• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

The ugly ones would be the best for the German coefficient. That said, I hope Frankfurt or Gladbach make it.

For real, we're not really forced to prop the coefficient any more (for now). I'd love for some classic team to somehow get in on the CL action. I guess Schlolke and Hamburg (because they'd probably spend out of their butt to prep their team) would be the safe bets. Maybe Hannover as well, though Slomka might leave them.
But yeah, I'd much rahter see Gladbach or even Frankfurt trying their luck.

FootballFan

Barcelona (4-3-3): Pinto; Adriano, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Cesc, Busquets, Iniesta; Alexis, Messi, Villa

Rayo Vallecano (4-2-3-1): Ruben; Tito, Galvez, Figueras, Arbilla; Adrian, Trashorras; Carlos, Dominguez, Piti; Delibasic

Might not be top of the list but does add experience. Especially if they can't get a younger keeper for the price they want.

Should go for a cheeky loan bid for Courtious, I'm sure Chelsea would accept.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
They've done a great job this season, deserve a spot if anything.

edit: on another note I can't believe Malaga lost against Espanyol today lol.

Champions League effort? It's not like Malaga has depth in that squad.

Lightning

Banned
Below in what? Stats?
Quality. Mignolet and Begovic make very few errors. Cesar makes a few errors, especially will being exposed by QPR shit defence. An Arsenal keeper would be exposed because we push up so much and our fullbacks bomb forward a lot so we need a keeper who isn't error prone.

FootballFan

Quality. Mignolet and Begovic make very few errors. Cesar makes a few errors, especially will being exposed by QPR shit defence. An Arsenal keeper would be exposed because we push up so much and our fullbacks bomb forward a lot so we need a keeper who isn't error prone.

Valdes + 15m for Wilshere.

(btw Cesc starting for us if you want to watch, game is in 30minutes)

Peco

There's no love for experienced players at Arsenal :(
I kid, Begovic is my favorite

mirror.co.uk: Dortmund double: Manchester City plan £50m raid for Marco Reus and Ilkay Gundogan

Manchester City are planning a £50million double bid for Borussia Dortmund duo Marco Reus and Ilkay Gundogan in the summer, writes the Sunday People.

Blues scouts have been following the German ­international pair for months and the club stepped up their interest last week.

Director of football Txiki Begiristain flew to Dortmund to run the rule over the players as they helped to see off Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League.

But last season’s Bundesliga champions are reluctant to sell – and ­neither player is in a rush to move.

Striker Reus, 23, is under contract for a further four years, while 22-year-old playmaker Gundogan has a deal through to 2015.

Both are aware of City’s interest but have told friends it will take an ­unbelievable offer to prompt them to move – even if his club are ready to do business.

A top German source revealed: “Dortmund do not have to sell, and the players would not ­necessarily regard it as a step up to join Manchester City.

“They are playing in front of 80,000 fans in ­Germany and are making more progress in the Champions League so they are not looking to leave.”

Meanwhile, City are poised to break the British transfer record with a £52million raid for Radamel Falcao

No chance, but the article reminded me of Gündogan's expiring contract. Hope we'll get him on a new one soon. At times he seems like Xavi 2.0

I think City should rely on talent and older, slightly burnt out players, like Sneijder, Ibra, Robben or maybe Gomez. Players who just want to rake in cash and don't really care for trophies all that much.

No chance, but the article reminded me of Gündogan's expiring contract. Hope we'll get him on a new one soon. At times he seems like Xavi 2.0

I think City should rely on talent and older, slightly burnt out players, like Sneijder, Ibra, Robben or maybe Gomez. Players who just want to rake in cash and don't really care for trophies all that much.

Anyone moving from Dortmund to Man City could only be doing it for the wages

Was is Txiki who wanted Sinclair, Rodwell and Maicon?

Hixx

Would love to see Reus and Gundogan in the PL but like you say, not going to happen.

Hixx

SOme thoughts on todays game

Mignolet: had nowt to do, literally their only shot on target went in, dunno where he was for it though. Solid and brave against that cunt Holt, though.
Gardner: Larsson mk 2 - in the side for his set pieces solely.
O'Shea: HOW HAS THIS FUCK WON SO MANY THINGS HE IS HORRENDOUS
Cuellar: He's such a good tackler but everything else is 'oh my god what the fuck is he doing' territory
Rose: tried too hard at times today but it came off a few times... lucky his handball didn't cost us the game.
AJ: He is not a conventional winger and if we are going to try and use him as so he is wasted. Him and Sess should be used as inside forwards and just have a holding trio in midfield because none of our midfielders are any fucking use around the box anyway.
Vaughan: I think he wears an invisible neck brace. He has to completely turn if he wants to look to the left or right and he gets himself in so much trouble with it.
LArsson: dogshit and his set pieces are dog shit I really do not like this cunt
Sess: Poor today yet still looked by far the most likely to make anything happen
Graham: works hard which got whoosits sent off, neat passer but not what we needed in Jan
Fletcher: superb footballer but disappears too much when he has a partner. NEEDS to be the focal point

O'Neill: suck my dick

SOme thoughts on todays game

Mignolet: had nowt to do, literally their only shot on target went in, dunno where he was for it though. Solid and brave against that cunt Holt, though.
Gardner: Larsson mk 2 - in the side for his set pieces solely.
O'Shea: HOW HAS THIS FUCK WON SO MANY THINGS HE IS HORRENDOUS
Cuellar: He's such a good tackler but everything else is 'oh my god what the fuck is he doing' territory
Rose: tried too hard at times today but it came off a few times... lucky his handball didn't cost us the game.
AJ: He is not a conventional winger and if we are going to try and use him as so he is wasted. Him and Sess should be used as inside forwards and just have a holding trio in midfield because none of our midfielders are any fucking use around the box anyway.
Vaughan: I think he wears an invisible neck brace. He has to completely turn if he wants to look to the left or right and he gets himself in so much trouble with it.
LArsson: dogshit and his set pieces are dog shit I really do not like this cunt
Sess: Poor today yet still looked by far the most likely to make anything happen
Graham: works hard which got whoosits sent off, neat passer but not what we needed in Jan
Fletcher: superb footballer but disappears too much when he has a partner. NEEDS to be the focal point

O'Neill: suck my dick

Bring back Ricky Sbragia.

Holy poop, Gündoğan is 22? Dude looks old.

Really? Hmm, I don't think so. Facial hair =/= old to me.
6uaS3pO.jpg

Anyone moving from Dortmund to Man City could only be doing it for the wages

Yeah, but most of our promising players have a career to build and get their profile out there (for ad revenue). That's why Kagawa moved. He assumed that there is a ceiling reached in Germany as far as the aforementioned stuff goes. Lewandowski thinks similarly. Sahin on the other hand was just an idiot.
They still haven't made it to the top, so I don't think they'd receive insane wages, even at City. It'd be probably around 2-3m more than in Dortmund (atm.) Though Gündogan is still on an old contract, so for him the wage might increase threefold.

But still, I'm not really afraid for our German stars up until WC 2014. After that they might have achieved a stardom level, which would allow them to move and still retain a certain degree of "brand awareness". They could basically do what Khedira and Özil did after WC '10.

Would love to see Reus and Gundogan in the PL but like you say, not going to happen.
Not yet, but it could happen eventually (though Götze and Hummels would probably chose to go to Barca if they tried to get them).

Hixx

We play very similar to how we did under Ricky Sbragia.

Frightening parallels to that year actually... last day against a great team, ended up relying on Hull and the Mags losing... oh god it's going to happen again

Top Bottom