• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

AkCfy.gif

You've definitely got all the uses out of this gif today.

Wes

venison crêpe
You were told to fuck off once by someone I'll give you that.

He was told to do that multiple times by multiple people. I was ashamed to be a regular in this thread at that point.

I personally like seeing unregular folk come in to the thread and post, particularly about lesser reported stories in the game. I want to have more voices in the thread. To see someone get told to leave, no matter the circumstances, was embarassing.

He just needs Rodgers to give him a chance. And sprinting lessons.

The only player I've ever seen whose match-by-match confidence has such an effect on his physical ability. When he's fit, lean and on form I think he can still be a bit of a beast (not in a Rodgers team though)

Really hope he can make himself a decent career and doesn't fall by the wayside.

Messi

I was sitting beside a Spanish girl at the game when we scored everyone jumped up and she grabbed onto me. I got boobed.

Thank you nice Spanish lady with the big boobs.

Also lots of high fives at full time lol

Wilbur

Banned
He was told to do that multiple times by multiple people. I was ashamed to be a regular in this thread at that point.

I personally like seeing unregular folk come in to the thread and post, particularly about lesser reported stories in the game. I want to have more voices in the thread. To see someone get told to leave, no matter the circumstances, was embarassing.

We always say we want new blood, come on Wes. We're now talking to him about football. He went the wrong way about things, so did we.

arkon

I was sitting beside a Spanish girl at the game when we scored everyone jumped up and she grabbed onto me. I got boobed.

You should have made your move then.

SMD

The only player I've ever seen whose match-by-match confidence has such an effect on his physical ability. When he's fit, lean and on form I think he can still be a bit of a beast (not in a Rodgers team though)

Really hope he can make himself a decent career and doesn't fall by the wayside.

I still think the decision to give a 23 year old striker 18 months is just as shocking as paying £35m as a replacement for Torres in the first place. But I've ranted enough about all that in the past.

PowerTaxi

Banned
this fine young man :

"You're a junior, so any ban is an instant perm. No personal attacks on GAF. Have fun on GameFAQs." lol

Haha. Went back to GameFAQs recently and 99% of the boards are asshole filled cesspools.

The days of people creating 50 alt accounts to annoy one man are long gone.

Omiee

Why are you posting here. You should have done her.

Mumei

I'd argue that this is what the majority of people have been doing. Certainly I don't remember being subjected to insults or anything when I first started posting. I'd argue these are extenuating circumstances. People have gotten hostile after the fact was revealed he reported pulga's post to a mod. I don't agree wtih those reactions to the poster, but I can understand some people were riled by it.

I understand people being riled, but this really shouldn't have been fodder for the thread in the first place. I got two PMs about pulga's ban, I talked to the mod who actually did the ban, and I was going to look at it after I got off work. There wasn't really any reason for anyone to derail the thread with complaints about "MYSTERIOUS OUTSIDERS BACKSEAT MODDING US". In other words, all of the Sturm und Drang within the thread over the ban and who reported it (which is not "backseat modding" and is much appreciated even if you're wrong sometimes, please send more my way) was sort of pointless.

So, suggestion time! The next time there is a ban that you don't like, PM a moderator. I'm usually a pretty good bet. And then wait. Wait. Sometimes we have like, things we're doing. I was at work for the last 11 hours! Or sometimes we live on different continents and are six to nine hours behind most of you and are asleep. But someone will look at it eventually, really. If none of you had posted in the thread complaining about all this, the outcome would have been exactly the same, and on some level I worry that the optics of the events will make some of you think that whining and derailing the thread is efficacious in getting bans overturned or reduced. So to be clear on that point: It isn't, and it wasn't.

Omiee

Guys im off to bed good night, need to go to work tomorrow.

Will you guys please tell Pulga i will pm tomorrow apologizing.

Wes

venison crêpe
We always say we want new blood, come on Wes. We're now talking to him about football. He went the wrong way about things, so did we.

I honestly haven't read anything since the match because I knew this palce would be a mess. I just happened to notice your post and wanted to say my piece on a semi-related affair.

Glad things have calmed down.

3Sixty

I like to see as many fans of prem clubs as possible. You're all cool but Man United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea are fucking boring.

Messi

I understand people being riled, but this really shouldn't have been fodder for the thread in the first place. I got two PMs about pulga's ban, I talked to the mod who actually did the ban, and I was going to look at it after I got off work. There wasn't really any reason for anyone to derail the thread with complaints about "MYSTERIOUS OUTSIDERS BACKSEAT MODDING US". In other words, all of the Sturm und Drang within the thread over the ban and who reported it (which is not "backseat modding" and is much appreciated even if you're wrong sometimes, please send more my way) was sort of pointless.

So, suggestion time! The next time there is a ban that you don't like, PM a moderator. I'm usually a pretty good bet. And then wait. Wait. Sometimes we have like, things we're doing. I was at work for the last 11 hours! Or sometimes we live on different continents and are six to nine hours behind most of you and are asleep. But someone will look at it eventually, really. If none of you had posted in the thread complaining about all this, the outcome would have been exactly the same, and on some level I worry that the optics of the events will make some of you think that whining and derailing the thread is efficacious in getting bans overturned or reduced. So to be clear on that point: It isn't, and it wasn't.

Can you bring back kermit?

Who is good with the photoshop?

Clegg

I've been told by my coaches that I need to gain a stone in weight.

Been eating like a horse for the last week and gained zero kilos. I always thought losing weight was supposed to be harder.

Top Bottom