• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Meier

If you go in the Barca dressing room right now I bet you'll find Messi wired to a blood transfusion machine.

You know they're using the Lance doping methods with this guy. Here's another angle of the goal.. what.a.pass. Great finish too, mind you.

9c858b48-940c-4482-9deb-403d90517e6c.gif

Suen

I wish. Gazprom are a sponsor of the Champions League. To avoid a conflict of interest Zenit and Chelsea agreed to exit the competition in the group stage.
I will accept this as a good, legal excuse for Zenit, Chelsea had to exit in the group stages because they sucked.

Lightning

Banned
That was fantastic from Alves and he has put PSG under immense pressure. That's the crucial away goal and now PSG need goals themselves or their gone.

Suen

So should I keep watching the Bayern - Juve game or should I switch to PSG - Barca? :(

Juve doing nothing but defending mostly and Bayern is not doing a good job at finishing.

arkon

Not surprised at the Pirlo stat. They've had someone on top of him prertty quickly after he's got possession. He's also given the ball away with some silly mistakes though.

Noirulus

They've done well tbh. Ibra, Silva and especially Lucas have been good. Ibra should have done better with one of his chances but that is why people know him as the knockout round flop.

Valdes has been good, Pique and Masch pretty bad, everyone else average. The goal was fantastic.

The goal was good, no doubt. Deserved lead for Barca.

The problem with PSG is that their tactics/focus were weak. I was only able to watch about 15 minutes of the first half and what I could surmise is that their midfield pressuring has been subpar. Sometimes they're content with sitting back, and other times they're on somewhat of a berserk mode.

There's a thirst for win but not enough solidity in the tactics/mentality to obtain it. Tito 1 Ancelotti 0

Edit: And wow, leaving Messi unmarked for that goal was absurdly dumb. Top class pass/finish though.

Not surprised at the Pirlo stat. They've had someone on top of him prertty quickly after he's got possession. He's also given the ball away with some silly mistakes though.
Yeah, and some of his worst errors, including for the goal, were under no pressure. Just sloppy.

FootballFan

It's amazing movement IMO. Shows how hard it is to play vs Barca.

He's just sitting in a hole. PSG are focusing on the defence. They clear the ball and then look to get back into shape, Alves pick the pass out so quickly and perfectly. Before the defence even know what's going on it's in the back of the net.

Really not much they could have done to stop it apart from clear the ball further out.

they don't want to believe bro.

Meier

Paul Carr from ESPN:

"The last time Lionel Messi started a club game & came off at/before halftime was March 2008 vs Celtic."

Crazy.

Top Bottom