• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

:lol

To be fair, he'd come off a fucking sterling year at Dortmund. Player of the year in Bundesliga, wasn't he?

I expected more. But he definitely has it in his locker. Combination of his and Fergie's fault that we haven't seen the best yet
'

He was our best player in pre season and was our best player (along with De God) against Everton.

iqNZRjRTy9SXY.gif

Welburg fucked it up.

Anyways, I still think he would have much better stats right now if Fergie actually gave him the full 90 everytime. His goal/assist is good compared to the rest of the team, he just never gets to play the full 90.

WJD

Oh was it? I had no idea honestly. The United fans I know personally were going mad about him. How do you feel about him this season?

It was on my end at least!

And it's hard to rate because A) he's been injured for the majority and B) he hasn't been trusted enough to play when he hasn't been injured. Unless we change our style to something a little more modern then I'm not quite sure how he's going to fit in in the long term, which is a damn shame because he's obviously very talented.

It's not common for players to fit into a different league, country and style of play straight off the bat either (Aguero, Mata and the like are all exceptional exceptions) so I think it'd be silly to make any kind of judgement for another 2 or 3 seasons.

Some United fans have exaggerated his qualities because he's a new, foreign signing with a cool name and a lot of opposition fans have exaggerated his downfalls because he plays for United.

And it's hard to rate because A) he's been injured for the majority and B) he hasn't been trusted enough to play when he hasn't been injured. Unless we change our style to something a little more modern then I'm not quite sure how he's going to fit in in the long term, which is a damn shame because he's obviously very talented.

It's not common for players to fit into a different league, country and style of play straight off the bat either (Aguero, Mata and the like are all exceptional exceptions) so I think it'd be silly to make any kind of judgement for another 2 or 3 seasons.

Some United fans have exaggerated his qualities because he's a new, foreign signing with a cool name and a lot of opposition fans have exaggerated his downfalls because he plays for United.

lol

Wilbur

Banned
He was our best player in pre season and was our best player (along with De God) against Everton.

http://i.minus.com/iqNZRjRTy9SXY.gif[/IG]
Welburg fucked it up.

Anyways, I still think he would have much better stats right now if Fergie actually gave him the full 90 everytime. His goal/assist is good compared to the rest of the team, he just never gets to play the full 90.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree with most of this; I said he looked bright against Everton, and there's been moments when he's absolutely shined. Looked great in the first half against Sunderland, that pass to Rooney against Southampton, the Norwich hat trick.

He needs to assert himself a little more on games, but I have a feeling that's born out of low self-confidence after being played out of position/subbed all the time. Honestly not sure what Fergie's thinking with him, honestly. He talks him up a lot but never lets him show it.

Oh I agree with most of this; I said he looked bright against Everton, and there's been moments when he's absolutely shined. Looked great in the first half against Sunderland, that pass to Rooney against Southampton, the Norwich hat trick.

He needs to assert himself a little more on games, but I have a feeling that's born out of low self-confidence after being played out of position/subbed all the time. Honestly not sure what Fergie's thinking with him, honestly. He talks him up a lot but never lets him show it.

Yep, when he first came I thought he asserted himself much more. He became more passive and I think he has said so in the past. I remember him saying that they needed to trust him more and eventually he started to say he needs to get used to United's play it to the wingers style. He's very passive now.

Kikarian

Can't believe people are thinking we're selling Van Persie for Falcao. It's just not practical. If anyone is going to go it's most likely Hernandez. He hasn't played much, and looks annoyed when being subbed off.

Clegg

Can't believe people are thinking we're selling Van Persie for Falcao. It's just not practical. If anyone is going to go it's most likely Hernandez. He hasn't played much, and looks annoyed when being subbed off.

Fatty is out the door.

RUMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wilbur

Banned
Yep, when he first came I thought he asserted himself much more. He became more passive and I think he has said so in the past. I remember him saying that they needed to trust him more and eventually he started to say he needs to get used to United's play it to the wingers style. He's very passive now.

I think Carrick, Rooney and Cleverley are good with Kagawa, they know to give him the ball and trust him with it. But the full backs and wingers are so attuned to the play going through them that they don't, really.

Really want to see a consistent run of games with Kagawa in the middle behind one of our strikers.

Eh? Who said that :lol?

It's Hernandez or Rooney going if we bring a new striker in

Feorax

Bin Giggs.

Rooney in CM with Carrick.

Play Kagawa behind Falcao, with Zaha and a new winger either side.

Rotate Falcao & RVP.

Unless Fergie actually plans to buy a CM before he retires (lol), thats probably the best case scenario, and it's formidable.

WJD

Bin Giggs.

Rooney in CM with Carrick.

Play Kagawa behind Falcao, with Zaha and a new winger either side.

Rotate Falcao & RVP.

Unless Fergie actually plans to buy a CM before he retires (lol), thats probably the best case scenario, and it's formidable.

sell roo

buy ilkay

treble

If any striker leaves, it would be Rppmey. Hernandez isn't even getting much playing time right now. It makes no sense that one of RVP, Rppmey, and Falcao would get his playing time, because it's simply not enough for any of those 3 players.

Unless... god no. Rppmey confirmed for cm.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney is class and quite versatile, why sell him?

No one can afford him too.

His attitude, the fact he's a jack of all trades as opposed to being a master of all trades like he used to, his fitness levels, the fact he's not as good as Kagawa in his preferred position or RVP in his preferred position but obstructs both of them really... he's a very good player and he's been fucking amazing for us. But I think he's one of the reasons we're not improving as a team.

We need new wingers and a centre mid for sure, but until we start playing with one striker we're just a tad archaic at the moment. Having Rooney who is nominally a striker but stomps around everywhere in everyone else's position just messes things up.

Feorax

Yeah, can't see it happening. We need a CM or CDM before anything.

What decent DM's are going to be available this summer? I can see us, United and Chelsea all looking for one in the upcoming window, so there'll probably be a few links flying around early on.

Fady K

I know that feeling; we have used Ramires in a variety of wrong positions in the past few seasons and it didn't work much. We tried using Bertrand as a winger as well and that backfired time and time again. Maybe next season you'll get to utilize his services better.

I agree with your second paragraph very much; that is why Hazard stood out for me big time this season. Oscar is still struggling a bit in the BPL.

As Wilbury said a lot of people must have been so hyped due to his status in the Bundesliga.

Wilbur

Banned
What decent DM's are going to be available this summer? I can see us, United and Chelsea all looking for one in the upcoming window, so there'll probably be a few links flying around early on.

Don't think you necessarily need one (or a starter anyway) what with Lucas staying around and Gerrard dropping deeper the older he gets. We certainly need one, as do Chelsea and Arsenal. City definitely need a centre midfielder as well.

We'lll go for a young DM I think who can either play CM/CB as well, or won't mind being in the reserves most of the time

Top Bottom