• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

It has been 6 years since you scored you twat.

GorillaJu

Jones is doing a good job marking Hazard, but it's like United are playing with 10 men. He's not once made himself available for a progressive pass.

Nah it's a prayer muslims do. I don't see the problem either, who the hell cares if someone pray to thank their god or not. If people are going to have problem with Ba doing imagine how frustrated they must be each football weekend with people drawing the cross which is a far more common occurence. If people seriously have issues with this they have too much time on their hand and I can only hope more people will do it to piss them off. Muslim, Hindu, Jew, Christian, Atheist...who gives a fuck, let them celebrate in a non-offensive way and enjoy the football.

Here's my opinion on the subject (you need to read on from there):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40103508#post40103508
Religion taints sport and should have no place in it.

GorillaJu

It bothers me that footballers think God (whichever religion) gives a shit about football matches, and whether or not they score. Placing way too much importance on themselves and their actions, which are meaningless in a greater context.

Yeah, that angle is even more hilarious with mma fighters, boxers, etc.
JESUS, GRANT ME THE STRENGTH TO SMASH MY OPPONENTS BRAINS IN

It bothers me that footballers think God (whichever religion) gives a shit about football matches, and whether or not they score. Placing way too much importance on themselves and their actions, which are meaningless in a greater context.

If they take their religion seriously then I think it's actually that they believe God controls everything in their life, and therefore thank God for everything good that happens to them.

I would expect this to be the case for Muslim players anyway.

Top Bottom