• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Omiee

Of course we can. Unlike what Duckroll thinks we love talking about football. Do you support any other teams besides Barca?

Yeah Ajax and Juventus.

I have been a ajax fan since i was 4 i think. My mom opened a bank account for me and the main sponsor abn amro had this ajax account.

Every year i would get a ball with signatures and stuff.

Had a season ticket for 3 season actually and still go to a lot of games

K1LLER7

I have to wait for him to make me one. :(
:lol Messi's got good taste :p

Yeah didn't he have a bet with me.

It was amazing. The atmosphere at the end was incredible. Great seats too.
Must have been pretty amazing when you guys got the goal. Messi was itching to get on the pitch. Hope to see him play live one day.

Want you guys to draw Dortmund next. Please don't have another Clasico.

SMD

Is this what it feels like starting to support Liverpool from 09/10 onwards? I feel like I'm catching this on the downward curve.

deGod

Tch. You know, I thought I was special the way you guys worked yourselves into a froth over Cunt-Gate, but now I see that you'll do that for just about anyone.
Cunts.
I'm sure that made some of you happy

Anyway. This is correct:

The main reason I don't isn't really that I'm cool; it's mostly that there's an existing culture to the community that... mostly... works (at least in terms of any serious animosity and most people having an understanding that things aren't meant to be completely serious). But duckroll is absolutely right that Football Thread is not an independent community, separate from the rest of the forum. He actually did get a PM about this, which is why he was posting in here. And since he he knows that this is normal in here, he was trying to make a point about how the culture in this thread can seem very hostile to a newcomer by explaining this to you instead of just dropping in and banning someone. I don't think it is too much that some of you think about, I don't know, at least not engaging newbies in that sort of thing until after they've demonstrated that they're up for it? And if someone says that they don't like it, don't call them a cunt. Problem solved. They aren't "a troll" because they don't like it.

Anyway, on the other subject, I reduced pulga's ban to a day. He'll be back tomorrow.

You are a god

Wilbur

Banned
Tch. You know, I thought I was special the way you guys worked yourselves into a froth over Cunt-Gate, but now I see that you'll do that for just about anyone.
Cunts.

Anyway. This is correct:

The main reason I don't isn't really that I'm cool; it's mostly that there's an existing culture to the community that... mostly... works (at least in terms of any serious animosity and most people having an understanding that things aren't meant to be completely serious). But duckroll is absolutely right that Football Thread is not an independent community, separate from the rest of the forum. He actually did get a PM about this, which is why he was posting in here. And since he he knows that this is normal in here, he was trying to make a point about how the culture in this thread can seem very hostile to a newcomer by explaining this to you instead of just dropping in and banning someone. I don't think it is too much that some of you think about, I don't know, at least not engaging newbies in that sort of thing until after they've demonstrated that they're up for it? And if someone says that they don't like it, don't call them a cunt. Problem solved. They aren't "a troll" because they don't like it.

Anyway, on the other subject, I reduced pulga's ban to a day. He'll be back tomorrow.

Fuck I love you. Prepare for an Andres level onslaught

Messi

:lol Messi's got good taste :p

Must have been pretty amazing when you guys got the goal. Messi was itching to get on the pitch. Hope to see him play live one day.

Want you guys to draw Dortmund next. Please don't have another Clasico.

The place exploded when he started warming up and then for the goal

Linius

Cunts.

Anyway. This is correct:

Amen.

Cunts.

Anyway. This is correct:

Justice!

Omiee

What's shakin' baby?

Soon you will be one of our very own c words and I bet you even end up liking it.

Dude no i dont wanna join the dark side lol.

I think its actually embarassing i had to find out in this matter that some countrys use the word cunt as a good thing lol.

Your reporting caused a chain of reactions which led to the banning of two guys. Don't be a pussy, come over to Madrid for three months, we'll treat you with love.

Dude i cant, there is this thing in my body that would shut down as soon as the smallest thought of being a madrid fan gets in my head.

Messi

Cunts.

Anyway. This is correct:

We do welcome newbies in the proper way. We welcomed you didn't we? We're we not helpful you
nice man

arkon

Cunts.

