilbur

Banned
I'm only joking, although I would say United do have a tendency to get too relaxed once they go in front.

Sounds like Lloris' injury is a minor knock. Hope he's back soon.

Yeah, we do it all the time. We look great until half time for the most part; get a goal, threaten to get a few more, dominate possession and put together some nice moves. Then we play shit for half an hour before deciding we might be in trouble and start to try again.

The United Way ©

win at Swansea please, can't have those gooner fucks getting excited

Kyoufu

Against Norwich at home? Madrid at home? Fulham at home? Newcastle home and away? City and Chelsea away? Arsenal at home?

63% possession away
The vast majority of shots
Great defensive performance

I'm not complaining you salty fucks
banter
bro

salty

When your team actually decides to pop their heads above the bathtub of anonymity and crush Gareth Barry's spirit further, then you can comment Kyoufu. Then. And only then.

salty bro

Arsenal at home was sooooooooo boring. Oh my god that game was so bad.

Sissoko will eat Barry alive.

arkon

Against Norwich at home? Madrid at home? Fulham at home? Newcastle home and away? City and Chelsea away? Arsenal at home?

63% possession away
The vast majority of shots
Great defensive performance

I'm not complaining you salty fucks
banter
bro

salty

When your team actually decides to pop their heads above the bathtub of anonymity and crush Gareth Barry's spirit further, then you can comment Kyoufu. Then. And only then.

salty bro

It's blates bantz breh

I would do bad things to get a shot at Kat Dennings. My other irrational crush

Nothing irrational about this at all.
KatDenningsSept10TIFF.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Carrick has been our best player this season. RVP was our best until January but he's lost form since then.

Carrick, RVP, Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, DDG, Evra, Cleverley, Rooney and Hernandez have by and large been really good. Kagawa, Welbeck, Vidic, and Giggs shining intermittently.

The rest can do one. Giggs can stay because of the Madrid game, and Buttner because he's a lovable little cunt.

Still no Mark Noble for West Ham today, but Kevin Nolan returns - Sam's bemoaning the lack of goals in the press, but he isn't about to change the way we play to achieve those goals, which is a real shame as I don't think we're going to fare well against West Brom today. Our midfield is too lightweight and I can't see us breaking their defence. But if Sam's going to persist with Carroll as the lone man up front then we need to see some better service and support, which he just isn't getting at the moment. Of course, the few chances that have come to Carroll he's disappointingly squandered, but he's got to put one away sooner or later, right? Meanwhile, Chamakh & Maiga have fallen so far out of favour that they're not even on the bench - I don't know why Sam always buys strikers that offer him something different from lone-men like Cole & Carroll, only to never use them and never try anything different. He did the same thing with Sam Baldock, who I thought was a promising young lad whose only fault was that he wasn't a typical Sam Allardyce striker.

Zabojnik

Dat Quags. Ordinary administration from our part so far, I'd say. Senza gloria, senza infamia. Vidal should've buried it on that lovely pass inside the penalty box. Just fucking shoot it, bro. Zanetti's handball was accidental, Bonucci's too. I suppose the ref could've given a penalty on Bonny's, if he really really wanted. I'm glad he didn't. :D

I can see Inter putting one past Gigi in the second half. Gotta score another asap.

Wilbur

Banned
Still no Mark Noble for West Ham today, but Kevin Nolan returns - Sam's bemoaning the lack of goals in the press, but he isn't about to change the way we play to achieve those goals, which is a real shame as I don't think we're going to fare well against West Brom today. Our midfield is too lightweight and I can't see us breaking their defence. But if Sam's going to persist with Carroll as the lone man up front then we need to see some better service and support, which he just isn't getting at the moment. Of course, the few chances that have come to Carroll he's disappointingly squandered, but he's got to put one away sooner or later, right? Meanwhile, Chamakh & Maiga have fallen so far out of favour that they're not even on the bench - I don't know why Sam always buys strikers that offer him something different from lone-men like Cole & Carroll, only to never use them and never try anything different. He did the same thing with Sam Baldock, who I thought was a promising young lad whose only fault was that he wasn't a typical Sam Allardyce striker.

West Ham have been pretty shit all season really, just saved by the shitter teams below them. They're easily safe though. Can see you staying around for a while.

arkon

United have thrown down the gauntlet today. Can City keep pace in this tightly contested title race? I've a feeling it'll go down to the final day again.

Meier

Ugh, did Nastasic pick up a knock on international duty? I can't fathom any reason why he wouldn't be starting let alone on the bench otherwise.

West Ham have been pretty shit all season really, just saved by the shitter teams below them. They're easily safe though. Can see you staying around for a while.

We started out pretty well, but that went to pot once our defence got shook up by injures - we've definitely been given a helping hand by how woeful some of the teams below us are though. I think we should be safe this season and that Sam can provide us with the stability we need going forward, but it'd be nice to feel like a threatening team once in a while, rather than a team grinding out the results.

Empty

starting to get a little excited about the plausibility of the record points total. such a perfect way to expunge what happened last season.

Top Bottom