• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

FootballFan

Wow anyone saw that?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/giorgos-katidis-nazi-salute-aek-athens_n_2893072.html

6B9jgygl.jpg

Greek player does nazi salute after scoring a goal.He got a lifetime ban from the national team.

"Get rich or die trying" tattoo. lol

Zabojnik

Anyone think Roma will beat Parma tonight?

I think so, yeah. Parma at great at the Tardini, average away.

I'm rewatching Game of Thrones Season 2 on blu-ray. I still have a few problems with it, but somehow I'm appreciating it 10x more the second time around. It really is a beautifully shot series. The blu-rays are worth it for the commentaries alone.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah........no. It's all well and good changing the back 5 but the front 6 was mostly knackered.
I think it's worth noting that Fulham didnt play last weekend so they had a 2 week break on spurs for this game who had matches against Liverpool and a hard away game to Inter.

Played a big part in that result I feel.

jtb

Banned
Arse-GAF, are we more likely to buy a striker or a goalkeeper in the summer transfer window?

Wenger's more likely to pull the trigger on a keeper, I think, after dropping Chesney. But then, how many fucking seasons have we had the same old problems at the back—so who fucking knows?

Kenka

Rofl, everyone is up for the 4th place in the BL.

kKlCgty.png

None of these teams are ready to advance past the qualifying stage, honestly.

Can we go back to there being no Arsenal fans in here? :p

I kid, still not happy about the result, last week I could take, Inter we still got through but this one? Painful.

Unless we have Lennon, Bale and Dawson on the pitch against Swansea I fear another disappointing result.

What annoys me about Bale through the middle is that when it doesn't work we don't put him on the wing, a lot of our play came from crosses today, the best crosser in the team kept staying central and dropping deep today. Fair enough against teams who pack the wings, then chuck him in the middle but today Fulham really didn't do anything special or park the bus they just set up and played around us. Dembele had an absolute shocker.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it's worth noting that Fulham didnt play last weekend so they had a 2 week break on spurs for this game who had matches against Liverpool and a hard away game to Inter.

Played a big part in that result I feel.

Maybe, overall it was a dreadfully turgid match, neither team really created anything from open play. It was a rusty defensive team versus a tired attacking team, they put their one chance away with a cultured finish and Defoe spunked away two similar chances with a panicked strike at the keeper.

I think we will bounce back, we have too many good players not to, but we need to clear our heads. It's been a really bad week. I wonder how things would have gone if Walker hadn't done that backpass at Anfield.

What annoys me about Bale through the middle is that when it doesn't work we don't put him on the wing, a lot of our play came from crosses today, the best crosser in the team kept staying central and dropping deep today. Fair enough against teams who pack the wings, then chuck him in the middle but today Fulham really didn't do anything special or park the bus they just set up and played around us. Dembele had an absolute shocker.

Bale crossed the ball plenty today, most of them were gash. He did his ankle during the game and it showed, very strange game from him where he never really got into the groove. Fulham were very disciplined though, they didn't give us any free kicks within shooting range. As you say, Dembele was horrendous so Bale basically had to do his job until Carroll came on. Once he did he stuck to the right and tried to create, and to be fair he did create the chance for Defoe at the end, but it was never going to be enough. You can't break down such stubborn teams with such a tired, one paced team.

Kenka

The ugly ones would be the best for the German coefficient. That said, I hope Frankfurt or Gladbach make it.
I am a Gladbach fan in soul which is why my life is painful. So I share your perspective.
Frankfurt could be an interesting team but they should start with the C3, even Dortmund got to get used to European competitions before they got good at it and they had a way better team.

I am a Gladbach fan in soul which is why my life is painful. So I share your perspective.
Frankfurt could be an interesting team but they should start with the C3, even Dortmund got to get used to European competitions before they got good at it and they had a way better team.

I can't believe Gladbach failed to make it to the group stage of the CL this season. They got eliminated by a really bad Dynamo Kiev team. No idea how that happened.

Ushojax

I think this is the first time ever that I'm glad the international break is here. If we're lucky Kaboul might even be ready to make an appearance, I'd take him at RB over Naughton.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger's more likely to pull the trigger on a keeper, I think, after dropping Chesney. But then, how many fucking seasons have we had the same old problems at the back—so who fucking knows?
If we don't buy a quality striker, a quality DM, a quality defender and a quality keeper next season will be more of the same if not worse. All of those positions needs investment, we can't skip any of them and be successful.

I think this is the first time ever that I'm glad the international break is here. If we're lucky Kaboul might even be ready to make an appearance, I'd take him at RB over Naughton.

Naughton didn't do much wrong to be fair its fucking hard playing fullback when you don't have a natural winger/wide player in front of you.

Kaboul should come in for Europa League hopefully, instead of Gallas. Get fitness back for the last few Prem games.

If we don't buy a quality striker, a quality DM, a quality defender and a quality keeper next season will be more of the same if not worse. All of those positions needs investment, we can't skip any of them and be successful.

What quality keepers would even be available though? Valdes isn't quality.

Ushojax

Naughton didn't do much wrong to be fair its fucking hard playing fullback when you don't have a natural winger/wide player in front of you.

Kaboul should come in for Europa League hopefully, instead of Gallas. Get fitness back for the last few Prem games.

Nah, Naughton was dreadful on the goal. Left a massive gap between himself and Caulker and it meant Berba was always going to get that finish.

Walker might have left the gap but he would have made the recovering challenge, Naughton doesn't have the pace for that. At the end of the day as shite as we were going forward, that didn't lose us the game. That poorly defended counter-attack did. I saw nothing at all to convince me that Naughton's less giddy passing is enough to make up for his lack of pace.

Next season we need to bring Adam Smith in to compete with Walker.

Suen

Hopefully both? We need both but I would wager that striker is more guaranteed then goalkeeper knowing Wenger.

One would say both...but dunno Arsene

We seriously need both, Sczcesny is not good enough, Fabianski have done well in the two recent matches but this says nothing, besides the defense has been better organized so the slight improvement in the back can be contributed to them if anything. Either way I recall reading that his contract runs out after this season so we'll need a new GK but I honestly feel we need a striker more. My hope in Giroud is long gone, in best case Fabianski would continue improving the rest of the season and get a new contract, letting us focus on our front in the summer and if Monreal keep showing promising results that would give us even more of a reason to do so.

Valdes is for sale.
Fuck no :lol. I've already seen Barca-fans suffering due to that guy, don't want to feel it :lol.

Nooo Falcao, close. Another goal by Diego Cuntsta, does that make it his 6th goal this season?

kharma45

We need to take vengeance for it. Eugh Berbatov was his usual bottling self and Carrick made that awful mistake. That sucked.

But Chelsea first...

Reckon we are gonna rest a lot of players in the Sunderland game.

I'd imagine we will, I can't see Sunderland posing much of a problem.

Top Bottom