• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Wes

venison crêpe
15202_581215635229870_1429114059_n.jpg

Was this taken moments before he landed on Luiz?

spidye

At the start, Ascension is pretty disappointing but it massively picks up halfway through, in terms of story,abilities, and just getting use to thenew combat elements. Its still a great game

GoW2>GoW>>GoW3>GoW:A=GoW:CoO>>>MGS:R

As much as I love the series, they should give it a break for a few years imo

Only 3 new PS3 retail games to look forward to for me, Last of Us, GTA5 and Beyond: Two Souls. How about you?

Didn't the Wigan linesman claim that he saw the McManaman (annoying to type) incident?

but the combat is mighty inferior to GOW3, imo. I'm dying a lot and not because of the difficulty level. it's rather frustating

but the combat is mighty inferior to GOW3, imo. I'm dying a lot and not because of the difficulty level. it's rather frustating

It took me a long time to get used to the Rage meter, magic reliance and nerfed dodge/homing attacks, but once it clicks, its still fantastic. The problem is, its not better. So they basically changed the combat system to one that is worse for half the game, and no better even when you adapt.

Fady K

At the start, Ascension is pretty disappointing but it massively picks up halfway through, in terms of story,abilities, and just getting use to thenew combat elements. Its still a great game

GoW2>GoW>>GoW3>GoW:A=GoW:CoO>>>MGS:R

As much as I love the series, they should give it a break for a few years imo

Only 3 new PS3 retail games to look forward to for me, Last of Us, GTA5 and Beyond: Two Souls. How about you?

Didn't the Wigan linesman claim that he saw the McManaman (annoying to type) incident?

Ah! Good to hear decent impressions on Ascension from a gaffer for a change! Looking forward to it :)

I honestly have a LOT of stuff I look forward to playing on the PS3 alone! Deadly Premonition Director's Cut / Metro Last Light / Resident Evil Revelations / The Last of Us / Tales of Xillia / Puppeteer / GTA 5 / Rayman Legends / Killer is Dead / Beyond / Batman Arkham Origins / Sherlock Holmes Crime & Punishment / Assassin's Creed IV / Until Dawn / Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 / Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain - Ground Zeroes :D

Aren't you looking forward to any of the above?

I know you're trolling but GoW is possibly the worst mainstream action game out there. Level with DmC.

The story is great, I'm talking about the combat engine here.

I can definitely understand the criticism with God of War's combat - it is not that deep and you can get away with using mostly the same moves and it barely evolved since the original game in 2005 - yet I love the series very much. I *do* wish that they write better stories for the game - the game is begging for a more interesting plot overall I feel.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not saying it was shit, just..shallow.

If you want a fantastic combat engine play NG1/2, DMC3, God Hand, Bayonetta and MGR.

If you want high production values and shallow/casual action games go for GoW and DmC.

Yep, God of War is utter garbage.

Joe Allen's utter garbage

@Fady, I forgot about all of those recently announced games tbh. I want to play Metro, but will leave it in case I build a PC toplay it the way it was built to be played :)

Definitely getting MGS though, and I'll see how Arkham Origins shapes up. Might get that Sherlock games as well. Gonna try and get into the Sherlock Holmes books too

Holy shit, father vs son managerial battle tomorrow between Oldham and Yeovil

spidye

kid-cant-kick-ball-o.gif

It took me a long time to get used to the Rage meter, magic reliance and nerfed dodge/homing attacks, but once it clicks, its still fantastic. The problem is, its not better. So they basically changed the combat system to one that is worse for half the game, and no better even when you adapt.

this is how I see it aswell. the changes are not making it better but rather irrititating.
still a rather fun game but the weakest entry in the franchise

Bo-Locks

I'm looking forward to this u21 game a lot. Kaboul starts for Spurs. I'm also looking forward to Spurs fans opinion on Januzaj. I have got a feeling that he's going to kill it tonight. It's the first game in the Salford stadium.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Howard Webb has been dropped from the Premier League officials' line-up for next weekend after an error-strewn performance in Sunderland's 3-0 win against Newcastle at St James' Park yesterday.

Sportsmail can reveal that English football's leading official will instead suffer the indignity of presiding over a League One match between Colchester and Shrewsbury next Saturday afternoon.

He will be joined at the Colchester Community Stadium by his two World Cup Final assistant referees, Darren Cann and Mike Mullarkey, who also came under fire in the aftermath of an explosive Tyne-Wear derby.

lol

At least Sian Massey didn't get dragged down with them.

Our U21s have scored an absurd amount of goals. 33 to United's 13 (though we've played a game more).

Fady K

Joe Allen's utter garbage

@Fady, I forgot about all of those recently announced games tbh. I want to play Metro, but will leave it in case I build a PC toplay it the way it was built to be played :)

Definitely getting MGS though, and I'll see how Arkham Origins shapes up. Might get that Sherlock games as well. Gonna try and get into the Sherlock Holmes books too

Holy shit, father vs son managerial battle tomorrow between Oldham and Yeovil

Yeah there is an insane amount of stuff coming out Hitch! And then there's the PS4 :0!!! You should look into the Sherlock game that came out last year - The Testament of SHerlock Holmes - it looks fabulous :0

^WHAT

YEEES. But...when?

The Witcher had shit graphics.

Insert another coin.

I'm guessing that it will release on Q4 2014 / Q1 2015 at the latest.

Klopp got his hair done.
After CL draw, some Bayern guy said they won't talk to Guardiola about Barca.
Klopp said he bets his ass they will have a phone call with Guardiola.
Rummenigge said Klopp should bet his hair instead, he could transplant some more but the ass would be gone.

Would Guardiola talk about Barca to them though? It's an interesting question

bjaelke

Wooden: You wont hear me say this often, so cherish it; I hope you win.

I feel dirty even typing it. Please end that shit team and their fat, whiskey-nose owner.

Fady K

Guys, Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusions is coming out to the PSN, XBLA and PC like, this summer. God I love digital downloads. It enabled us to play countless small-scale games that would have never existed in a physical form in this day and age.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Witcher 1 spoiler and Bioshock:

just realized the similarities between TW's ending and Bioshock

pulga

Banned
Klopp got his hair done.
After CL draw, some Bayern guy said they won't talk to Guardiola about Barca.
Klopp said he bets his ass they will have a phone call with Guardiola.
Rummenigge said Klopp should bet his hair instead, he could transplant some more but the ass would be gone.

lol what the fuck, Rummenigge kinda went overboard with the insults haha

Whats Pep gonna do, I wonder? Seems like a proper dilemma for him.

Gaming needs a boot up the ass.

Hopefully CD Projekt Red will save it. And maybe Bungie will help as well.

Agreed. I used to buys tons of games, now I cant be bothered to finish the small amount I do buy.

Meier

383087_517755001616126_2131989108_n.jpg

Cool picture. They had a number of weather delays but Orlando City won their home opener last night. Been impressed by Long Tan thus far.

Top Bottom