Anyway. This is correct:

I'd argue that this is what the majority of people have been doing. Certainly I don't remember being subjected to insults or anything when I first started posting. I'd argue these are extenuating circumstances. People have gotten hostile after the fact was revealed he reported pulga's post to a mod. I don't agree wtih those reactions to the poster, but I can understand some people were riled by it.

Noirulus

1-1 FT. Canada's youth system might not be so bad although most of their talent ends up leaving for greener pastures :/ Such as Junior Hoillett

G-Unit

YO Omnie, don't listen to this fools :D you thought you were doing the right thing. Hell, it can get a bit abusive in here sometimes, just become immune to it. And then start calling people cunts. Feels good my man.

Now If you could only stop cheering for vettel until he goes to ferrari... that would makes us BFF(kidding)

Slizz

Cunts.

Anyway. This is correct:

ibqobP6hHnYvdJ.gif

feel

So just finished pm'ing the mod that banned pulga to see if he can unban him. I clarified that i was not in to the joke and it was two posters who saw no offence to the word and were apparently joking with each other.

Sorry for my part in the whole fuss that ensued after.

But i do want to say i was not pleased to be made a fun off and be called a cunt and to fuck off. Thats a uncivil as you can be to someone.

Hope i can get a second chance from some since i love football and would really like to join this community ( just without someone calling me a cunt or me calling you guys cunts)
You had me until that very last bit, how can you be part of this community and not be called a cunt sooner or later? <3

And this reminds me, I was banned recently and forgot to make fun of Andres when I returned for Colombia's defeat to Venezuela after he was mocking it as a sure win for Colombia. In your face you donkey pleasuring cunt!! (I was at the stadium)

Omiee

YO Omnie, don't listen to this fools :D you thought you were doing the right thing. Hell, it can get a bit abusive in here sometimes, just become immune to it. And then start calling people cunts. Feels good my man.

Now If you could only stop cheering for vettel until he goes to ferrari... that would makes us BFF(kidding)

I can stare at your avatar for days :p

Dude i cant stop cheering for vettel. Iv been hated in the F1 thread for a few years now for my support for him but i wont quit now. I will have a hard time supporting him if he goes to ferrari though. It was a bitch for me as a kimi fan to support him when he went to ferrari.

You are all cunts.

MY CUNTS

You forgive me right? We good right? U not mad? U my idol? Wait your not the real messi?

Damn!!
wait someone insulted by the word damn?

Wilbur

Banned
Moral victory today?

I as a Cule supported the Madristas and have come out the other side unharmed.

Good lad. <3

awesome
tomorrow I can rub Bayern's win into pulga's face and that's what football's about

Buy his mum a Bayern shirt

:lol

I hate you but I love you

Yeah Ajax and Juventus.

I have been a ajax fan since i was 4 i think. My mom opened a bank account for me and the main sponsor abn amro had this ajax account.

Every year i would get a ball with signatures and stuff.

Had a season ticket for 3 season actually and still go to a lot of games
juanpablo would be so proud. Welcome. Just a warning though, I make fun of Eredivisie defending. A lot.
1-1 FT. Canada's youth system might not be so bad although most of their talent ends up leaving for greener pastures :/ Such as Junior Hoillett

lol Canada

Gafalona doing work in this thread. But ze peoples have spoketh, free Pulga

The young ones always suffer the most though. Poor junior, he didn't know these blokes were bad company.

Gonna be honest, I don't think I ever use the word cunt (minus an over the top joke I made today) and I never get called a cunt, even when I was one of the more active members of the community. It isn't hard to avoid it.

Omiee

You had me until that very last bit, how can you be part of this community and not be called a cunt sooner or later? <3

And this reminds me, I was banned recently and forgot to make fun of Andres when I returned for Colombia's defeat to Venezuela after he was mocking it as a sure win for Colombia. In your face you donkey pleasuring cunt!! (I was at the stadium)

Nah ill stay a c*nt virgin for now. Will take some time for my cherry to be popped lol :p

Get bent

Slizz

Gonna be honest, I don't think I ever use the word cunt (minus an over the top joke I made today) and I never get called a cunt, even when I was one of the more active members of the community. It isn't hard to avoid it.

I got a feeling I've definitely used JT more than cunt.

Top Bottom