• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Omiee

Don't think you necessarily need one (or a starter anyway) what with Lucas staying around and Gerrard dropping deeper the older he gets. We certainly need one, as do Chelsea and Arsenal. City definitely need a centre midfielder as well.

You'd think chelsea would be in the market for some big players as well this summer with their sugar daddy owning the club.

TeegsD

Forgot all about Newcastle - Benfica. Crush their spirits Newcastle so that we can destroy them this weekend. Aka Newcastle is just gonna lose....again

Clegg

We don't even need a top class CM. We just need someone who is better than Ando or Clev.

That really shouldn't be too hard to find.

We don't even need a top class CM. We just need someone who is better than Ando or Clev.

And then we'll need somebody better than him.

Garay, Moutinho, Falcao.

Mendes getting rich this summer. We getting some serious playboi's.

Kyoufu

Craig Gardner said on twitter that Ba got him booked so he'd miss the derby.

Ba replies "You did it on purpose, because you're afraid of Newcastle"

BA COME BACK PLS

Wilbur

Banned
You'd think chelsea would be in the market for some big players as well this summer with their sugar daddy owning the club.

They'll be in for a striker and a centre midfielder for sure.

Don't be silly Cleff, we do. It's maddening that a team of our ambitions only have one really good centre midfielder. We need a quality one.

Feorax

Don't think you necessarily need one (or a starter anyway) what with Lucas staying around and Gerrard dropping deeper the older he gets. We certainly need one, as do Chelsea and Arsenal. City definitely need a centre midfielder as well.

As Hitcher says, we could do with a young player just to take the pressure off Lucas. Even fully fit, it's going to take it's toll with the amount of work our DM will have to do over a season covering our fullbacks.

Yours is the more urgent requirement though, I agree.

Wilbur

Banned
Neymar's going to suck anus in Europe. Book it.

As Hitcher says, we could do with a young player just to take the pressure off Lucas. Even fully fit, it's going to take it's toll with the amount of work our DM will have to do over a season covering our fullbacks.

Yours is the more urgent requirement though, I agree.

That's true. No one in the youth team you can promote?

He's the 2nd coming of Sunhi. One who will eventually abandon us once he becomes a gaf celeb.

Why do all the GAFGIF celebs support shit clubs

Wasn't he the best young attacking mid in the world or something at the time :lol

Mou ruined him

also where's your avatar you prick

Playing well in Norway and at some youth african nation cups hardly makes him one of the highest rated young attacking mids in the world, although some dumb ass journalists are always quick to jump to that conclusion as soon as a top PL club gets linked to them.

Was going to make Ronaldo with Chelsea shirt avatar, but forgot I only had my trackpad thing and not my mouse with me to class. SO FUCK.

Feorax

We have Connor Coady, but I'm not convinced he's ready to make the step up. We need someone with real athleticism, the type that Coutinho and Hendo have.

I had heard Jonjo had asked to start playing as a DM for the reserves, but god knows how that will go...

Omiee

Neymar's going to suck anus in Europe. Book it.

Why do all the GAFGIF celebs support shit clubs

Neymar playing in the premier league would suck for him since they play more physical.

I think he could play some nice football in spain and maybe france/italy.

I kind of want Neymar at Barca too just for him to flop and become an uglier version of Alexis Sanchez, with added shitty personality on top of it. On the other hand I want that fucker to stay in Brazil forever and live off his crazy sponsorships.

dc89

It sure does! It will be a day to remember, for every English football fan. Has anybody managed a team as long as Ferguson has in the world of football??

Second coming, that's an apt description based on what people were saying all over :D

I don't know Fady, Fergie must surely be up there with the longest serving managers in history. And to think, United were so close to sacking him at one point.

Linius

I kind of want Neymar at Barca too just for him to flop and become an uglier version of Alexis Sanchez, with added shitty personality on top of it. On the other hand I want that fucker to stay in Brazil forever and live off his crazy sponsorships.

For people who don't care about Barca it's easy to want Neymar there :lol

Screw him and his haircut, let him rot in Brasil or fail in the EPL or something.

I expect him to be Robinho 2.0.

Imagine him throwing a fit in Barca like he did with Santos manager (just because he didn't get to take a penalty lol) and then refuse to pass his team mates for the rest of the game. That will go down well especially in Barca of all clubs I'm sure. Every damn time I have seen him against semi decent sides he has been shit, tried to do silly stuff and failed 9/10 times with the result of messing up whole attacks for his team, when he could even pass the ball easily and make a good chance out of it.

Clegg

And then we'll need somebody better than him.

Garay, Moutinho, Falcao.

Mendes getting rich this summer. We getting some serious playboi's.

Don't need Garay.

Would be happy with either Moutinho or Falcao. Will sign neither and end up relying on a 40 year old Giggs and a seriously ill Fletcher.

All we need is someone more direct than Clev and less streaky thea Ando.

Feorax

You have to wonder how long Arsene Wenger can keep doing stupid shit in the summer, making godawful starts and still get CL football every season.

Arsenal are the Wigan of the top 4.

phaze

Falcao to Arsenal.

BELIEVE...

vh1sPAE.gif

Though I'm curious whether Wenger will go for new central striker or will decide to put up with Giroud.

Fady K

I don't know Fady, Fergie must surely be up there with the longest serving managers in history. And to think, United were so close to sacking him at one point.

I know right? Patience is a virtue! How many more years till he retires you reckon? I'd say 5 tops. Hopefully not 10!

Watching The Incredible Burt.

Hmmm

What did you think man? I thought Jim Carrey was hilarious for the most part but the film as a whole was quite disappointing.

I can't believe jumped up plastic clubs thinking they own the transfer market.

We won the fucking league.

Walked it.

Do one.

You guys deservedly (will have) won the league ;D.

But I really wish we drop the whole plastic club nonsense >_<

3Sixty

I think Falcao is pretty overrated, i won't say it though because it will come back to bite me in the ass.

Falcao = Eduardo 2.0

What was the first football game you all played? I remember playing a shit tonne of Striker for the SNES when I was a wee nipper. Game had shit hot music and indoor football.

My friend rented it from the video shop and we changed all the names to stuff like "shit" "piss" "wanker" and of course stuff used to save to the cartridge back then so we got a complaint call from the rental place a few weeks later when they noticed.

MUSIC

1070.jpg

Fady K

What was the first football game you all played? I remember playing a shit tonne of Striker for the SNES when I was a wee nipper. Game had shit hot music and indoor football.

My friend rented it from the video shop and we changed all the names to stuff like "shit" "piss" "wanker" and of course stuff used to save to the cartridge back then so we got a complaint call from the rental place a few weeks later when they noticed.

MUSIC

1070.jpg

64_45525_0_0_InternationalSuperstarSo.jpg

Top Bottom