• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

rvy

Banned
Somewhat proud of Newcastle, especially to even get this far in the tournament. Sloppy defending cost us even a consolation victory but we played well enough to keep Benfica at bay. Lucky cunts though. :lol

KuGsj.gif

I don't see what's lucky about conceding one goal by giving you the ball, but good for you.

Build a bridge mate.

I don't need a bridge, I get to Barcelona just fine by driving. What about you?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Love when the game I pick to watch (Newcastle Benfica) finishes and another has gone to extra time! More football! :)

D_prOdigy

Spurs once again with that extra 30 mins to score an away goal. Such a bizarre rule.

I probably agree, but playing devil's advocate for a minute, whoever plays the second, deciding leg at home also has a certain advantage in virtue of playing it in front of their home fans, and they get that purely through the luck of the draw.

rvy

Banned
Fuck your bat, I want a sword now. I wanna cut his dick off.

Gaitán, you piece of shit. Two fucking goals you missed. TWO.

FootballFan

The first leg was where they got really lucky. Santon and Taylor handing them goals on a platter.

Yep. You guys pretty much gave them the win.

How they are undefeated in Portugal when they struggle against Newcastle and get beaten by Spartak is truly surprising.

edit
I am not joking, I was JUST about to post that whenever they do lose they have these GIFs and excuses. :lol above my post.

Lightning

Banned
Spurs need to win so the draw can look like this:

Spurs vs Chelsea

Benfica vs Fene

Then Benfica can crush the finalist after Spurs and Chelsea knock the shit out of one another. Lolololol

Andrefpvs

Well played by Newcastle, they did well. But you can't win games on heart alone.

Wonder what the semi-finals will be. Hopefully Benfica gets to the final this year.

Carbonox

How they are undefeated in Portugal when they struggle against Newcastle and get beaten by Spartak is truly surprising.

Let us not forget hitting the post twice in the previous game. Woodwork needs to get decked.

Benfica naturally were the better team overall but let's not get cocky and act like it was plain sailing for the Portuguese plunderers. Let's not shit on their parade though.

Maybe our team is not THAT lucky, maybe they actually know how to play football. We lost twice this season (against Barcelona and Spartak) and scored more than 100 goals in all competitons.

"Lucky"

haha

Wilbur

Banned
I don't want to see a Spurs-Chelsea final because we know Chelsea will win. They're probably going to win the whole thing anyway to be honest.

Spurs - Fener
Chelsea - Benfica

Spurs - Benfica final

Spurs win and finish fourth

I cum

rvy

Banned
edit
I am not joking, I was JUST about to post that whenever they do lose they have these GIFs and excuses. :lol above my post.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

But seriously, are you brain-damaged or something? If you are, I apologize. Either you are brain-damaged, or you have the memory-span of a fish.

Spurs - Benfica final

Not fucking Villas-Boas again.

I probably agree, but playing devil's advocate for a minute, whoever plays the second, deciding leg at home also has a certain advantage in virtue of playing it in front of their home fans, and they get that purely through the luck of the draw.

Perhaps, but I think that the added value of an away goal is a much more measurable advantage than the somewhat nebulous one that comes with playing at home.

Fuck, my stream just changed to F1 D:

Meier

We desperately need the points to try and get 5th place.

I'm not surprised Sporting has a chance to finish that high since the Liga is a pretty weak league outside the top few teams.. but that's crazy. Weren't you guys in the relegation zone (or just outside it) after about 12-13 games? Nice turnaround.

FootballFan

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

But seriously, are you brain-damaged or something? If you are, I apologize. Either you are brain-damaged, or you have the memory-span of a fish.

Come on mate, no need for personal attacks. I don't report people but that is taking it too far.

You were lucky, build a bridge.

faridmon

I really hate how there is no German teams in Europa League anymore, nor Spanish for that matter.
I don't like this years Europa League.
Benfica is gonna win it.

Wilbur

Banned
I really hate how there is no German teams in Europa League anymore, nor Spanish for that matter.
I don't like this years Europa League.
Benfica is gonna win it.

Chelsea, man. How do people not get that Chelsea in cups are like fucking relentless lucky monsters

Top Bottom