• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Anybody who says they enjoy derby matches is bullshitting, or doesn't support/love their club as much as they think they do.

And anybody who says "Why?" doesn't understand.

I love beating Sheffield United. But at the same time I'd quite happily never play them again. Those matches are awful. I feel physically sick for the entire 90 minutes. They're absolutely atrocious, and the only time you can relax is when the final whitsle blows and you've won. Any other ouctome is a fucking nightmare.

Matches against Eerton and Man Utd are only even slightly enjoyable for me when we're 2 goals up

Plasma

Banned
MOTD talking about the penalty decision but none of them picked up that Norwich shouldn't have got the freekick that led to their goal because their player tripped himself over.

It comforts me to know that when Millwall cease to exist, they will be remembered for being a gang of cunts rather than anything they ever achieved on the pitch

Turok_TTZ

Why? It's your best chance at beating them. They had to put in an extra hard shift against Benfica while your team sat on their asses.

What do you mean I'm messed up? Earlier in the season Madrid were in turmoil, you were dropping points in the CL and La Liga, and your form was all over the place. Now you've beaten Barcelona, knocked Manchester United and Gala out of the CL and are looking a team again. Madrid would have learned from what hurt them in the first games and correct it this time besides Madrid players are used to the intense pressure of a semi final, Dortmund are not. Dortmund have not looked comfortable at all in the knockout phase and were EXTREMELY lucky to beat Malaga.

Dortmund can slice it any way they like. They had better players, better team, better everything but they were very lucky.

except we never learn what went wrong in previous matches :\. the day Mourinho learns from mistakes is the day Madrid gets dat Decima. Madrid didn't look comfortable against even manutd and we were lucky that red card happened. I'm very concerned. that and Madrid's track record vs german teams. its not pretty. if we had a stronger midfield i wouldn't be concerned... funnily enough if we had sahin, dortmund wudnt trouble me one bit but... that ship has sailed.

except we never learn what went wrong in previous matches :\. the day Mourinho learns from mistakes is the day Madrid gets dat Decima. Madrid didn't look comfortable against even manutd and we were lucky that red card happened. I'm very concerned. that and Madrid's track record vs german teams. its not pretty. if we had a stronger midfield i wouldn't be concerned... funnily enough if we had sahin, dortmund wudnt trouble me one bit but... that ship has sailed.

To be fair, its exactly what you've done with Barca the last 2 years. Although its learning from others' mistakes as much as your own

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Turok_TTZ, what do you think your chances are of getting Falcao?

My uncle is a Madrid fan and I told him it'd be more likely that you guys get Kun.

Turok_TTZ

To be fair, its exactly what you've done with Barca the last 2 years. Although its learning from others' mistakes as much as your own

nothing has changed with regards to dealing with farsa, has remained the same since the cdr win. only reason we win this time around is thanks to the quality defending of Varane, a guy who I rated well above lolepep and lolramos before he even had the match that made his splash. we pressure the same, we mark the same, we attack the same, only differences would be a slight change in handling possession but thats it really. pass to cr7 and hope for the best. laughable really that we win despite this.

Turok_TTZ, what do you think your chances are of getting Falcao?

My uncle is a Madrid fan and I told him it'd be more likely that you guys get Kun.
funny u mention that. I recall being told a story that we let aguero sign for city because of Benzema making his comeback season. Right now I'm not too sure. from one source, Aguero is the favourite, another is falcao.
imo, its falcao but aguero would probably be cheaper. especially since I recall the board considering money and higuain swap for aguero. I'm not sure if that plan has been scrapped but if we wanted to save money, Aguero is the sure thing.

If we didn't care about the money, Falcao without a doubt. I Favor falcao as his name would make a bigger splash especially since not only he is better than aguero, elections coming up and timing cudn't be better, Which signing wudnt be better to turn away attention from mourinho leaving to new striker signing? falcao.

Bumhead

Banned
Matches against Eerton and Man Utd are only even slightly enjoyable for me when we're 2 goals up

I've been watching the Wednesday far too long to ever be comfortable at 2 goals up..

But yeah, there's no easy way to dress up a derby game. They're great fun for absolutely everybody other than the fans of the two teams involved.

There are posters I like and respect on this forum who support both Sunderland and Newcastle, and thats as far as my opinion of either goes, so good luck to the pair of you. I'd welcome a visit to either ground next season.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
teo_141212.jpg

Lightning

Banned
funny u mention that. I recall being told a story that we let aguero sign for city because of Benzema making his comeback season. Right now I'm not too sure. from one source, Aguero is the favourite, another is falcao.
imo, its falcao but aguero would probably be cheaper. especially since I recall the board considering money and higuain swap for aguero. I'm not sure if that plan has been scrapped but if we wanted to save money, Aguero is the sure thing.

If we didn't care about the money, Falcao without a doubt. I Favor falcao as his name would make a bigger splash especially since not only he is better than aguero, elections coming up and timing cudn't be better, Which signing wudnt be better to turn away attention from mourinho leaving to new striker signing? falcao.
I thought Cavani was the done deal? Madrid are being linked with too many strikers.

Slizz

Lol ESPN North America, trying to roll out some Liga MX games in anticipation of losing PL rights next year..... Only problem is I'm stuck watching college baseball where the lead is 9 runs..... I fear for football growth in the US now.

EDIT: In addition to our NT sucking.

The fact that football highlights are shown only once in the entire week is a fucking disgrace. I swear there are less radio commentaries to listen to as well nowadays

arkon

*basks in the appreciation*

Arkon is newish right? He has my vote. Koko and Suen are cool Madridistas too, which is pretty nice to have around here.

Yeah, I got posting rights at the start of the year. Started posting in OT11 or 12. It's why I never really agreed with the comments about difficulties to newcomers integrating into the community. I did it myself not too long ago! If I can do it anyone can.

Arkon seems cool. For a Juventus fan

:)

They're one of the teams I follow in different leagues (Ajax and Diego Tristan-era Deportivo were others; he's a real dreamboat) and watch out for their results. I like to see them do well but it doesn't pain me if they don't win. I get over the bad results pretty quickly. So I dunno, fan might be stretching it. I do have a huge appreciation for some of the players that have come through the club, past and present though. Pirlo is my latest obsession.

Arkon replies to all my posts, even the stupid ones. I like him.

It's the stupid posts that make it all worthwhile. It's good to change things up a bit and not be too serious all the time.

Arkon is a good guy.

You're pretty good yourself.

Hixx

arkon sucks

I am only joking. I might be. Probably am. Dunno. Derby delirium. Got the shits as well. Proper explosive they are.

Top Bottom