• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wilshere starting according to @GeoffArsenal, is usually right when it comes to team news.

Hopefully Bassong softens him up for Fellaini mid-week. Come on Seb, do your old team a favour.

phaze

Transfer Central TNC @TransferNewsCen
Bayern Munich have made Arsenal player Laurent Koscielny a top player on their transfer list, as Guardiola is a fan of him (Daily Mail)

wftKIvX.gif

n0lNAsI.gif

Wilshere starting according to @GeoffArsenal, is usually right when it comes to team news.

Yesss ! Also no clue as to what problem Wenger has with Poldi, I would replace Giroud with him as the center forward.

for any other club that will b a very good season. But for Chelsea, they will sack their manager.

I can see why Rafa can't stay, there's just too much bad blood there. Hope he sticks a literal two fingers up to the supporters who abuse him at matches before he goes though :p

Arnie

The best thing about the Chelsea situation is that they could finish 3rd, win the Europa League and the FA Cup, and there will still be a large portion of supporters who think that isn't good enough.

I like Chelsea GAF, too. There's certainly nobody that I dislike. But that's the absolute truth.

The best thing about the Chelsea situation is that they could finish 3rd, win the Europa League and the FA Cup, and there will still be a large portion of supporters who think that isn't good enough.

I like Chelsea GAF, too. There's certainly nobody that I dislike. But that's the absolute truth.

If he does manage to finish third and win either the FA cup or Europa League that will be ok, but just signing with him is a huge failure from the management and I can't wait for the day he is gone. Nothing he can do will make him liked, that's for sure.

Arnie

Why can't I remember that game? :/
Let's refresh your memory of that beautiful day. Suarez was suspended, so he watched the match with his family.

j1Sx1.gif

THE GOAL

ibscOlmhSKiBTn.gif

CELEBRATION

iba98ssjqxO4J4.gif

SUAREZ

ijUesU4W4Vbsc.gif

If he does manage to finish third and win either the FA cup or Europa League that will be ok, but just signing with him is a huge failure from the management and I can't wait for the day he is gone.

That's a fault of the management, not Rafa's.

Given the vitriol he's received from the word go, and given that squad wise you still aren't on par with the Manchester clubs, a 3rd place finish and two cups would be phenomenal.

TrueBlue

Hmm. As a Chelsea fan, I feel incredibly spoiled to be witnessing this period of success, especially when you consider we went 50 years without the title and have even been relegated. I'll gladly take a cup double and 3rd, especially since the latter would be an improvement over last year.

But before that
it was an easy draw. Even Fergie moaned
about it.

Fergie moans. Shocker! Either way, you still have to beat what's put in front of you.

Let's refresh your memory of that beautiful day. Suarez was suspended, so he watched the match with his family.

gifs

Still pisses me off that we simply failed to turn up to the final until Carroll was introduced. He was fucking amazing for that last 30 minutes though, Terry just couldn't handle him at all. Bollocksed up our great chance though by both failing to put it in (great save though,) an failing to anticipate the possibility of the save and losing the oppurtunity to put it in on the rebound

Arnie

Fuck I had forgotten about Suarez celebration, I wish that had stayed forgotten. Almost made me want United to equalize.
So strange to me how people hate him compared with my unbridled love for him.
Hmm. As a Chelsea fan, I feel incredibly spoiled to be witnessing this period of success, especially when you consider we went 50 years without the title and have even been relegated. I'll gladly take a cup double and 3rd, especially since the latter would be an improvement over last year.
That's about right.

Still pisses me off that we simply failed to turn up to the final until Carroll was introduced. He was fucking amazing for that last 30 minutes though, Terry just couldn't handle him at all. Bollocksed up our great chance though by both failing to put it in (great save though,) an failing to anticipate the possibility of the save and losing the oppurtunity to put it in on the rebound
Aye, and then we destroyed them at Anfield a couple days later.

Carroll probably should've scored again, like. But fuck he was good when he came on.

When he plays like that defenders can't physically do much to combat him.

Slizz

I didn't understand any of it. Is the paper a reference to his fragile ligaments?

Lebron>Bryant

It actually is referencing that the rapper whose performing the lyrics house is 40 acres and he lives next to Koby Bryant from the Lakers. Paper referring to worth.

At the end of the day don't be surprised if Lebron passes Jordan.

Aye, and then we destroyed them at Anfield a couple days later.

Carroll probably should've scored again, like. But fuck he was good when he came on.

When he plays like that defenders can't physically do much to combat him.

Yeah. In his time here, he spent far too much time trying to buy fouls from defenders, when he should have been bullying them. To this day I don't understand why he'd turn up one day looking (agility-wise) like John Parkin after a kebab or two, then the next he'd be like a prize racehorse who was literally impossible to handle.

Its an odd skillset all round in football. Pace is incredibly useful, but a good team can nullify it, either through pace of their own, positioning or starving them of supply. Brute strength like Carroll occasionally has in his locker though? I'm not sure what anyone can do to nullify that if he's on form. Imagine if someone with the fitness and willpower of Kuyt had Carroll's physical gifts.

Lightning

Banned
Liverpool fans how do you rate Rodgers first season in charge compared with Kenny Dalglish last season? And are you happy with this seasons progress and the likely outcome.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Chelsea get the double and finish 3rd ill cry.

But then laugh at Ushojax because Spurs will have then missed out.

It will come down to the last day, I guarantee it. Only this time, Martin Fulop won't be there to ride to your rescue. You'll see. YOU"LL ALL SEE!

tumblr_inline_mh3ljrZIrI1rq0hnm.gif

Top Bottom