• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

phaze

two clean sheets in a row.

keep vermaelen out.
keep szcszcszcszcsczsczsczsczsceczsczsczsczsczscney out.

Fabiański haven't had to even make a save. I still get a heart attack everytime he he touches the ball.

Anyway scrappy win but 3 points is what's important now. I was surprised at how shit Swansea was. They barely troubled us at all.

Feorax

Goal keeper? Begovic or Mignolet would be perfect for ya.

Defence is far worse problem than our keeper situation. That could probably wait until next Jan. We need at least 3 defenders in the summer, as well as an upgrade on Downing to have a hope in hell of a decent run next year.

sohois

Anyways, to reflect a bit more on the match: Part of me is saying it was inevitable the run would come to an end, Liverpool simply lack the depth or quality to really string a lot of wins together, but the manner of the defeat was truly disheartening.

That being said, it doesn't really affect my opinion of the team as a whole. I'm still supremely confident we'll overhaul Arsenal for 5th and none of the players have seen a change in my opinion. One thing I am certain of is the need for a new defensive coach; it really is noticeable how the departure of Steve Clarke has seen the defence fall apart.

As others have said none of the player performances stood out in a good way; Enrique was probably the best just by delivering an average performance. Sturridge did ok but didn't do enough, Coutinho had a few flashes and large periods of anonymity. Suarez also had one of his worse games.

Doubtless we'll see a huge amount of kneejerking though, with people deciding that Liverpool are once again complete shit and destined for 10th having last week thought 4th was an option. I also expect to see calls for Allen to be sold, as though people have never heard of Henderson, Lucas, Enrique and the dozens of other examples.

Scum

Just seen some of the results. Wow! Well done, Villa. Damn you, Swansea. Watch them turn up against us. :-/

I hope Fulham don't show up tomorrow but West Ham give Benitez a counter to beware off!

Defence is far worse problem than our keeper situation. That could probably wait until next Jan. We need at least 3 defenders in the summer, as well as an upgrade on Downing to have a hope in hell of a decent run next year.

Definitely:
2 new centre backs, move Kelly into the middle ( I have no doubt he;ll succeed)
1 backup goalkeeper
1 young DM who can move between reserves and first team, Coady isn't good enough and Allen is not a viable option

Probably:
1 backup RB to cover for Kelly moving into the middle and prevent us relying on McLaughlin
1 backup LB if Robinson isn't good enough
1 winger to play on either side, a trusted version of Assaidi

Wes

venison crêpe
We equalised?! I left the house to go to the shops I was so depressed and I come back to hear this!

I might go for a 45 minute walk now.

Do what needs to be done. QPR must not survive.

I DID AND IT WORKED. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope you all appreciate the sacrificve I made considering it was raining the whole way.

liverpool loses by 2 goals, sahin scores 2 for dortmund... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

iEmMLzctBy6h8.gif

Meier

I did an experiment in FM by creating the most belligerent player possible, confrontational, controversial and dirty on the pitch, but still one of the best players in the world. Something amazing happened. When Liverpool signed him from Sunderland, not 2 weeks into his contract, Dalglish fined him for a red card. This made the player disproportionately angry and he, I didn't even know this could happen, took his case to some board in order to terminate his contract due to unfair treatment. It didn't work the first time, but a few years later on the third try at doing it he managed to get his contract legally terminated and then signed for Milan on a free transfer. He averaged 2.66 red cards a season at Liverpool.

In this case Balotelli only has had 1 red card in 3 seasons (for Italy rather than City), but he just hasn't played at all basically so he never shows up for training. 4 goals in 41 games across all comps for City.. but 9 in 12 for Italy. Funny stuff. He's down on the Reserve squad unsurprisingly at this point.

faridmon

Bayern - Leverkusen in 15 and its gonna be my first game I am going to watch today :/
I just hope it doesn't become as one sided as I think its gonna be.

fuenf

liverpool loses by 2 goals, sahin scores 2 for dortmund... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

because Dortmund have a competent coach.

Gratz Borussia & Sahin.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK there's no way Bayern beats Dortmund with an in form Sahin, in the CL semis or final FUCK

Now it's Bayern time

because Dortmund have a competent coach.

Gratz Borussia & Sahin.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK there's no way Bayern beats Dortmund with an in form Sahin, in the CL semis or final FUCK

Now it's Bayern time

I hope Dortmund beat you into non-existence in the CL final

dc89

A man has who dressed in a Manchester City kit and tried to warm up with the team at Everton has been arrested.

:LOL

fuenf

Neuer - Rafinha - Dante - Boateng - Alalba - Gustavo - Martinez - Robben - Schweini - Shaq - Gomez

I like it. Schweini is the ideal 10 with Gomez as the lone striker, hopefully we will see Hojbjerg later.

faridmon

Neuer - Rafinha - Dante - Boateng - Alalba - Gustavo - Martinez - Robben - Schweini - Shaq - Gomez

I like it. Schweini is the ideal 10 with Gomez as the lone striker, hopefully we will see Hojbjerg later.

Is Boatange playing as a CB or LB? When is Badstuber coming back?

3Sixty

Home from work so can post properly.

Haven't seen a second of the game so can't comment on that so much. As i've been saying all week. We can do anyone at home. MoPo's style of football works so well as the home team, also helps when other teams come to play like Liverpool today rather than QPR who sat back the whole game and sprung 2 counters and stole it.

Chelsea at home next and i reasonably confident of a good result.

Edit: Seen the goals.

Lambert's free kick is amazing. Jones takes a step to the right clearly after its deflected.

iPAxrQD7HtyLz.gif

Gambit

I hope so. Am curious about him. But with Heynckes it's probably not gonna happen till minute 90.

CB, Rafinha and Alaba are on the sides. Badstuber might not make it back this season. Apparently he had to go into surgery again just last week.

fuenf

CB, Badstuber is most likely done for the season. He tore his ACL in the beginning of the season and needed another arthroscopic surgery in January.

Called Godgers incompetent, became a fan of Bayern Munich, its a litany of crimes against humanity

Be honest, who'd you rather have? Rodgers or Klopp? As much as ot pains me to admit it, but Klopp is in a different league. He's up there with the very best.

derExperte

Gratz Borussia & Sahin.

What? Because they beat an abysmal Freiburg and Bayern had a few bad games? After the DFB Pokal I'm confident that they're no real danger anymore and won't be for a while. Now Juve on the other hand.. let's first survive that.

faridmon

Be honest, who'd you rather have? Rodgers or Klopp? As much as ot pains me to admit it, but Klopp is in a different league. He's up there with the very best.

He is really an enigma. Was he that good when he was managing Manz? They were tough side to beat and all, but he wasn't as good as they way he transformed Dortmund.

Top Bottom