• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Noirulus

Liverpool fucked without Suarez? Hardly. They'll just sign someone else.

Barca fucked without Messi? Absolutely.

That's due to their offense being centered around Messi. (IMO) they'd be okay without him if they restructured their tactics.

They would definitely be a worse team, but not fucked I think.

It'd put a serious dent in our champions league aspirations!

I want to reclaim the Merseyside Cup :p

Need him just for the Newcastle, Everton and Chelsea games. Our season is over in real terms, but I wanna finish as high as possible. And we're more likely to keep the players we want to keep if we finish the season in good form and as high in the table as possible.

And I still think we can win the league.

Made me lol

dark-souls-come-at-me-bro-mushroom-punch-KO-1365034881s.gif

sohois

I'm sure Suarez wouldn't go for less than £60million if he were sold, the issue is bringing in new players. Liverpool could pick up 3 £20million players for that money (not accounting for wages) but are in an even worse spot than when Torres was sold.

Even some of the less desired players of this summer like Jovetic or Schurlle would be beyond Liverpool without crazy wages. They'd have to turn to quite unproven players like Son or Bony to have a chance to replace Suarez with similar quality, which just increases the chance that they won't measure up.

Arnie

I don't think we would sell Gomez for 55m + Suarez (or at least I'd like to believe that). Wait, you mean the other way around? Hahahahahahahahahaha.
You think Gomez is better than Suarez?

I think Gomez is underrated here, but you're off your tits.

deGod

I think you'll probably have 3 different keepers next season. Chesney has not developed at all since becoming first choice and the other two will never be good enough. Begovic or Mignolet will join for sure.

I think the major problem is the defence. A keeper can only be as good as the defence in front of him and in most cases for arsenal it is shocking. Don't think they have played with the same defensive line up at all during the season

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Hibs came back from being 0-3 down at half time to winning 4-3. Pretty incredible stuff.

Leigh Griffiths is class. Wolves reserve lol. Will end up at a mid-table Championship team or Wigan or something. :p

ibnp3m1v0FCjoS.gif

Top Bottom