• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Not sure why people are complaining about Millwall fans to be honest, it's like walking into a mental institution and start pointing out how that guy shouldn't throw his own poop and the woman over there shouldn't be eating her cigarettes, it's just who they are and what they do, reminds me of Brøndby supporters but what can you do when they have probably been sniffing glue all the way to the stadium?

FootballFan

idgNCRnSI0AKa.gif

This one goes for FootballFan, because he loves Shaqiri and because
he'll do that against Barca

Great goal tbh.

I posted earlier that I hope one of us wins the CL. Ready to gloryhunt either team in the final.

Got these:

2EZlLDw.jpg

Can't believe Zenit are going to win the title again this year. So gooooood. CSKA are surely going to choke away this lead. We need to get a striker though, I'm done with Kerzhakov.

L1NETT

You're not Millwall though. I would think the 10k that go to The Den every week are the one's that are going to cause trouble.

Completely the opposite. It's the floaters who will most likely go looking to cause trouble. Granted Millwall fans aren't tip top, but's its the periphery who will trigger something nasty.

Bumhead

Banned

Reminds me of earlier this season when Leeds played at Hillsborough and the Leeds fans in the upper tier kicked the advertising hoardings down into the lower tier, right onto a boy who looked no older than about 10 or 11 and had to be consoled by his Dad after as he cried his eyes out. A Leeds fan himself, by the way.

Leeds. Millwall. Two sides of the same insipid coin.

I've just got back from our match at Bellend Road today. Thankfully it passed mostly without incident, with the exception of some very questionable refereeing. So, pretty standard for a match at Leeds then, under the watchful eyes of cheating cunts like Don Revie and Billy Bremner.

Slizz

Going to be great with that new always online console!

I can't wait till they finally reveal their turd at E3 or wherever the fuck they do it, should get a good laugh out of all the features.

Just started watching Arrow.... For a superhero show its pretty awesome... Arrow actually kills people...

Turok_TTZ

Answering some questions from yesterday....
turok_itk. what the is the latest real madrid insider knowledge? Is mourinho coming to Chelsea?
the writings on the wall and friends close to Rafael benitez tells me yes. Apparently Benitez is aware of chatter between lolabramovich and mou. Not a sure thing but if mou does leave, you won't lose money betting on chelsea to claim mou come season's end. PSG is unlikely, Mou loves the epl after all and ancelotti is doing well. There are rumours of Mou will stay if Casillas and ramos gets sold off but I cannot confirm for the moment that such rumour is legit. but either way too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Your seasons in a bit better shape than it was when you meet Dortmund the last time. I doubt Dortmund will win this time.

Benzema staying or going man? I want him at Arsenal.

Your messed up if you think we are in better shape than before. Last we faced dortmund, we were outplayed in just about every department possible. we barely escaped embarassment in our own home. We may have the better players, but Dortmund as a whole are the better team. They didn't even adapt or change their style to play against us, they play like they normally do and made us look like a bunch of americans kicking a ball around.

On paper we should be able to knock dortmund out but... I give Dortmund the edge. No doubt about it, we will have to change tactics in order to win against dortmund.

Since Mourinho is likely to leave, all of Benzema's complaints will be settled and will probably remain in madrid unless we buy falcao/aguero. It all depends on Mou leaving and if Falcao/Aguero coming or not.
Currently come season end we will sell off one of the strikers be it Higuain or Benzema. The board still mulling over who to let go but most likely it will be Higuain. Flo in truth never liked him to begin with and prefers Benzema to Higuain. Flo is smart.

Meanwhile it seems we are resigning carjaval as planned come season end. I for one am pleased since Carjaval became a starter for leverkusen and he always was the hope for a new rb for Real Madrid. I am not a fan of Sergio Ramos, All brawn and no brains.

Lightning

Banned
14 hours or so.

Worst day of the year, scum away. Absolutely fucking hate it.
Why? It's your best chance at beating them. They had to put in an extra hard shift against Benfica while your team sat on their asses.

Your messed up if you think we are in better shape than before. Last we faced dortmund, we were outplayed in just about every department possible. we barely escaped embarassment in our own home. We may have the better players, but Dortmund as a whole are the better team. They didn't even adapt or change their style to play against us, they play like they normally do and made us look like a bunch of americans kicking a ball around.

On paper we should be able to knock dortmund out but... I give Dortmund the edge. No doubt about it, we will have to change tactics in order to win against dortmund.
What do you mean I'm messed up? Earlier in the season Madrid were in turmoil, you were dropping points in the CL and La Liga, and your form was all over the place. Now you've beaten Barcelona, knocked Manchester United and Gala out of the CL and are looking a team again. Madrid would have learned from what hurt them in the first games and correct it this time besides Madrid players are used to the intense pressure of a semi final, Dortmund are not. Dortmund have not looked comfortable at all in the knockout phase and were EXTREMELY lucky to beat Malaga.

Dortmund can slice it any way they like. They had better players, better team, better everything but they were very lucky.

Linius

There's an overarching storyline?

*jizz*

Rayland(sp?) is an absolute boss already. Wish I could pull off the middle class cowboy look :p

Raylan Givens. And yes he's the man.

And yup, overarching storyline for each season. Last season (four) they did a bit different and for me it was the best season so far. There's only awesomeness awaiting for you.

Linius

I was able to play around 11-1 PM no problems. Some XBL twitter account is saying they're still searching for a solution.

If they have a solution anywhere in the next few hours I guess I'll boot up my xbox if anyone wants to play. Depends on what's on the Coachella stream :p

Raylan Givens. And yes he's the man.

And yup, overarching storyline for each season. Last season (four) they did a bit different and for me it was the best season so far. There's only awesomeness awaiting for you.

Guessing the first is about his Dad?

Not sure whether to watch 2 at a time or not. I get burned out easily if I watch too much of the ame programme in a short space of time. Harmed my experience of X-Files and Lost

Bumhead

Banned
14 hours or so.

Worst day of the year, scum away. Absolutely fucking hate it.

Anybody who says they enjoy derby matches is bullshitting, or doesn't support/love their club as much as they think they do.

And anybody who says "Why?" doesn't understand.

I love beating Sheffield United. But at the same time I'd quite happily never play them again. Those matches are awful. I feel physically sick for the entire 90 minutes. They're absolutely atrocious, and the only time you can relax is when the final whitsle blows and you've won. Any other ouctome is a fucking nightmare.

Hixx

Anybody who says they enjoy derby matches is bullshitting, or doesn't support/love their club as much as they think they do.

And anybody who says "Why?" doesn't understand.

I love beating Sheffield United. But at the same time I'd quite happily never play them again. Those matches are awful. I feel physically sick for the entire 90 minutes. They're absolutely atrocious, and the only time you can relax is when the final whitsle blows and you've won. Any other ouctome is a fucking nightmare.

Yep.

When the Mags went down, it was class for obvious reasons but the main one for me is that'd probably be a year without a derby. Season ended up being pretty naff but it was the easiest I'd ever had it supporting SAFC so I enjoyed it.

Top Bottom