• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

I think he may be confusing gross versus net. It's definitely not true in terms of gross transfer costs since we know they must have paid something similar to that for Sahin's loan alone let alone for Reus, etc.

They only spent around 300k for Shinji.

Gross transfer spend in the last 5 years (according to transfermarkt.de)

1 - Bayern Munich - £136m
1 - Borussia Dortmund - £0,7m

mt5O3AB.jpg
Fo real?

ya, source (in english):
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/borussia-dortmund/transferbilanz/verein_16.html
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc-bayern-munich-/transferbilanz/verein_27.html

/Yeah, Reus fee was avg. out be Sinji's fee.

//oh yeah, I confused net with gross.

Scum

Pleased with the result, especially considering the Spurs result. Puts us in a decent position for the international break.

You have a shitty schedule after the break, don't you?

It's all secret agent Gallas' fault. His OG at San Siro meant too many players burned out after extra time and Lennon's hanstring couldn't handle the extended cameo.

If we recover well and get our energy back in this break, I'm still confident. I expect a lot of our players will pull out of international duty now.

I wish I could share your optimism, but I trust AVB. Always loved the guy and hope for the best for him. :D

Unlike Gallas. Oi, Yurt. Straight swap for Chiellini. What do you say??

Messi

Wy the fuck would we be worried about Fulham? In the last 5 games against them we've scored 10 and conceded 1, they are shit and even worse away from home. If we can't beat this lot then we don't deserve top 4. The thought of Senderos against Dembele and Bale is already amusing me.

As long as Bryan Ruiz is kept in check they have no danger men, Berba's great but planks like Sidwell and Karagounis aren't going to be able to get the ball to him.

joan-laughing.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

In my defense, I didn't think AVB would play two left backs, Naughton, or that Dawson and Lennon would get injured. We played a tired, awkward team today and by the end Bale had got injured as well.

faridmon

If QPR and Reading weren't so shit, relegation fight would have been saucy this year. The gap between 11th place and 17th place is only 4 points.

So the expenditure alone is:
Bayern: £181.37m
Dortmund £59.58m

But yeah, when put against revenues it avg. out to almost nothing for us :)

Lightning

Banned
It's all secret agent Gallas' fault. His OG at San Siro meant too many players burned out after extra time and Lennon's hanstring couldn't handle the extended cameo.

If we recover well and get our energy back in this break, I'm still confident. I expect a lot of our players will pull out of international duty now.
Keep the hope mate. Swansea away, then Everton and still matches against City and Chelsea. Going to be fun to watch Spurs in April.

You should progress against Basel as well which will be welcome.

Ushojax

Keep the hope mate. Swansea away, then Everton and still matches against City and Chelsea. Going to be fun to watch Spurs in April.

You should progress against Basel as well which will be welcome.

I think it's worth remembering that as much as we bottled it last season, we did finish fourth and missed CL on a technicality. We have to recover well during this break, too many key players flagging and getting injuries.

Dembele was god-awful today, as was Parker. That injury to Sandro is killing us . I can see why AVB is trying to involve Livermore and Carroll more, because we cannot rely on two CMs alone.

feel

I want FIFA 14 to have the Champions league and the Europa. That would be awesome
Fuck that. PES reboot better have those.

edit- the best would be both games to have the cool licences of course (EPL, UCL, etc), but we just know that won't happen sadly

I think QPR aren't fully out of it yet - look who they have in April.

Fulham (A)
Wigan (H)
Everton (A)
Stoke (H)
Reading (A)

Points to pick up there. FURGEDABOUT May though with Arsenal/Newcastle/Liverpool

Clegg

Summerbee is a genuinely terrible pundit.

He's the most one eyed bitter City fan in existence. Everything he says is framed around his hate towards Manchester United.

He's a joke.

Ushojax

Asked if fatigue was a reason for Tottenham's below-par performance, Villas-Boas said: "No. We played lots of players who were not involved recently and had a couple of fresh legs on the pitch five at least."

Yeah........no. It's all well and good changing the back 5 but the front 6 was mostly knackered.

I think QPR aren't fully out of it yet - look who they have in April.

Fulham (A)
Wigan (H)
Everton (A)
Stoke (H)
Reading (A)

Points to pick up there. FURGEDABOUT May though with Arsenal/Newcastle/Liverpool

QPR can't even get a win out of a game against Villa that they'd been absolutely dominating for 45 minutes. They're going down :[

Yeah........no. It's all well and good changing the back 5 but the front 6 was mostly knackered.

Managers don't like admitting to fatigue, as its an indirect criticism of their wider squad

Remember when O'Neill went ballistic because Terry said (rightly) that they were confident of beating Villa in the second half as they tended to tire because of O'Neill's non existent squad use? Good times :p

Top Bottom