• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

fuenf

We're usually best if the 2nd leg is an away leg, that's true (see e.g. our last matches against Man U or Madrid). Still it's gonna be one hell of a challenge.

wow, now that I thought about it a litte more, beating Barca convincingly could set us up for an epic choke against Dortmund :(

WJD

Clasico final would be absolutely huge. Like, members of UEFA and the FA sharing a pool filled with cash and naked women for the rest of their lives huge.

bud

the final's going to be bayern - borussia, i think.

i just don't see barca in their current form beating bayern in their current form.

I'm scared of Mou :(

We showed that we can win against Real but Mou learning from the two group matches and us lacking expierence, I fear that's it for this season. Well, at least we don't have to hear Wurst-Uli's shit talking when they're out, too.
But we can't see him die of a heart attack either if we were to beat them :|

We're not really hard to figure out though, but on a meta level they fit us really well, imho.
And now there's also Sahin to shake things up. He'll be extra motivated vs. Mou, lol

Kenka

the final's going to be bayern - borussia, i think.

i just don't see barca in their current form beating bayern in their current form.

I also think that a mentally well-prepared Bayern is too strong for Barça. Real-Dortmund could go either side.
Football at its finest. We never got so spoilt before.

barca in their current form still has messi. enough to beat anyone.
Leave it Heynckes. I think he will work extra hours at night to find a solution. He will I am sure.

I see Bayern win the tie.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Well, it's the draw I wanted to see. Just hope the Spanish teams can stop being useless one man teams and actually play some real football.

WJD

Not sure whether it's a good or bad thing that the draws have fallen as

Possession v Possession and
Counter v Counter.

Good for the final though I suppose.

Gambit

The worst, absolute worst possible outcome would be to beat the giants Barca and then chocke against Dortmund in the final...

qindarka

Banned
Remember last year when a Classico final was apparently nailed on?

Think at least one German team will go through. Want a Real-Bayern final.

FootballFan

Best Real Madrid's XI made of foreign players.

1365692190_extras_portada_0.jpg

So pretty much best Madrid of all time minus second best Spanish striker of all time Raul?

Bo-Locks

Both the Spanish clubs have their second tie at their home ground, which can can make a big difference.

Anything but an all lol liga final please. I'll be supporting Bayern and Dortmund.

FootballFan

Just back from an Ice Hockey match(some sort of championship being held here).

Hungary kicked NZs ass 7-2. But damn, Hungarian girls are damn good looking.

Both the Spanish clubs have their second tie at their home ground, which can can make a big difference.

Anything but an all lol liga final please. I'll be supporting Bayern and Dortmund.

I agree, but there is always a chance of extra time in the second leg where an away goal would probably seal the deal. So it's not all bad.

Ok, so lets list all the players who will be missing the first leg (suspension or injury):

Bayern: Cuntzukic, (Badstuber, Kroos)
Real: Arbeloa
Dortmund: -
Barca: -

/fixed²

I agree, but there is always a chance of extra time in the second leg where an away goal would probably seal the deal. So it's not all bad.

Ok, so lets list all the players who will be missing the first leg (suspension or injury):

Bayern: Mancuntic, (Badstuber, Kroos)
Real: Arbeloa
Dortmund: -
Barca: -

/fixed

Arbeloa out is glorious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
7 - Barcelona have never lost a European Cup knockout tie against German opposition, winning seven previous ties. History.

Top Bottom