• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

i i don't know what i want in life. i have accomplished little to nothing. people i was in class with years ago have successful careers whereas i'm still a student. i still feel like a child.

i'm having a quarter life crisis.

Well.. I can relate lol.

I'm 23 and my friends starting to get kids is just weird, when I'm only one year in on Uni (2 ½ left) and can barely be bothered to actually do stuff. At least everyone in my class are old for some reason, only think 2 are younger than me and nearly all of them are women, so it's like having 25 moms which is not too bad other than them trying to set you up with ugly chicks. I think I just stopped caring though at this point what people think, I'm a lazy bastard and do things slowly, I've accepted it haha.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Apparently Bale didn't train today and is currently doubtful for the City game this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Bale will make it, I guarantee it. He's played with a dodgy ankle before, we'll just give him an injection. It's been two weeks since he turned it and he didn't tear anything, I imagine we just don't want to risk it swelling up if he trains fully.

Bale will make it, I guarantee it. He's played with a dodgy ankle before, we'll just give him an injection. It's been two weeks since he turned it and he didn't tear anything, I imagine we just don't want to risk it swelling up if he trains fully.

Yesterday was Tuesday as well. There's still today, Thursday and Friday for him to train. We really need at least one of Bale or Lennon against City though. We don't have a great chance of winning if both of them are out.

Kenka

If you are confident in you and keep looking for success, you will eventually reach it. And then, all the hard work will be rewarded. Either with money, or with relations, or simply memories, once you look back.

And also, I join GAF's advice. Think of you first: sleep enough, train, eat regularly and decently. Make sure you don't offense your circle of friends and relatives.

Arnie

Yeah I still don't know what I want to do when I graduate this year. And when I say don't know I mean I have no idea at all.

Same.

Have vague ideas about PR and Advertising but really I'm pissing into the wind on that one.

Tempted to just travel back to Preston, live in my dad's new garage conversion and learn to drive.

Travelling down to London tomorrow night because I've got a graduate day for a 3 month summer internship at a PR company. At least that's a finite contract so if I do get it, and realise I don't actually enjoy PR all that much, I can just bail with a few quid in the bank come September.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I'm 22 and I've another 2/3 years left. I'm also older than most people in my course so its kinda similar to you

You're grand though, there is plenty of life left to experience.

I've spent too long making money in a dead-end job, meeting nobody and going nowhere.

If anyone has any business ideas and needs an investor/partner, fire me a PM :p

arkon

Like Wes said, it's not an unusual situation to find yourself in. I'd hazard a guess that most people have had those kinds of thoughts at a similar stage in their lives. It's a big step from graduating to trying to make your way in the real world.

Wes

venison crêpe
Latest Fink Tank

Nl3ghR0.jpg

arkon

Did Spurs miss out on the CL in the last one you pasted as well? I think I remember Ushojax posting that Tony Montana gif at the time.

Why is the ME3 Mission Log so shit? I don't know if I have the itms needed to complete the side-missions because the descriptios don't change, and there's no mission inventory.

Bud, a law degree would be an awesome thing to have so what if you are 2-3 years behind, lets be honest most of us won't be able to Retire till we are in our 60's so a slow start means nothing

it boils down to this: i'm 25 and should've had a law degree already, but, obviously, i'm still working on it. i'm in class with people way younger than me and it fucking kills me because i shouldn't be there anymore. law doesn't even interest me that much anymore (civil law is actually kinda interesting, but that's really it), but the only reason i'm not dropping out is because, well, i just can't do that. i wouldn't have a degree in that case. that would be fucked up. i only have a year left, but then what?

i i don't know what i want in life. i have accomplished little to nothing. people i was in class with years ago have successful careers whereas i'm still a student. i still feel like a child.

i'm having a quarter life crisis.

i'm assuming you're not in america? i'm in law school in the US, and there are a ton of people in their late 20s and early 30s. i am practically a baby in my class, and i am graduating right before i turn 25 (graduating next month, in case you were curious.) so i fail to see how you are too old for law school.

don't feel bad about your age or what other people are doing. you will figure something out career-wise and be successful. at the end of the day you are going to be a member in a very small, highly educated profession, and you will be able to use your degree to find something. even if you have to practice law for a year or two and hate it, you will then have experience and connections to be able to move into something else.

personally, i am also not too enamored with the practice of law. i am clerking for a judge next year, but after that i'm going to look into joining the foreign service as a diplomat (they hire lawyers for that a lot here) or entering the military as a lawyer for a more exciting form of practice. maybe you can look into some similar alternatives wherever you are?

also, i'm just curious, but what do you mean when you say "civil law" is interesting? i thought civil law just refers to everything other than criminal law.

Wes

venison crêpe
By the way, can we not have a terrible thread title for the next thread please. The last few ones started off being appalling.

bud

i'm assuming you're not in america? i'm in law school in the US, and there are a ton of people in their late 20s and early 30s. i am practically a baby in my class, and i am graduating right before i turn 25 (graduating next month, in case you were curious.) so i fail to see how you are too old for law school.

don't feel bad about your age or what other people are doing. you will figure something out career-wise and be successful. at the end of the day you are going to be a member in a very small, highly educated profession, and you will be able to use your degree to find something. even if you have to practice law for a year or two and hate it, you will then have experience and connections to be able to move into something else.

personally, i am also not too enamored with the practice of law. i am clerking for a judge next year, but after that i'm going to look into joining the foreign service as a diplomat (they hire lawyers for that a lot here) or entering the military as a lawyer for a more exciting form of practice. maybe you can look into some similar alternatives wherever you are?

also, i'm just curious, but what do you mean when you say "civil law" is interesting? i thought civil law just refers to everything other than criminal law.

contract law to be more specific.

these past two pages are... uplifting. thank you.

Messi

I hit an important milestone today. I am now at my lowest weight since before I started gaining weight. From here on out I am breaking new ground baby.

Top Bottom